What's new

Nitin Gadkari, Sri Lankan PM discuss $5.19 billion India-Lanka road project, underwater tunnel!!

not selling anything for you to buy....just stating factual observations.

Nothing worse happens to India or SL if this bridge does not get built. If it does get built I think it brings benefits to both. And a hope that in that process the violated Tamils of SL somehow manage to get some better life.

Tamil Nadu has caused, prolonged and supported the suffering of all Sri Lankans.

Even historically it has been a bane to the island.

not selling anything for you to buy....just stating factual observations.

Nothing worse happens to India or SL if this bridge does not get built. If it does get built I think it brings benefits to both. And a hope that in that process the violated Tamils of SL somehow manage to get some better life.

will it make you stop stealing their fish?

Tamil Nadu has caused, prolonged and supported the suffering of all Sri Lankans.

Even historically it has been a bane to the island.

like I said, if it doesn't get built, nobody suffers; if it gets built both see better economic activity. Obviously you have strong opinions about history but there are two sides to all coins.

will it make you stop stealing their fish?

2 sides to all coins. The fishermen of TN say SL bothers them all the time when they are fishing in perfectly eligible waters.

What face.. ?

A good start is relaunching the Tuticorin Mannar ferry service

It's not the people but the polity of TN, Including mainstream parties, I agree even to this day people to people contact with TN remains good, But given to the attritional politics in Madras, There will be a lot of apprehension by majority of Lankans, The idea of a actual physical connection does not go down well.. Given even with the sea between the problems Sri Lanka had to deal with

Also one need to realize the kind of island mentality has a certain degree of insularity.. They have enjoyed a certain degree of isolation from the sub continent for millenia.. People do not want to see a change such a social structure.. Or fear of change from overwhelming numbers

It's the Indian side thats making all the noises.. Lankans are not keen.. So they'd be more than happy the ride you mentioned does not happen

Lanka wasnt exacly separated from India for millenia . There has been records that Lanka was once accessible by foot, by wading through hip height water.

Back
Top Bottom