What's new

New wave of well-off Pakistani women drawn to conservative Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir ALLAH is the name which ALLAH has chosen for him self so it is better to use ALLAH than Khuda because ALLAH is ALLAH but their can be many Khudas

Sir, it is better if we sometimes use our common sense and don't waste our time arguing about petty issues. People can say Allah Hafiz or Khuda Hafiz, both are correct - the problem arises when some people force others to follow their own version of Islam. I still think Khada Hafiz sounds better than Allah Hafiz and I will still use the former phrase in daily life, but will not mind if others say Allah Hafiz in reply, and thereby end my little participation in this debate. Khuda Hafiz!

i think you have good points. but the thing is why are you changing kuda hafiz to alah hafiz. if you are changing this, then should you not be changing even your dress. it can be argued both ways i think.
in the end its a personal choice. there is not corrct way or wrong way.

Thnx for ur understanding
According to our belief Quran is the book(words) of Allah. Allah is the most frequent word used in Quran to refer God and seriously I even dnt remember if Allah has used the word Khuda to refer himself. U can also see almost all the muslims regardless of their race or nationality they use the word "Allah".
thats y, when somebody says that Allah has chosen the word Allah for him self. I feel comfortable to believe this.

with due respect
there is huge even I would like to say uncompareable difference between bikini and scarf. I knw ppl relates scarf with muslim culture but tell me if women are covering theirself instead of exposing is that bad act?
I dnt think anybody will ever feel embarassment or shame to have a sister who like to wear scarf than bikini.
In pakistan, women has rights to wear jeans, qameez shalwar, sarhi, scarf, abaya and so on, isn't it enough?
If we dnt like to see our women competely exposed then wats wrong in that?

most of the Pakistani like it or not but except bikini most of our models and elite class are wearing wat ever they want. how much more freedom do u expect?

to the first bolded part :
why should anyone feel embarrassed by what his siter/wife chooses to wear? be it a bikini or a burqa, both are choices of clothing and wearing one or the other should not be linked to morality. there should be no embarrassment for anyone if the woman chooses to wear a bikini.

second bolded part:
its simple. whats wrong is that you are forcing the woman to wear specific things against her choices. you are taking away her freedom. this makes you as bad as the french govt when it banned the burqa. the question simply is what gives anyone vut the woman the right to choose her attire?

why should anyone feel embarrassed by what his siter/wife chooses to wear? be it a bikini or a burqa, both are choices of clothing and wearing one or the other should not be linked to morality. there should be no embarrassment for anyone if the woman chooses to wear a bikini.

second bolded part:
its simple. whats wrong is that you are forcing the woman to wear specific things against her choices. you are taking away her freedom. this makes you as bad as the french govt when it banned the burqa. the question simply is what gives anyone vut the woman the right to choose her attire?

No woman in Pakistan would want to wear "bikini" in Pakistan. End of story.

Yes , they can wear whatever they want in the West. No woman in West would want to wear burka. End of Story.

There's NO "freedom" issue here (on the level of society)

second bolded part:

first, u may not feel embarrassment but their are many (even non Muslim) who does and, I dont think so I need to explain y? On the other hand, I cant see anything embarrassing in a scarf but u may find some.
secondly, "bikini and a dress" are u serious. this can be an undergarment but cant be a dress.
Third, I am not forcing anybody. Majority of Muslims women are wearing this by their own will, as they know Islam instruct them to cover their body.
Now are u going to raise the question then y do we have to follow our religion?

Majority of Muslims women are wearing this by their own will, as they know Islam instruct them to cover their body.

1) Majority of muslim women wearing the burka are doing so under pressure - overt and covert.

2) We just established in this thread that Islam does not "instruct them to cover their body" - merely cover their private parts and bossoms.

Normal clothes cover the body. So why the double whammy of the burka? Where did that (and its variants) come from?

As for the private parts and bossoms, technically even the bikini covers those. If you want to get definitionally anal that is.

3) Where are the references to hair?

1) Majority of muslim women wearing the burka are doing so under pressure - overt and covert.

2) We just established in this thread that Islam does not "instruct them to cover their body" - merely cover their private parts and bossoms.

Normal clothes cover the body. So why the double whammy of the burka? Where did that (and its variants) come from?

As for the private parts and bossoms, technically even the bikini covers those. If you want to get definitionally anal that is.

3) Where are the references to hair?

