What's new

New world map. New York Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
When countries born with agreement among all parties and with peace, they are good for the whole region (Ex: CAR)

When countries are born under coercion and without considerable support of the majority, they are bad for the whole region (Ex. India and Pak). Any independent Baluchistan or Pashunistan are unlikely to come without considerable violence, and this is bad for the whole region including India.

Let there be no more partitions in the sub-continent. National identities have been already formed and are strong

To be honest , irrespective of who has prepared this map it is quite BS if you look at it .

The only country with serious chances of getting split is Nigeria between the Muslim North and Christian South on the lines of Sudan .

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3447645 said:
how do you know its not bullshitt? have you worked in their or have any connections?, only pathans are the one having greater participation in army in respect to their population, but punjabis dominate in armed forces, others like sindhis(second major ethnic after punjab), etc arnt even visible

it doesnt matter if you are kashmiri since your parents have been living in punjab and you were born in punjab, so what counts is your birth location and you can also speak punjabi

even in politics you need to make punjab domicile in order to be recognised, for example, marvi memon made punjab domicile in order to get into politics

i know its a bitter truth but you need to digest it, because thats the reality not fantasy

First off ! Yes I'm proud to call myself a Punjabi because of the kind of love me and my family got here but that doesn't change the fact that I'm an ethnic Kashmiri and conspicuously so ! My Punjabi is of the calibre that would make Baba Bulleh Shah turn in his grave with agony.

The reason why Punjabis numerically dominate the armed forces is that because we're something like 50% of the country !

P.S My cousins in AJK have been in the armed forces and some of them have attained good positions ! My Grandpa served in the British Indian Army then in the Pakistan Army; his son served in the armored corp and served during '71 - It doesn't get more Kashmiri then them !

P.P.S By some estimates I've come across something like 30% of Punjab's population are non-ethnic Punjabis which means there are as much as 30 million non-ethnic Punjabis in Punjab ! If we were racist like you imply we were I'd be out on my arse and back to Indian Occupied Kashmir along with the rest of my kinsmen and the same would be the case with most non-ethnic Punjabis here !

P.P.P.S Why do the Pathans have a greater representation in the army with respect to their population ? Why do the Kashmiris ? If we were racist why would we give a wooden nickle about them and not the others ?

P.P.P.P.S If you want to continue with this we'd talk about this someplace else but lets not spoil the thread as it is !

Naxals anyone? Maybe Nagas and Assamese..............Let's not make this thread a shyte hurling contest.

One would expect a think-tank to know that Naxalites are not a separatist group but a band of violent communists.

This is racist beyond measure, i live amongst pushtuns and balochs - in my eyes theyre no different from ordinary Pakistanis. The only possible way to serparate us is an overt military offensive from India, and we all know if aunty had balls...

Stupid idiots think Pashtunistan will become an independent state.

No one demands Pashtunistan. Whats this nonsense!

Most Balochis want to stay Pakistan.

Pakistan is not going to break up. I wonder why westerners keep harping about this.

Afghanistan is not going break up either.

Pakistan and Afghanistan may become one country in the near future. The breaking up of Pakistan is merely propaganda.

Afghan breaking up will be in our best interest, constant in fighting amongst the barbaric tribes would prevent any coordinated attacks to Pakistan.
Also, now that urbanisation and migration is happening at large rates, and most of us have grown up amongst each other, Pakistani identity is pretty strong - we no longer need the ummah card to stay together and pretty soon a large enough population will be intermarried to have a 'Pakistani' race. Maybe some might not agree, but my grandparents are all from different places

Parag Khanna is a westerner's boot licker. What makes him think Pakistan is going to break up?

Where's his proof? The Pakistan state is not that weak. The army will take over if necessary. Parag Khanna is so ignorant of realities.

They just Pakistan to break up, so the Islamic world and China is contained.

Let the westerners dream on, besides Pakistan does not have that much sectaranism.

Pakistan is a Sunni Muslim majority country and eveyone knows that. Shias aren't that much.

At maximum only 5%. the 20% "estimate figure on wikipedia or other places on the net are just lies.

Shias only make at maximum 5% of Pakistan's population or even less.

but theyre organised, armed and co-ordinated. ever notice how all processions happen at different times? the same shias attend each one to show their strenght. Also, ever noticed that they dont even need the police, they work like professionally trained vigilantes guarding their people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom