What's new

News Flash: JFT carries out a successful WS-13 Flight test.

There are 2 things we need to be aware of.Flight testing is good as it shows that the engine has passed certain stages of testing.We had heard of runway tests a month a go so it was just a matter of time.However, we need to understand that between first flight test and even SBP there will be a lot of time elapsed.You just cant risk a new project like JFT on a new and untested engine.You may still be looking at 3-5 yrs before we integrate WS13 with JFT.
Now it does bring a huge bargaining chip into the fore.We need a higher thrust engine. Could this lead to the russkies putting forward the RD93B with increased thrust.We could bargain the price down to reasonable levels.This would still be a good proposition in the interim.I would not put the russian option down just yet.

We need to wait , though i am digging into it but again everything remains under wraps until its done - a SinoPak way of doing thing:D

i got hold of it,,
its done...

i am not sure if the oic you posted is actually what we are talking about but the report is a confirmed one..:pakistan: :china:

just talked to my friend currently stationed at PAF Sargodha and he confirm it,,, :yahoo:
although i a Sino-Pakistan way ;)

regards!

to me, its the news of melinum . . . . . . . .

long live china . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :china::china::china:

long live china & Pakistan friendship . . .. . .:china::cheers::pakistan:

congratulation to all Chinese brothers also. . .. . .. . . .. .

its a real leap in term of technology . . . .. . . . .

i got hold of it,,
its done...

I am not sure if the oic you posted is actually what we are talking about but the report is a confirmed one..:pakistan: :china:

just talked to my friend currently stationed at PAF Sargodha and he confirm it,,, :yahoo:

regards!

I always love your post you really come up with +iv notes.

Its really a milestone which achieved specially at the time when everyone is jumping with Indian's to hold the RD93 from Rassia. Good work our best tested friend...:china: We really Proud to be your friends.:pakistan:.............

Now it does bring a huge bargaining chip into the fore.We need a higher thrust engine. Could this lead to the russkies putting forward the RD93B with increased thrust.We could bargain the price down to reasonable levels.This would still be a good proposition in the interim.I would not put the russian option down just yet.

Wah kaya baat ki hai. I love it :bounce::bounce:
:pakistan:

@ Imran , Araz , Taimikhan:

Gentlemen: I am not denouncing the role of RD-93D in JFT's development - my point is that after all of that Twin faced drama that we faced it is good to walk our own way rather than Sticking to a less feasible option.

I would Like to see Russia Pakistan defense ties and PAF flying Su-35BM's but at the end of the day its not the case - what matters is that if it wouldn't have been Rd-93D then it would have been some other engine in its place.

Apart from all of that i would just prefer to enjoy the fact that WS-13 is another step towards self reliance.

Regards:

i got hold of it,,
its done...

i am not sure if the oic you posted is actually what we are talking about but the report is a confirmed one..:pakistan: :china:

regards!

Sounds good - did you get any details - if so PM me that i can update it;):china::pakistan:

i think it's a gud move to test the Chinese engine...FINALLY I think there is some development that I think can be considered somewhat up to the standards required to counter Indian moves...so congrats. Though I agree with the russian friend that flight testing automatically doesn't mean a production ready engine, I'll be the gud guy, still suspend any lingering doubts and say...Ok let's wait and watch.

HOWEVER. There's been a question I have been trying to resolve....how is it that you have a bigger, heavier plane with more fuel on board and a somewhat smaller powered engine and say that the engine thrust is sufficient when a smaller, lighter plane called LCA with lower range thinks it ain't up to the mark until there's some 90Kn maximum thrust- somewhat higher than what the JF 17?

Please stick to tech details...for me there should be some 'trade off' n I wanna understand where it is.

i think it's a gud move to test the Chinese engine...FINALLY I think there is some development that I think can be considered somewhat up to the standards required to counter Indian moves...so congrats. Though I agree with the russian friend that flight testing automatically doesn't mean a production ready engine, I'll be the gud guy, still suspend any lingering doubts and say...Ok let's wait and watch.

HOWEVER. There's been a question I have been trying to resolve....how is it that you have a bigger, heavier plane with more fuel on board and a somewhat smaller powered engine and say that the engine thrust is sufficient when a smaller, lighter plane called LCA with lower range thinks it ain't up to the mark until there's some 90Kn maximum thrust- somewhat higher than what the JF 17?

Please stick to tech details...for me there should be some 'trade off' n I wanna understand where it is.

Lets take this question to JF-17 vs LCA thread !

Just because the WS-13 was flight tested doesn't mean it will enter production any time soon. There are certain engines that took decades to develope.

Don't underestimate China and Pakistan, we can produce a fine poetry with rotten pen. :china::pakistan:

Our Russian friend has a good point, although he may have exaggerated a little. It generally takes 15-20 years for a turbofan engine to mature. Rigorous testing is a absolute must. Engine reliability is the key to a fighter's safety, especially a single engine fighter. Otherwise, if the engine goes so goes the aircraft.

At this(reported) stage, I agree to the 2-3 years time frame rather than 3-5 years posted by Araz.
I think if we have JFT's flying already with WS-13 than it means it has completed bench testing and simulations successfully, now is time for flying.
If no problems faced.... than engine can be cleared for production in as short as one year.
I believe their will be many examples of prototypes already present and all prototypes and can be counted/converted as SBP.

Congratulation to our neig. Is it have more thrust than russian one.

At this(reported) stage, I agree to the 2-3 years time frame rather than 3-5 years posted by Araz.
I think if we have JFT's flying already with WS-13 than it means it has completed bench testing and simulations successfully, now is time for flying.
If no problems faced.... than engine can be cleared for production in as short as one year.
I believe their will be many examples of prototypes already present and all prototypes and can be counted/converted as SBP.

I think Araz is correct, 2-3 years is not a sufficient time to get all the bugs in order. Rather the engine would be tested on its whole life span....lets say engine has 3000 hours, some bugs will occur in the start but some may occur at the end of service life and what more, some may occur eventually. So IMHO, WS-13 should be given ample time (as we are not desperate with Russian engines) so that the manufacturer may fine tune it for greater reliability...

Back
Top Bottom