What's new

News Flash: JFT carries out a successful WS-13 Flight test.

I believe once the programme reach to the point that lfight testings are being made than only unforseen errors can delay its production beyond 3 years.
I think any one who produce engine today will not be inventing wheel from begining all testing parameters are described in books.
Therefore, i expected ground testing to be quite comprehensive and systematic.

I always love your post you really come up with +iv notes.

Its really a milestone which achieved specially at the time when everyone is jumping with Indian's to hold the RD93 from Rassia. Good work our best tested friend...:china: We really Proud to be your friends.:pakistan:.............

thank you!
:cheers:

i just wanted to clear one point that the RD-93 were never blockedit was just the same old Indian propagande campaign...

regards!

@ Imran , Araz , Taimikhan:

Gentlemen: I am not denouncing the role of RD-93D in JFT's development - my point is that after all of that Twin faced drama that we faced it is good to walk our own way rather than Sticking to a less feasible option.

also dont forget the Smoke generation of RD-93.

I would Like to see Russia Pakistan defense ties and PAF flying Su-35BM's but at the end of the day its not the case - what matters is that if it wouldn't have been Rd-93D then it would have been some other engine in its place.
well if we want to get on good friendly terms with russians it is the high time to do it...
with the MMRCA,
Indian defence hardware procurements underway, the US-Afghan war ;)
all we need is a good mind and that fitted in head of a politician.(though difficult in pakistan but still plausable)

Apart from all of that i would just prefer to enjoy the fact that WS-13 is another step towards self reliance.
thats the point...

regards!

^^WS-13 will require 2-3 years of flight and static testing before serial production can start. its a move in the +ve direction but hold on to your hats.

nice analysis sir.
it no time to party.
we may see the RD-93 uptill Block II and that perhaps points in direction of no major upgrades till Block III.
we have already discussed a number of time the PAF may well stick to basics till Block III

regards!

Sri, BATMAN
&
arsalanaslam123

WS-13 engine, are we (China + Pakistan) working on it or this is purely Chines production and Pak will be buyer ?

Sri, BATMAN
&
arsalanaslam123

WS-13 engine, are we (China + Pakistan) working on it or this is purely Chines production and Pak will be buyer ?

WS-13 is purely Chinese initiative, Pakistan has nothing to do with it.

We will be just the buyers, can't say about later on, but for now, we are the buyers.

Sri, BATMAN
&
arsalanaslam123

bro it is a pure Chines venture. we have o part in its development.

and to say the truth, i dont see PAF investing in its ToT to extent to made them in house. we may get enough in sight for over hauls and maintainance at PAF facility at PAC but no full scale production.

regards!

Last edited:
China began development of the Taishan in 2000 to replace the Klimov RD-93 turbofan, which had been selected in the 1990s to power the JF-17 / FC-1 light-weight fighter. It is designed to have a life span of 2,200 hours and an improved version, providing around 100 kN (22,450 lb) of thrust with afterburner, is under development.[1]

The WS-13 Taishan was certified in 2007 and serial production began in 2009.[citation needed] The 2010 March 18 edition of the HKB report stated that a FC-1 equipped with the WS-13 completed its first successful runway taxi test.[2]

Officials at the Farnborough International Airshow in August 2010 stated that a JF-17 development aircraft is flying with a Chinese engine, which is most likely to be the WS-13.
TianShan.jpg

General characteristics
Type: Afterburning turbofan
Length: 4.14 m
Diameter: 1.02 m
Dry weight:
Components
Compressor: Two-spool axial
Performance
Maximum thrust: 51.2 kN dry; 86.37 kN with afterburner
Turbine inlet temperature: 1650 K
Thrust-to-weight ratio: 7.8

now the point to pnder is that there are arguably two engines designated WS-13
one is the :
WS-13 with 87kN Thrust
and the second one is termed:
Upgraded WS-13 with 100kN thrust.

the one JFT is carrying trails is most probably the upgradrd one.

regards!

Just because the WS-13 was flight tested doesn't mean it will enter production any time soon. There are certain engines that took decades to develope.

That decades of development is finally coming to end.

If you haven't noticed, it was in development for very long, and in most cases it might be just a copy of RD-33.

and you know very well how good Chinese are with reverse engineering, as PAF received the MIG 19/21s in form of Chinese versions.....which to this date are performing.

now the point to pnder is that there are arguably two engines designated WS-13
one is the :
WS-13 with 87kN Thrust
and the second one is termed:
Upgraded WS-13 with 100kN thrust.

the one JFT is carrying trails is most probably the upgradrd one.

regards!

If it is the upgraded one then it solves two problems:-

1-Russian-India lobby
and
2-Higher thrust for higher speed.

I wonder what the Russians would be thinking, because once the WS-13 becomes available their MIG 29 is going down the drain.

If it is the upgraded one then it solves two problems:-

1-Russian-India lobby
and
2-Higher thrust for higher speed.

correction:
higher thrust for more pay load rather then high speed...:pakistan:

regards!

Sounds good - did you get any details - if so PM me that i can update it;):china::pakistan:

i guess my frind is not willing to speak anything more about it..:rolleyes:

you know, the same old PAF way..:lol:

regards!

Is there any possibility that we home produce WS-13 with TOT

100% manufacturing in Pakistan & also improvement through research and development

:china::pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

Is there any possibility that we home produce WS-13 with TOT

100% manufacturing in Pakistan & also improvement through research and development

:china::pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

already discussed on previous pages.
i would suggest you go through previous post for details.
however the summary on my part is that i dont see this happening.

PAC may seek enough know how to over haul and maintainance of these engines but complete production facility...not happening!!

regards!

Back
Top Bottom