What's new

New Version of J-10 Spotted

IMG_20220712_173226_163.jpg
IMG_20220712_173141_595.jpg
IMG_20220712_173059_914.jpg
new images show so many similarities in both J-10D and F-16. And also big difference between J-10C and new J-10D. With more straight main wings instead old twisted wings, single piece glass bubble canopy, bigger dorsal spine to house more electronics and fuel. Now only CFT is the difference between F-16and J-10. Because engine and rear are already powerful for both of them. Thanks

I am fairly certain this is fake, because it makes no sense. The F-16s had the spine, because when they added two seats they didn't have any space for the electronics. So the modification was made to house them. This is clearly a single seater, so it makes no sense to have that spine. I think it's just a photoshopped image, nothing to get excited about. Also, that spine is WAY too big.

If it is real then Pakistan will probably be the operator. China already uses the J-16D.

Really? IMO it is not an EW-variant like the J-16D - which in fact is a wrong designation and should be JD-16 - but just the fourth variant.

at least for now I see nothing that hints it for the PAF.

In fact I am still suspicious it could be faked, but from all I read it seems indeed to be real!
Anyway, IMO it is strange since it ruins the elegant lines of the J-10, but operationally this does not count.

What I find strange is, that it still uses an AL-31FN and not the latest WS-10, so eventually it is not yet a fully fledged prototype, but a tested based on a modified J-10B.

Pardon … this is what this „lady“ misses in your eyes or what you see??
It was a joke Deino my man.. I dont see anything there.

Really? IMO it is not an EW-variant like the J-16D - which in fact is a wrong designation and should be JD-16 - but just the fourth variant.

at least for now I see nothing that hints it for the PAF.

It won't be a full fledged EW-variant like the J-16D. J-10 has only one engine and won't be able to generate the power a twin-engined fighter could. However it will be focused on EW compared to standard J-10C, which is good enough for most countries.

It will not only be design upgrade, it must have some enhanced avionics and other upgrades as well (as Chinese are continuously upgrading j10 in each variant ) that will remain secret for some time util this variant hits production line.

I think it's ugly. I don't like it.

Strage indeed and at least from this angle no longer as ugly as from behind.
By the way, latest rumour says, this is not the J-10D but a prototype for the J-10CY which shall replace the J-10AY within the Ba Yi aerobatic team

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom