What's new

New Version of J-10 Spotted

It's the new J-10 version for Pakistan

FireShot Capture 181 - 巴铁版歼10D亮相!机背新增保形油箱外形大改,载弹量将大幅提升 - baijiahao.baidu.com.png

Attachments

• FireShot Capture 181 - 巴铁版歼10D亮相!机背新增保形油箱外形大改,载弹量将大幅提升 - baijiahao.baidu.com.png
    FireShot Capture 181 - 巴铁版歼10D亮相!机背新增保形油箱外形大改,载弹量将大幅提升 - baijiahao.baidu.com.png
    532.1 KB · Views: 29

View attachment 862952

So the first 6 were to train + get squadrons up and running? If so - then will they be returned or will PAF have 36 J10CEs and then order the above as a follow on orders for further squadrons ?

The mind wonders about what upgrades they have made :) ..

( i am still waiting on a high res version before i make up my mind this is indeed a new aircraft ).

Last edited:
Salaam

So this could possibly be a EW focused J10 for Pakistan?

With regards to the design change of the spine, is EW the only possible reason?

Salaam

So this could possibly be a EW focused J10 for Pakistan?

With regards to the design change of the spine, is EW the only possible reason?
EW aircraft need to stay in the air for a long time, if this is indeed a dedicated EW variant, the spine could be for fuel to increase the time it can stay in the air and also to potentially free up hardpoints to carry EW pods.

View attachment 862952

In fact I don't know him and actually I have two reliable friends in China of whom one states, it is indeed for an export customer - most likely Pakistan (but not an EW since a dedicated EW makes no sense, the WS-10 cannot create such enough energy / electricity - and another one who claims it is for the Ba Yi to replace the J-10AY. Both I rate as highly credible and so for the moment I don't know who's right.

In fact I don't know him and actually I have two reliable friends in China of whom one states, it is indeed for an export customer - most likely Pakistan (but not an EW since a dedicated EW makes no sense, the WS-10 cannot create such enough energy / electricity - and another one who claims it is for the Ba Yi to replace the J-10AY. Both I rate as highly credible and so for the moment I don't know who's right.
WS-10 cannot create such enough energy

Modern EW/Radar stuff is very efficient, even the TB2 has an SPJ, the ALQ-99 used a RAT for power generation. Im sure its feasible, whether its actually whats happening is what i doubt

Why would they need extra fuel for aerobatics? It seems counter-intuitive as more drag and weight

EW pods have turbines for generating power, otherwise the Growler wouldn't be able to power all those pods it carries by itself either. In the old pod you can even see the fan at the front.

Back
Top Bottom