What's new

NHA to build 9.7 km long Malakand Tunnel

Never heard about this.May be the upgradation Since a road already existing between Bannu and kabul(Through the Ghulam khan border between miranshah/Khost).

Lowari tunnel isn't completed yet when construction started in 1978, do you believe this new tunnel project will ever become a reality.

I think land at country level are not sold.

Apart from paying the transit fee is to invade this part of land which in my opinion would be much more easier once the coalition forces leave

we get get the corridor on lease, Int law allow such purchases. no problem there. @American Pakistani

Last edited by a moderator:
I think land at country level are not sold.

Apart from paying the transit fee is to invade this part of land which in my opinion would be much more easier once the coalition forces leave

Yrra, Gawadar was purchased from Oman for $3 million and Alaska was sold to the US by Russia.

Lowari tunnel isn't completed yet when construction started in 1978, do you believe this new tunnel project will ever become a reality.

You see that 806 km long stretch of tarmac we affectionately call the KKH? I see it's time for an obligatory visit to http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...n-roads-motorways-highway-infrastructure.html for you.

:D
A true Pakistani..........:lol:

Yeah, Hyderabad, Goa, Sikkim......Oh wait......

On topic:

Guys, stop looking at maps. Why are we so fixated upon the Wakhan Corridor? It makes no sense. 1) We have the KKH running pretty and free into China a few kilometers away from the Tajik border. 2) Tajikistan Kyrgyzstan are already directly connected to the KKH via road and pretty much via rail and pipe too. Don't forget the planned rail line along the KKH. The Chinese have built it, enjoy it. 3) The Hindu Kush along the Wakhan Corridor are running almost latitudinaly, no valleys there to built a road through, just heck loads of mountain passes to climb. You think the KKH was/is a headache? This will be far more, that too without China's help. 4) China is immeasurably a better transit route than Afghanistan, that too an area controlled by the Northern Alliance. 5) Are we willing to dump tonnes of money for a road project that is futile? 6) There's a reason the KKH is called the 8th wonder of the world.

Are the reports accurate and credible? Because these ministers of ours are pretty much morons. If I were to pick a route through Afghanistan to Central Asia I'd enter through the Khyber pass. I'd be seriously surprised if we went the Wakhan Corridor way.
@Leader

In khost Pakistani currency works,100% of them are pashtun and very similar to Pakistan.Khost city is actually at higher altitude.and my Afghan refugees friends used to shift to Khost in summer as it was too hot in Summer in bannu while the weather in khost is similar to abbottabad even in summer
abbottabad has been hijacked by pashtuns :pissed:

You see that 806 km long stretch of tarmac we affectionately call the KKH? I see it's time for an obligatory visit to http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...n-roads-motorways-highway-infrastructure.html for you.

I saw the picture of Lowari Tunnel, its just a whole with no lightening, ventilation or a proper road inside. The Lowari tunnel was too declare with same purpose of connection with Central Asia. So what is the need of new tunnel when old is not completed.

Yeah, Hyderabad, Goa, Sikkim......Oh wait......

Hyderabad and Goa were liberated and Sikkim merged with India by her own wish.

@farhan_9909 @Leader

If Pakistan can purchase a strategic territory of Gawadar then why not Wakhan? Lease is nothing but a threat in long run. Wakhan is very strategic for Pakistan in the long run. And @farhan_9909 the thing is you cannot depend or trust on Afghan govt, do you even believe that if they sign for transit agreement it will be flawless? Obviously many in Afghanistan are friends of Pakistan's arch rival hostile country to the east & can deny that route whenever they want to. Purchasing that strategic Wakhan will make Pakistan very less dependent on Afghanistan & strong possibility will be all Central Asian Istans will start using Gawadar Port(which they are hesitating to use because they have to pass through lawless Afghan territory). I won't mind even if GoP pays 5 billion US$ for that territory.

@Aeronaut @krash @shan @HRK etc

No need to purchase, Pakistan can pay transit fees after all only tiny part of the road will be in Afghanistan. But in return KPK government should collect transit taxes from Afghan government and use it to develop KPK. I think PTI is thinking about it.

Alaska Purchase
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The US$ 7.2 million check used to pay for Alaska ($116 million in 2012 dollars)
The Alaska Purchase was the acquisition of Russian America by the United States from the Russian Empire in the year 1867 by a treaty ratified by the U.S. Senate.
Russia, fearing a war with Britain that would allow the British to seize Alaska, wanted to sell. Russia's major role had been getting Native Alaskans to hunt for furs, and missionary work to convert them to Christianity. The United States added 586,412 square miles (1,518,800 km2) of new territory. Reactions to the purchase in the United States were mixed, with opponents calling it "Seward's Folly", feeling that U.S. Secretary of State William H. Seward, the primary American negotiator, got the worst of the bargain.
Originally organized as the Department of Alaska, the area was successively the District of Alaska and the Alaska Territory before becoming the modern state of Alaska upon being admitted to the Union as a state in 1959.
well i guess land purchase is one of the options but how successful we can be at it is a whole different ball game...

Purchasing will also reduce Pakistan's hostile border length & several business opportunities for people of KPK & G&B will be formed.

I saw the picture of Lowari Tunnel, its just a whole with no lightening, ventilation or a proper road inside. The Lowari tunnel was too declare with same purpose of connection with Central Asia. So what is the need of new tunnel when old is not completed.

That little tunnel is only for access from in and out of the Chitral valley. Central Asia, Russia and Europe are a bit out of its reach. You can't really reach Z from A by building a tunnel from A to B while there is absolutely nothing anywhere from B to C to D to E to.....you get the picture.

Sure they were.

:woot::woot::cuckoo::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You have seen the picture or Asif Ali Zardari had invited you there?

Anyway, share the picture you have seen.... or keep out.

@farhan_9909 @Leader

If Pakistan can purchase a strategic territory of Gawadar then why not Wakhan?
Lease is nothing but a threat in long run. Wakhan is very strategic for Pakistan in the long run. And @farhan_9909 the thing is you cannot depend or trust on Afghan govt, do you even believe that if they sign for transit agreement it will be flawless? Obviously many in Afghanistan are friends of Pakistan's arch rival hostile country to the east & can deny that route whenever they want to. Purchasing that strategic Wakhan will make Pakistan very less dependent on Afghanistan & strong possibility will be all Central Asian Istans will start using Gawadar Port(which they are hesitating to use because they have to pass through lawless Afghan territory). I won't mind even if GoP pays 5 billion US$ for that territory.

@Aeronaut @krash @shan @HRK etc

Check the map... forget the history,the people living in gwadar.

Back
Top Bottom