I m not a very good muslim or a scholar but I think I know my religion better than u.
It does says a women needs to cover her whole body?
If u have any authentic source to prove ur stance then please provide me, so I can enlighten myself.
and if u read my posts again my emphasis was scarf not burqa.
u might be right by saying most of the women do not like to wear burqa but u cant claim this on hijab or scarf.

The principal of covering the head started as a practise of hygine. Since hairs have the tendency to attract dust and dirt thats why ancient cultures covered there head and where the cloth were sparse they tonsure the head e.g in africa and in the brahmacharya in India.

Most culture emphasized on keeping hairs in the first place as they enhance sexuality (as good hairs are sign of good health). In case of males the facial hair give a more big (majestic) look.

Later it become tradition various head gears were invented as per profession and status e.g. crown of king, (Pagdi become synonymous to once status in Indian sub contitnent).

Now most culture has delinked it from religion/tradtion as better methods have been developed for health and hygine and people want and are free to choose attire to look attractive. Islam is an exception (there is a greater opposition to change due to the cultural factors)

I don't able to comprehend the reason how they can give peace to someone but then who am i to grudge :rofl::rofl:if one feel so.

I have no problem with a head covering or scarf myself man. Most of our cultures have it in some form. Hindu women do. Jewish women do. Many Christians do as well. So do Persian women. So do Zoroastrian women.

But a scarf is different from a burka.

A scarf does not cover or hide the hair.

A scarf does not hide the face.

So where did all of this come from?

As for the body, normal clothes cover the body. They definitely double cover the private parts and the bossom in most cases - something which is the only specific people have put forth here from the Koran. So why the need for a burka on top of those? Where is the genesis for that?

There must be something somewhere if millions of Muslim women are donning it.

Because to believe that they do it by choice is stretching things big time.

If somebody is really curious about Muslim women's attire then I would suggest u guys instead of arguing with us and confusing urself go and visit a credible Muslim scholar. most of us including me are common Muslims who also need help in different matters of life from our scholars. they can brief u properly with authentic reference which we cant. Already their is a lot of wrong and unrelated stuff has been attached to Islam and I dnt want to increase it by spreading any wrong info about my religion.

peace on u

I saw a Pakistani movie where Naseeruddin Shah argues with just such a scholar on the same topic.

The scholar had no answers either.

I saw a Pakistani movie where Naseeruddin Shah argues with just such a scholar on the same topic.

The scholar had no answers either.

I dnt want to say anything about movie but u also knw movies are directed by common persons, and director chose to show the whole situation like that.
But do u really believe, not a single muslim scholars gonna have an answer to that question?
Once again I dnt have enough knowledge to to decide or tell u who was correct and whom was not.

And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof, and let them wear their head-coverings over their bosoms, and not display their ornaments except to their husbands or their fathers, or the fathers of their husbands.... - Quran 24:31

yeah head covering not face coverings what has that quote got to do with niqab/burqa ? you are misunderstanding nobody is saying not be modest and it is hijab /abaya which is perfectly acceptable most people here are talking about completely covering their face which is NOT part of islam.I know loads of really conservative religious women and NOT A SINGLE ONE wears a niqab or burqa they all wear hijab and or abaya.NOWHERE in the quran does it say you must cover your face or in any islamic historical texts that the early muslim women completely hid their faces.
I am pro hijab/abaya but anti-niqab/burqa that in itself is being unislamic coz your guys are makin something part of islam your own rules based on arab culture
that were not implemented by God.

No woman in Pakistan would want to wear "bikini" in Pakistan. End of story.

it isnt the end of story. this begs the question, no pakistani would want to wear a bikini in pakistan? or now pakistani woman would want to wear a bikini , period. ? there is a big difference between the two.

Yes , they can wear whatever they want in the West. No woman in West would want to wear burka. End of Story.

There's NO "freedom" issue here (on the level of society)

but there is a very important freedom issue here. the woman in the west can choose to wear a burqa if she so desires. women in america do. I dont know of any western country except france where it is banned.

it is the right to choose tha defines freedom. what a woman chooses to wear is none of our business. we dont get to decide on it and it should not affect us. there is something wrong with us if a woman in a bikini distracts us to the point that we are harmed.

For the pro-burqa people you guys need to stop being so ignorant nobody wants to see women walkaround naked or in mini-skirts the vast majority of Pakistani women still don't cover yet how many of them have you seen wearing mini-skirts walking down Pakistani streets it bet it's NEVER right ? but there is a difference between niqab/burqas and other Islamic coverings most people including myself are only against the bottom left.There is no problem with the other 3 I fully support any women who wants to wear them .Look at this pic and learn the difference people.

hijab1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom