What's new

Next defence budget may touch $ 7.5 Billion.

About 40 billion (nominal terms) maybe greater in PPP terms

How much percent did Indian armed forces budget increased if we compare it to last year budget. Pakistans has 1.5% increase.

How much percent did Indian armed forces budget increased if we compare it to last year budget. Pakistans has 1.5% increase.
dunno about that but mostly both Pakistan and India's respective budgets are 2.5-3 percent of their GDP.

From where you got these numbers.. your gdp is well below 240 billion last year as Pak rupees depreciation is hreater than your gdp growth.. that is this 7.5 billion is mote than 3 per.. struggling economy and liw per capital, this more than 3 percentage is very very bad.. you must need a surplus per capitals!( like saudi or usa) for a high def budget percentage.. 305 billion in 2015 its impossible... will be 260 billion maximum..

Our GDP was $260 billion last year, it will increase to 292 billion by June. Pak gdp in rupees 26.4 trillion, should be 29 trillion by june. We are looking at near $300 billion by year end depending on rupee value, can be $290 billion in worst case scenario.

dunno about that but mostly both Pakistan and India's respective budgets are 2.5-3 percent of their GDP.

For India it was 36 billions $ earlier and now you are saying it is 40 billion dollars. Whereas Pakistan has moved from 6 to 7.5.
I am not happy with Indian Defence Budget it should have been 45 billion dollars.

For India it was 36 billions $ earlier and now you are saying it is 40 billion dollars. Whereas Pakistan has moved from 6 to 7.5.
I am not happy with Indian Defence Budget it should have been 45 billion dollars.
I said "About" 40 bill. your budget for 2013 was 37.4 billion.

I have been reading the post above where lot of you are discussing GDP % for defence budget !! Just wondering if any of the people here student of Finance/Economics?? or you all really understand What is the difference between GDP and Budgets.
Let me explain to u all.
PAKISTAN total revenue is 2.1 trillion rupees that is all after Taxes(collection % is 7-9%) of total revenue generated in the country.
So in simple terms now that's all the money Govt now has to run the country.
Every year this is how the allocation is done and will continue if no serious challenge is posted to the army.
Rupees 740 billion taken by the Armed forces from 2.0 trillion,(THATS 40%)
so how much is left 1.26 trillion.
Govt of Punjab takes away another 625 billion,,
Govt of sind takes another 400 billion
Govt of KPK takes another 300billion,, so now you see there is no money left for anyone.

Ever wonder from where the govt gets money to provide for Azad Kasmir and Boluchistan and to run its offices(Just remember that Federal govt own budget is in access of 160 billion YES no kidding)..
So all of you now know why we have Foreign Debt of 70 billion USD.(Borrowings)
and don't forget about the Domestic Debt also from local banks The last time I checked it was in access of 6=8 trillion rupees.
so do u think we should continue to raise the defense Budget???? year after year.....

^^^

Agreed, tax collection is major problem. Ganjas are on track to double tax collection 3 years.

From where you got these numbers.. your gdp is well below 240 billion last year as Pak rupees depreciation is hreater than your gdp growth.. that is this 7.5 billion is mote than 3 per.. struggling economy and liw per capital, this more than 3 percentage is very very bad.. you must need a surplus per capitals!( like saudi or usa) for a high def budget percentage.. 305 billion in 2015 its impossible... will be 260 billion maximum..

The recent estimate for 2013 was 255-260 billion USD nominal. You can check on IMF world economic database.
But please, don't be stupid.

The recent estimate for 2013 was 255-260 billion USD nominal. You can check on IMF world economic database.
But please, don't be stupid.
accoding to world bank pak's gdp 2012 is 225 billion.. pls check the site.. next yr 2013 your gdp growth is bellow 4 percentage but pak rupee depreciation cause a decrease in your nominal gdp(indian nom gdp also decreased by 100 billion due to indian rupee fall) .. so your gdp 260 billion is how possible??

accoding to world bank pak's gdp 2012 is 225 billion.. pls check the site.. next yr 2013 your gdp growth is bellow 4 percentage but pak rupee depreciation cause a decrease in your nominal gdp(indian nom gdp also decreased by 100 billion due to indian rupee fall) .. so your gdp 260 billion is how possible??

Like i said, check it on the IMF website. I cannot post the direct link here because it asks you for specifics and then compiles it in an excel file. Go there. Use Google. Above all, use your brain.

Stop parroting the usual non-sense.

Like i said, check it on the IMF website. I cannot post the direct link here because it asks you for specifics and then compiles it in an excel file. Go there. Use Google. Above all, use your brain.

Stop parroting the usual non-sense.
why you are offending me bro??? you can check the datas from many sites..

in world bank website pak nominal gdp= 225.1 billion usd(2012 revised)
IMF gdp datas are given in world economic outlook data.. please check that site= 210.57billion dollars(2011)..
please check the un data website also.. in above three world bank always quotes higher...

you can check wiki list of countries nominal gdp..

i'm using mobile.. so I can't post links.. but if you have again doubts I will defenitely give you 10 diff links...

so according to WORLD BANK pak gdp in 3012 is only 225 billion..( why you are not checking that) ... 4 percentage growth means less than 10 billion increase.. okkk.. for becoming 260 billion your growth must be in double digit..
don't stick on some forecast datas.. why such ego?? just visit world bank site.. I am 100% sure I am right...

why you using " use brain" type statements?? i'm just relying the datas from sites..

NB: wiki economy of pak data (277 billion) is wrong.. because the given link for that is bs and it only says now
may be 240 billion...

why you are offending me bro??? you can check the datas from many sites..

in world bank website pak nominal gdp= 225.1 billion usd(2012 revised)
IMF gdp datas are given in world economic outlook data.. please check that site= 210.57billion dollars(2011)..
please check the un data website also.. in above three world bank always quotes higher...

you can check wiki list of countries nominal gdp..

i'm using mobile.. so I can't post links.. but if you have again doubts I will defenitely give you 10 diff links...

so according to WORLD BANK pak gdp in 3012 is only 225 billion..( why you are not checking that) ... 4 percentage growth means less than 10 billion increase.. okkk.. for becoming 260 billion your growth must be in double digit..
don't stick on some forecast datas.. why such ego?? just visit world bank site.. I am 100% sure I am right...

why you using " use brain" type statements?? i'm just relying the datas from sites..

NB: wiki economy of pak data (277 billion) is wrong.. because the given link for that is bs and it only says now
may be 240 billion...

No where did i quote wiki as a source.

Back
Top Bottom