What's new

Nigerian AF chief appreciates Pakistan support

Good Job!

Hope we expand our defence ties.

are they buying JF-17's ?
They're in advanced talks with Pakistan, we should hear something by the end of this year, or the beginning of next. If we don't, the talks are dead.

Do Nigeria has Airforce ?
I believe Nigeria has one of the largest and best trained air forces in Africa.

Nigerian officers do get trained in Pakistan Naval Academy every year. It is better to strengthen ties together fr mutual interests. We can help them in building and training a potent airforce for good performance in its disturbed region

For Indian constipation.

Interesting news, we never heard anything in Pakistani Media.......any specifics to what PAF offered? Like what kind of expendable weapons? Since Nigeria has a pretty basic airforce, just a squadron worth of F-7s...
Their jets are maintained by Pak.. Their pilots,military officers in general are trained by Pakistan... Even their technicians.

Although you will never find any articles abt military exports from Pak (in local papers) but you can find a couple of them in the international media...

A couple of months back Saudi Gazette published news that a ship carrying tanks and APCs to Nigeria was stopped in KSA.. The arms were coming from Pakistan.

Also you can find a few pics of our pilots n crew in Nigeria .. Aswell as Nigerian military officers and special forces training in Pakistan.

They're in advanced talks with Pakistan, we should hear something by the end of this year, or the beginning of next. If we don't, the talks are dead.

I believe Nigeria has one of the largest and best trained air forces in Africa.

lets wait and see :)
hope some good will come out of this for both countries

The strange thing is we have these defence alliances/deals/friendships with many nations

i know for a fact we have sold a bunch of weapons to Nigeria and other african nations but i struggle to find any article, announcement or Pakistani military hoohah

Shouldn't all this be listed as a achievement for us and a point of prestige that so many nations think so highly of our military that we have had so many requests

If the indians even sell a screw they have a whole song and dance and glorify modi

Hi,

There is no reason for the state to talk. Nigeria spoke when it felt the need to.

Screw Indians, we have our own professional and discreet way of supporting friendly nations and not use that for cheap point scoring like the Indians did in recent Nepal earthquake and got humiliated the worldover

The strange thing is we have these defence alliances/deals/friendships with many nations

i know for a fact we have sold a bunch of weapons to Nigeria and other african nations but i struggle to find any article, announcement or Pakistani military hoohah

Shouldn't all this be listed as a achievement for us and a point of prestige that so many nations think so highly of our military that we have had so many requests

If the indians even sell a screw they have a whole song and dance and glorify modi

the title - i was curious why he was appreciating the help. it is not clear what the help was.

i can see the inventory of nigerian air force and see why PAF personnel are training the Nigerians
Try training,networking systems,weapons,APC's,maintainable and capacity building,offering communication systems etc.

One reason could be that Pakistanis stepped in during terrorist clearing operations. Under such circumstances its better not to advertise the assistance because then the terrorists consider you as part of the Govt and may try to target Pakistani Embassy or other soft targets. Just like the tamil tigers tried to attack Pakistani Air Force advisors and Embassy staff in Srilanka. The other reason is that when the operation is over, numerous western backed, Human Right NGO's pop up from left and right and start campaigns of war crimes. Just like in Srilanka, Nigeria also faced a lot of problems in getting weapons and training from western countries. It is in fact after their refusal that they turned to Pakistan or other alternatives. So the lesson here is that the weapons market is just not about the quality of equipment; it is more political and strategic than any other industry.

I guess Nigeria can buy at least a squadron worth of JF-17. They'll find the strike/CAS/CAP capability it brings is miles ahead of the F-7s. And who better than PAF to teach them through.

Back
Top Bottom