What's new

New wave of well-off Pakistani women drawn to conservative Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will they do when they are taught at school to think through Islam? Or refer to Quran when in doubt. Although I agree its their personal choice. But I hope they would treat someone who wants to wear a bikini the same way, 'as her personal choice'.

What I never understood was why they never invented a burqa or hijab or sati or ghunghat or parda for men?

Why should girls have all the fun?

What will they do when they are taught at school to think through Islam? Or refer to Quran when in doubt. Although I agree its their personal choice. But I hope they would treat someone who wants to wear a bikini the same way, 'as her personal choice'.

do you know veils are prescribed for men also in islam? no more western dresses..wear shalwar kameez,grow beard and fully veiled and refer mullahs before eating or bathing. that is 110% islamified country. heck, even mullahs will fight and guns will roar if some "interpretations" are disputed. still you want? also, arabic language will replace urdu/punjabi whatever language spoken in pakistan.

if 110% sharia is also enforced, it will be merrier. right? :)
Ann+Friday,+April+23,+2010+picture+Lies+Hebbadj+his+wife+who+refused+to+be+identified,+speak+reporters+Nantes,+western+France.+She+fined+for+driving+car+with+veil+covering+all+but+her+eyes.+husband+is+suspected+of+polygamy.jpg

They arent forcing or convincing ur women to wear modestly or stop wearing revealing clothes right?... they are free to wear thongs,bikinis or roam around naked if they wish.. its none of our concern.. But what ur damn issue about these women being drawn towards islam? HATE? u people are as pathetic as it gets.

Pakistan as a society must go through with this and have 100% Islam in Pakistan.

This is the only way for the people to move forward.

Remember Islam is important, but even Allah swt says not to neglect your other responsibilities. I say we should end this obsession with religion once and for all. Make the nation 100% Islamic so that everyone will finally have a preference for balance in their lives.

That is my point. In my village, my grandfather was sitting and while my grandmother was cooking my cousin was running around. He was a toddler at this time. He kept going near the fire and I was about to grab him, but my grandfather stopped me. He told my cousin to touch the fire. My cousin touched it and got burned. Hahaha, man he never went near the fire again.

From a distance fire can warm you, while being in the middle of it can consume you.

Sorry yaar but Dada Abu ko Dadi seh chapatta karanee keey zaroorat theee ! What if your little cousin had been irrevocably injured ?

That's a good move, why are people against their decision?
It is a obligation to every woman to cover her self modestly. If they chose to do so on their own free will, who are we to question or comment on that?

About science emerging from Islam, that is true. Quran and Islam have defined everything in the universe, and field of Biology started from Islam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a wave of hypocrisy is what it is.
There well off women are led by the Al-huda organization who promote a very distorted version of Islam.

Ah...Al-Huda, they are right in front of my house in Islamabad, create alot of misguidance and problems for other people, in trying to go to the extremes.

The Quran is only a set of universal guidelines. It does not contain maths, computers or banking, and the details of technology or scientific inquiry.

==========================================

What misguided thinking!

I suggest you read this little piece.Embryology in the Quran

Although there is not specific maths, or science, like specific laws governing the world, and theorems, there are explanations of how the universe works, and the example of childbirth as i gave you in the above link.

Islam is just islam. There is no conservative or other type of islam.

Agree with someboze, free people need somthing to have discussion on.

Its a wave of hypocrisy is what it is.
There well off women are led by the Al-huda organization who promote a very distorted version of Islam.

So "conservative" Islam is automatically distorted because it tells women to wear the hijab? Have you ever thought that conservative Islam is just Islam which isn't "modest" Islam?

Pardon my ignorance, but why 'intensive' Arabic courses? Pakistan isn't part of Arabia, nor are Pakistanis considered Arabians. So why is Pakistan encouraging this? Why and how do you identify yourselves with the Arabs?

Did you know no Quranic translation is considered translation at all? They're mere interpretations and close meanings, not perfect translations.
So to understand the Quran better it's better to actually learn the original language (Classical Arabic) and not read translations. That's a fact. It has nothing to do with radicalisation or whatnot

Religion should be your personnal choice.

IMO, if Pakistan want to develop itself & want to be a first world country, than womens have to work too. It is simply stupid that womens who are half of the total population sits at home, that means half population sitting at home & if women are educated they will raise the next generations more better.

Agree with the first part, but it's not "woman have to work as well" it's "woman most definitely must be given the choice to work". Realise not every woman wants to work, and many don't need to, while others want/need to. Must be a choice

Agreed, but bikini is going too far. There should be a degree of freedom, but a limit as well.

I suggest you read this little piece.Embryology in the Quran

Although there is not specific maths, or science, like specific laws governing the world, and theorems, there are explanations of how the universe works, and the example of childbirth as i gave you in the above link.

Quran is a basic set of principles which lays the basis of dogmatic beliefs that we call Islam. Trying to apply dogma to logic or vice versa is an invalid exercise by definition.

do you know veils are prescribed for men also in islam? no more western dresses..wear shalwar kameez,grow beard and fully veiled and refer mullahs before eating or bathing

LOL, no need to go that far. Shalwar Kameez isn't Islamic, western clothing (decent ones) aren't haram.

they are wearing the scarfs out of their own free will. no one can blame them for it. i will just look at it as a fashion thing, like bell bottoms or huge collared shirts. eventually another fashion will be the in thing and these women will wear that

well theres a reason there's a lucrative multi billion dollar / year market for Islamic fashion....some of the top Italian and other designers have banked on this opportunity

they are wearing the scarfs out of their own free will. no one can blame them for it. i will just look at it as a fashion thing, like bell bottoms or huge collared shirts. eventually another fashion will be the in thing and these women will wear that

Its not about Fashion, i guess you didn't even bother reading the article and just decided to post. It clearly states in the article and quotes the women that they covered due to religious beliefs and out of their own will.

I don't get why you bharatis get all bothered if Pakistani women wear Islamic clothing due to religious beliefs.

It is much more malignant than a mere a "fashion thing", as the excerpt below shows. They aim to harass others into either following or leaving, which is malicious:

"The other girls who were working with us left." Shumaila said. "They found the new environment a bit unfriendly."

New wave of well-off Pakistani women drawn to conservative Islam | World news | guardian.co.uk

Agree with the first part, but it's not "woman have to work as well" it's "woman most definitely must be given the choice to work". Realise not every woman wants to work, and many don't need to, while others want/need to. Must be a choice

Agreed, but bikini is going too far. There should be a degree of freedom, but a limit as well.

Not going to comment on the religious parts.

I agree that choice is very important. Women should be given the choice to work or not to work. no use forcing them in one direction or the other.

nobody but the woman gets to decide what she wears or doesnt wear, where she works or works at all. it is wrong to force choices on an individual.

in the same vein I have to add. "if they have a right to cover everything but their eyes, they should have to uncover everything but their eyes" :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom