What's new

Nidhi Razdan of NDTV being ripped apart by UK MP Barry Gardiner

It is indeed rather surprising that Indian Hindutva Brigade of this forum is giving such a spin to this interview. Nidhi Razdan handled herself very well as compared to the snorty British MP. It was not Nidhi who got flustered, contrarily it was Gardner who got perturbed and rattled up and started hiding behind an accusatory tone and tenor. Nidhi Razdan responded aptly and like a true Indian put him in his place by making the last statement highlighting the spirit of Indian democracy.

The British are doing nothing but playing the game they are good at – preparing for the worst case scenario, if Modi comes to power. And I do sincerely hope that Modi comes to power in India. It is time India needs to go back to its natural state where it consisted of many powerful independent countries before the arrival of Muslims who created a unified India which it never was, not even in the times of Mauriyans.

Why didn't they? You have answers?

Firstly let me clarify one thing-- I am not a Modi fanboy. Although I want to see congress losing next time I don't really know how I feel about Modi as a PM.

But the US visa has absolutely nothing to do with whether Modi is guilty or innocent. It's their policy and I don't know the reason why they have it. As I said before they may change this policy in the future, that also wouldn't make him innocent. Frankly speaking the US would be the last country that would care about a few hundred Muslims getting killed in a religious riot.

Firstly let me clarify one thing-- I am not a Modi fanboy. Although I want to see congress losing next time I don't really know how I feel about Modi as a PM.

But the US visa has absolutely nothing to do with whether Modi is guilty or innocent. It's their policy and I don't know the reason why they have it. As I said before they may change this policy in the future, that also wouldn't make him innocent. Frankly speaking the US would be the last country that would care about a few hundred Muslims getting killed in a religious riot.

Again, do you have answers or no?

You are not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you? You didn't even get the point I was trying to make. For the last time-- "Why is the US visa so important in this case?"

You don't have to beat around the bush. It's a simple enough question- Why, when the whole world and the BJP leaders included get Visas, would Modi not get a Visa? Implied- he is being trated at par with war criminals and serious human rights violators. You have a different explanation?

You don't have to beat around the bush. It's a simple enough question- Why, when the whole world and the BJP leaders included get Visas, would Modi not get a Visa? Implied- he is being trated at par with war criminals and serious human rights violators. You have a different explanation?

Yes and I have already expressed it, which is "the US visa has absolutely nothing to do with whether Modi is guilty or innocent. It's their policy and I don't know the reason why they have it. As I said before they may change this policy in the future, that also wouldn't make him innocent"

You seem to have a lot of inside knowledge of the visa process of the US govt, but unfortunately unlike you I am not privy of such information.

Now that we have clarified that would you please answer my original question? Why is the US visa so important for you? Is it a proof of guilt or innocence of someone?

Modi is the only politician who has been denied a Visa by the US. Hell even I have a US Visa. If they've denied it to him, that's coz they know more and are not interested in having a mass murdered come in to their country.

Son, Do you remember this is the same lady who was told to defend Kongress on NDTV..

Yes and I have already expressed it, which is "the US visa has absolutely nothing to do with whether Modi is guilty or innocent. It's their policy and I don't know the reason why they have it. As I said before they may change this policy in the future, that also wouldn't make him innocent"

You seem to have a lot of inside knowledge of the visa process of the US govt, but unfortunately unlike you I am not privy of such information.

Now that we have clarified that would you please answer my original question? Why is the US visa so important for you? Is it a proof of guilt or innocence of someone?

No their policy is not 'unclear'- they have listed out specific criteria basis which they will reject if they have to. Is modi going there for p*ostituion? No. Is he going there for drug smuggling, narcotics, no. Is he going there for terrorism? No. You can cut these out one by one and the criteria on which he has been rejected is clearly - gross human rights violations and war crimes. Your leader is someone that most of the civilized world has rejected from their soil- including this britain which kept him off until he became a serious PM contenter- and it doesn't matter?
I state again- his visa was rejected because of clinching evidence of his role in the riots that the US- evidence so strong that even when he became such a serious force to reckon with, they are not willing to change it. They aren't bothered about how much he twisted the courts or the systems to prove his 'innocence'.The only thing that's gonna get him that Visa is if he becomes PM- because the convention is that all heads of state are automatically given that previlage.

No their policy is not 'unclear'- they have listed out specific criteria basis which they will reject if they have to. Is modi going there for p*ostituion? No. Is he going there for drug smuggling, narcotics, no. Is he going there for terrorism? No. You can cut these out one by one and the criteria on which he has been rejected is clearly - gross human rights violations and war crimes. Your leader is someone that most of the civilized world has rejected from their soil- including this britain which kept him off until he became a serious PM contenter- and it doesn't matter?

You leader? Do you know me personally or my political affiliation? If not then I would appreciate if you don't try to label me and stick with the topic instead.

I think you yourself stated the point I was trying to make all this while. Just like the UK changed their position, the US may also do so in the future suggesting that their visa policy is not the yardstick to base any judgement. Modi's innocence or guilt will be determined by the Indian judicial system and not a visa to a particular country. The Taliban leaders used to get US visa and presidential treatment in the US when they were fighting the Soviets and the same Taliban is a villain now. That should tell you something.

You leader? Do you know me personally or my political affiliation? If not then I would appreciate if you don't try to label me and stick with the topic instead.

I think you yourself stated the point I was trying to make all this while. Just like the UK changed their position, the US may also do so in the future suggesting that their visa policy is not the yardstick to base any judgement. Modi's innocence or guilt will be determined by the Indian judicial system and not a visa to a particular country. The Taliban leaders used to get US visa and presidential treatment in the US when they were fighting the Soviets and the same Taliban is a villain now. That should tell you something.

No it's not. Their policy is an important yarstick- US 'may change' their position on a document after 10 years of keeping out of their soil and it should be acceptable for a PM candidate? There is NO EVIDENCE that their stand is unreasonable- even you can't [ut a blame on them and say that they are being unreasonable on a possible PM candidate of India- this means that we have an unreasonable person- ie -Narendra Modi who has done things that the civilized world frowns upon.

If that is what you think then I have nothing else to say. Let's just scrap the legal system in India and let all the accused apply for a US visa instead. If the US visa is granted then set them free otherwise put them in the jail. :rolleyes:

You can be facetious about it. There are only two interpretations to this event- either the US is unreasonable or Modi is wrong. If you are not willing to call the US unreasonable and still want to say that Modi is innocent, then you are being hypocritical. Take one line- are you claiming that US is unreasonable and is wrongfully denying Modi his visa?

You can be facetious about it. There are only two interpretations to this event- either the US is unreasonable or Modi is wrong. If you are not willing to call the US unreasonable and still want to say that Modi is innocent, then you are being hypocritical. Take one line- are you claiming that US is unreasonable and is wrongfully denying Modi his visa?

Where did I call him innocent or the US unreasonable? You seem to have a serious comprehension problem. Don't put words in my mount. All I am saying that the US visa policy is not a significant reason to judge anyone. The judicial process is.

I usually quite like Nidhi Razdan

Me too. But she clearly lost it here.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom