What's new

News for Mirage-2000 upgrade

Mirage-2000 upgrade will definitely lower the gap between it and Rafale. Given this, I think IAF will be more tempted to opt for other fighter jets in the competition.

Looking at it from another Angle - Rafale meets all the requirements of the MMRCA competition and Its better if the M 2000 comes to that level... More the commonality the better..:cheers:

IAF Loves the M 2000 Birds and they are gonna get COZY with the Rafale more easily compared to TYPHOON and F/A-18... The others 3 have no chance anyway.

BTW - I don't think we set out for MMRCA looking for the BEST Fighter available.

loking from yet another angle...this might be a plan to keep french happy and ok tata from the mrca deal...

all of the posts are just speculations...but i prefer my version...( EFT is my faorite;) )

loking from yet another angle...this might be a plan to keep french happy and ok tata from the mrca deal...

all of the posts are just speculations...but i prefer my version...( EFT is my faorite;) )

I know .. That is what we do here on forums.. Speculate and kill time :agree:

I do not mind the Typhoon but I want some fast food, in no mood for fine dining. :cheers:

Rafale or F/A-18 will do for me. Well IMO even SAAB would do just fine. In no Mood to pay a bucket full of money and stay hungry awaiting my food.

Now I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rafale wins now. And We aren't getting more than 126 MMRCA now.

Looking at it from another Angle - Rafale meets all the requirements of the MMRCA competition and Its better if the M 2000 comes to that level... More the commonality the better..:cheers:

IAF Loves the M 2000 Birds and they are gonna get COZY with the Rafale more easily compared to TYPHOON and F/A-18... The others 3 have no chance anyway.

BTW - I don't think we set out for MMRCA looking for the BEST Fighter available.

Exactly, if the upgrade is done, it's another plus point for the Rafale because of commonality!

Chance for Rafael or F-18 only... but my fav is EFT!!!

though the deal is not worth much... for this we bought new SABB will do the Trick for more that the life of Mirage 2000

India & France to finalise upgrade of Mirage jets in Rs 10,000 cr project

India and France are now finally close to inking the around Rs 10,000 crore project to upgrade the Mirage-2000 fighter jets in the IAF combat fleet after protracted negotiations.

The first four to six IAF Mirages will be upgraded in France, while the rest 50 will equipped with new avionics, weapon and sensor suites to enhance their combat edge by Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd in India under transfer of technology in the project.

"It (the project finalisation) should happen shortly,'' IAF chief Air Chief Marshal P V Naik told TOI on Monday. This will be the second such big programme with the upgrade of 63 MiG-29s already underway under a $964 million contract inked with Russia in March 2008.

ASIAN DEFENCE: India, France to finalise upgrade of Mirage jets in Rs 10,000 cr project

India, France to sign Mirage upgrade deal

India is set to sign a $2.2-billion deal with France to upgrade its fleet of Mirage 2000 fighters ahead of an expected visit by President Nicolas Sarkozy later this year.

The upgrade deal, which had been hanging fire for the past two years due to differences over the price, is likely to be concluded shortly after final negotiations, top Defence Ministry sources said.

The upgrade, which will give the aircraft new radar systems, a new weapon suite, missiles, electronic warfare system and modern electronic warfare, is crucial for the India Air Force as it would also give its most potent fighter an extension in service life. The deal will upgrade 51of the fighters in the IAF’s inventory which proved their mettle during the Kargil war by delivering precision-guided bombs.

Air Chief Marshal P V Naik has said that a team will shortly be arriving from Paris to carry out the commercial negotiations. However, top Defence ministry sources said that the deal will finally be inked to coincide with Sarkozy’s visit, dates for which are still to be finalised.

The deal had been stuck for the past two years primarily due to differences of the price being offered by French manufacturers Dassault and Thales. After going through the requirements of the IAF, which included new radars for the fighter, France had initially quoted a price close to $3 billion for the upgrade. This was coming to about $58 million per aircraft, which, the IAF argued, was almost the price of a brand new fighter jet.

In the revised deal, the cost per aircraft is coming to $43 million, which, according to experts, is still high. The government, however, has decided to ink the deal, given that the upgrade is crucial for the IAF which is battling with an ageing fleet of Russian origin MiG aircraft.

The deal will also strengthen Indo-French military ties, given the recent bad blood over the cancellation of the $2-billion mid-air tanker deal in which the European Airbus 330 MRTT had been shortlisted. This was preceded by the cancellation of the $600 million deal to procure 197 light helicopters for the Army for which a European consortium’s copter had been chosen.

France is also keen that India approve the Maitri air-to-surface Low-Level Quick Reaction Missile (LLQRM), which has been jointly developed by the DRDO and France’s MBDA.

While the missile’s final design has been locked up and a MoU has also been signed between DRDO and MBDA, the government is still to give a final go ahead for the joint project.

i think Indians r just wasting public money.
west is trying to defeat china though India,
if Indians will use this money for its people.than that will be great

or 1 su-30 mki

Sorry dear new su-30mki come at $55-60M and it is not include weapon package. which will come with this deal. remember ASRAAM cost around($1.5M), MICA-IR costs ($2M) A2G weapon etc.....

Back
Top Bottom