What's new

New wave of well-off Pakistani women drawn to conservative Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeap, Pakistan needs to be totally Islam-ified.

Religion should be your personnal choice.

IMO, if Pakistan want to develop itself & want to be a first world country, than womens have to work too. It is simply stupid that womens who are half of the total population sits at home, that means half population sitting at home & if women are educated they will raise the next generations more better.

The Quran is only a set of universal guidelines. It does not contain maths, computers or banking, and the details of technology or scientific inquiry.

==========================================

What misguided thinking!

Interestingly.. those universal guidelines.. if read in arabic and understood by one self without the presumption of being "archaic" in the interpretation.. do reveal themselves in the principles of the profession of the reader.
This would entitle knowing Arabic or precisely Arabic from the times of the prophet.

At the same time though.. It is still a spiritual book.. trying to prove it scientifically may lead to dead ends since Science is all growing. The principles of research should not be to stop research based on what is understood then by the verses..
or to try and prove the verses..
The principles should be to use scientific methods to discover and research.. and this includes the theory of evolution and string theory.
And not try to mix up the two thinking that one contradicts the other.. so one must be wrong.
science makes new discoveries everyday that make the old redundant..
And people reach new levels of spiritual understanding that change perceptions everyday.

There are always moments when I have ended up saying "hey.. the both are talking about the same thing.. who'da thunk it?".

Distorted or not, we as a nation need to stop judging other people's beliefs. That is what our problem is. Everybody is an authority to someone else.

If it brings the women peace, then why should anyone else be so critical?

If you have had the misfortune of encountering such ladies and their wealthy followers..
this intolerance is precisely what they promote.

What will they do when they are taught at school to think through Islam? Or refer to Quran when in doubt. Although I agree its their personal choice. But I hope they would treat someone who wants to wear a bikini the same way, 'as her personal choice'.

In the beginning it all looks very hunky dory and fulfilling.

...in the beginning.

What I never understood was why they never invented a burqa or hijab or sati or ghunghat or parda for men?

Why should girls have all the fun?

There must be 110% Islam in Pakistan. End of story.

don`t you think that`ll be an over dose for every one in your nation?? I mean you are asking over sent percent...:D

aapko nahi lagta jyada meetha nuksan kar sakta hai...?

don`t you think that`ll be an over dose for every one in your nation?? I mean you are asking over sent percent...:D

aapko nahi lagta jyada meetha nuksan kar sakta hai...?

That is my point. In my village, my grandfather was sitting and while my grandmother was cooking my cousin was running around. He was a toddler at this time. He kept going near the fire and I was about to grab him, but my grandfather stopped me. He told my cousin to touch the fire. My cousin touched it and got burned. Hahaha, man he never went near the fire again.

From a distance fire can warm you, while being in the middle of it can consume you.

Yeap, Pakistan needs to be totally Islam-ified.
do you know veils are prescribed for men also in islam? no more western dresses..wear shalwar kameez,grow beard and fully veiled and refer mullahs before eating or bathing. that is 110% islamified country. heck, even mullahs will fight and guns will roar if some "interpretations" are disputed. still you want? also, arabic language will replace urdu/punjabi whatever language spoken in pakistan.

if 110% sharia is also enforced, it will be merrier. right? :)
Ann+Friday,+April+23,+2010+picture+Lies+Hebbadj+his+wife+who+refused+to+be+identified,+speak+reporters+Nantes,+western+France.+She+fined+for+driving+car+with+veil+covering+all+but+her+eyes.+husband+is+suspected+of+polygamy.jpg

These are just bored people sitting idle to create new issues.

Islam does not stop ladies from business/ work education etc
Our ladies should follow examples of Hazrat Khadija, Hazrat Ayesha and Hazrat Fatima
We need better educated/ cultured/ civilized and religious women to bring our nation in right path
Our ladies must now follow western culture cuz they use women as show peace, any office u go u find beautiful sexy smart n young girl either receptionist or secretary very rare you see high on top like ceo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom