What's new

News Flash ! Firing Takes Place on LAC

How many friggin mines did they bury? Geez...
Is Indian mine detection capabilities really that weak? If these are just land anti-personnel mines, then I can't wait to see how they handle naval mines.

The standoff that happened in early 2000s on Indo-Pak Border same thing they kept blowing themselves up. This shows you the poor strategy they have they don't even know where they buried their own mines.
Defensive posture, to halt possible advance of the enemy troops to buy some time to re group.

Is Indian mine detection capabilities really that weak? If these are just land anti-personnel mines, then I can't wait to see how they handle naval mines.
It is quite possible that the soldier died while placing the mine rather than stepping on it.There was no need to install landmines before Galwan happened.

It is quite possible that the soldier died while placing the mine rather than stepping on it.There was no need to install landmines before Galwan happened.
If the Indians decide to install landmines, then this is a huge escalation. If a Chinese soldier stepped on an Indian land mine, the Chinese could very easily use this as a casus belli for a full out war against India. Because the LAC is extremely poorly defined in many areas, the Chinese could claim the Indians are illegally placing mines on their own territory and thus is an act of war.

If the Indians decide to install landmines, then this is a huge escalation. If a Chinese soldier stepped on an Indian land mine, the Chinese could very easily use this as a casus belli for a full out war against India. Because the LAC is extremely poorly defined in many areas, the Chinese could claim the Indians are illegally placing mines on their own territory and thus is an act of war.
Well, Indians aren't expecting Chinese crossing the border without an all out war. The landmines, as I understand, are being installed well inside the disputed area. That's why, Indians are getting killed for now, not Chinese.

So after the war is declared,, it doesn't make a difference whether the opponent dies or lives on. However, landmines buys the defending side some time needed to regroup, or to avoid heavy casualties while retreating.

Well, Indians aren't expecting Chinese crossing the border without an all out war. So after the war is declared, The landmines, as I understand, are being installed well inside the disputed area. That's why, Indians are getting killed for now, not Chinese.

During a war, it doesn't make a difference whether the opponent dies or lives on. However, landmines buys the defending side some time needed to regroup, or to avoid heavy casualties while retreating.
This is just a bad idea IMHO. The Chinese can lay dozens of mines for every Indian mine laid ... does India not want its 1000 square kilometers of territory back? Because if the Chinese are going to lay a bunch of mines on the occupied territory, then India has no hope of ever getting it back without many soldiers getting blown into smithereens. After all, if you cannot even properly place mines (which is the easy part), how in the world are you going to detect and then remove them?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom