What's new

Next plan of warship of Japan maritime self-defense force

Tomahawk can be used for ASuW, no?
RGM/UGM-109B Tomahawk Anti Ship Missile (TASM) – active radar homing anti-ship missile variant; withdrawn from service in the 1990s.

In 2014, Raytheon began testing Block IV improvements to attack sea and moving land targets. The new passive radar seeker will passively pick up the electromagnetic radar signature of a target and follow it, and actively send out a signal to bounce off potential targets before impact to discriminate its legitimacy before impact. Mounting the multi-mode sensor on the missile's nose would remove fuel space, but company officials believe the Navy would be willing to give up space for the sensor's new technologies. The new seeker could make the Tomahawk a candidate for the U.S. Navy's Offensive Anti-Surface Warfare (OASuW) Increment II requirement. The previous Tomahawk Anti-Ship Missile, retired over a decade ago, was equipped with inertial guidance and the seeker of the Harpoon (missile) and there was concern with its ability to clearly discriminate between targets from a long distance, which would be more reliable with the new seeker's passive detection and active millimeter-wave radar; the Tomahawk would likely compete against a version of the Lockheed Martin Long Range Anti-Ship Missile for ship-launched needs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomahawk_(missile)

004640a804il66n8lk5p90.jpg.thumb.jpg

firgate

@Nihonjin1051
This is a 4,000 ton Frigate ? or 2,000ton Corvette ? Where the VLS units on it ?

integrated mast obviously,but nothing I know more
I can see a mast. The mast is too far forward (relative to the traditional position of the engine room with traditional i.e. non-electric propulsion, to be used for venting exhaust. I cannot see a stack. Which leads me to wonder if what the exhaust solution is (compare e.g. Meko A200 in service with South Africa, which venst hot exhaust into the wake of the ship)

codag_warp_s.jpg

I can see a mast. The mast is too far forward (relative to the traditional position of the engine room with traditional i.e. non-electric propulsion, to be used for venting exhaust. I cannot see a stack. Which leads me to wonder if what the exhaust solution is (compare e.g. Meko A200 in service with South Africa, which venst hot exhaust into the wake of the ship)

codag_warp_s.jpg
American has developed tech about Low detectable Multifunctional Stack(LMS),maybe japan will import the tech with engine,or Japanese just forget to draw a stack
and i need to say, that‘s just a pic show on ppt
139372514935551432226_002.jpg

this is the earlier version of DEX

compare tp MEKO series
081456ijzailyxtw0yjylj.jpg.thumb.jpg

081451asm9457ndkhiz54z.jpg.thumb.jpg

081454gktt1jxopjpukxc3.jpg.thumb.jpg

081450o0tt6pisnph6itni.jpg.thumb.jpg

Low. Observable Multi-Function Stack (LMS) is still a stack and recognizable as such. You can tell on the Meko X and D/D500/D600 that the stack is in the traditional position and complemented by a dedicated sensor mast forward. That DEX pic has 2 small stacks on port and starboard forward edge of the hangar structure and a classic sensor mast forward near the bridge.

Only with ELECTRIC propulsion is it possible that the machine room is not in the traditional position. See e.g. poded propulsion on Meko X
picIndex031.jpg

Siemens-Launches-Diesel-Electric-Propulsion-System-for-OSV-in-US-Market-.jpg

mekoxsideviewes2.jpg

Meko A200 SAN (Valour class): has non-electric propulsion and innovative exhaust set up.

codag_warp.jpg
1232632317677.jpg

1700511.jpg

f-148_sas_mendi_06_dvdb08.JPG

f-148_sas_mendi_03_dvdb08.JPG

Back
Top Bottom