What's new

New Version of J-10 Spotted

It's for us most likely. Could be some EW version or something else. I am now interested in whether we would see conformal fuel tanks with them or not.

In fact I don't know him and actually I have two reliable friends in China of whom one states, it is indeed for an export customer - most likely Pakistan (but not an EW since a dedicated EW makes no sense, the WS-10 cannot create such enough energy / electricity - and another one who claims it is for the Ba Yi to replace the J-10AY. Both I rate as highly credible and so for the moment I don't know who's right.
I can't comment about the possible user of the this new version of the J-10, but would like to mention that many people when talk about EW platforms then unnecessary consider Fighter Jets like J-10 or even JF-17 or consider something equivalent to dedicated EW variant like J-16D or EW-18G growler which is not correct for PAF.

In PAF Dassault Falcon F-20 is dedicated EW platform and for future dedicated EW platforms PAF will continue to use such platforms which may stay in the air for longer period of time than Fighter Jets, but in fighter aircrafts category the most modern experience PAF has is related to F-16D blk-52+ which have some enhanced EW capabilities.

Therefore IF any EW platform is mentioned in context of PAF one should keep this difference in mind; with fighter aircrafts PAF would not go for dedicated EW role because of this and many other reasons. One more thing you should understand that PAF is already short on 4++ gen fighter platforms, therefore PAF will not adopt airframe of 4++ gen in any dedicated role other then fighter role, additionally I can say with 100% certainty that PAF would seek "additional/enhanced inbuilt EW capability with 4++ gen fighter platforms" whenever and wherever possible.

View attachment 860996View attachment 860997View attachment 860998new images show so many similarities in both J-10D and F-16. And also big difference between J-10C and new J-10D. With more straight main wings instead old twisted wings, single piece glass bubble canopy, bigger dorsal spine to house more electronics and fuel. Now only CFT is the difference between F-16and J-10. Because engine and rear are already powerful for both of them. Thanks

The image is fake.

FB_IMG_1658176668212.jpg

Additional translations at FB add the Pakistani Air Force requested a version of J-10 that doesn't carry external fuel tanks, but with same range. This version of J-10 has the additional fuel tank added along the top fuselage. This allowed more load capacity to carry bombs/missiles, where once reserved for carrying external tanks.

In fact, but I see no proof for his claim, quite to the contrary his explanations, this would be extra fuel is IMO wrong. For a CFT this spine offers not enough volume at least not enough to discard the external fuel tanks. As such I rate him not reliable.

In fact I don't know him and actually I have two reliable friends in China of whom one states, it is indeed for an export customer - most likely Pakistan (but not an EW since a dedicated EW makes no sense, the WS-10 cannot create such enough energy / electricity - and another one who claims it is for the Ba Yi to replace the J-10AY. Both I rate as highly credible and so for the moment I don't know who's right.
If these are the two options we must guess for then it is very obvious it is for the 'export customer'. You know as well as anyone acrobatic teams take up the most stripped down to the bones version of any aircraft. These added bulk ones are almost always the result of Air Staff Requirements.

I hope we can order 3-4 squadrons of the J-16D once our economy is back on track. I know it is not for export but maybe Russia can give China permission to sell it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom