What's new

New Turkish Fast Attack Craft

BDforever

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
The new design revealed at Doha International Maritime Defence Exhibition & Conference (DIMDEX) 2014 by STM shows the FACM is equipped with 8 anti-ship missiles, 4 torpedoes, 2 STAMP RCWS, 1 RAM air defence missile system and a stealthy 76 mm Otobreda gun mount.

The heavily armed craft can soar through the seas at 42 knots, allowing it to strike and run.

KnX8YM.jpg

-Aselsan Hazar radar ( Turkish made better than smart-s mk2. He's 3d radar and he work x and s band)
-8 Atmaca SSM inside of body (he better than harpoon block 2 and have land attack capability 280 km + range)
-4 Akya torpido
-Twice soft-kill
-2 STamp/M?zrak-D Missile Launchers
-1 RAM
-1 76 mm gun

--------------------
more details will be appreciated and can anyone tell me its price ?

The new design revealed at Doha International Maritime Defence Exhibition & Conference (DIMDEX) 2014 by STM shows the FACM is equipped with 8 anti-ship missiles, 4 torpedoes, 2 STAMP RCWS, 1 RAM air defence missile system and a stealthy 76 mm Otobreda gun mount.

The heavily armed craft can soar through the seas at 42 knots, allowing it to strike and run.

KnX8YM.jpg

-Aselsan Hazar radar ( Turkish made better than smart-s mk2. He's 3d radar and he work x and s band)
-8 Atmaca SSM inside of body (he better than harpoon block 2 and have land attack capability 280 km + range)
-4 Akya torpido
-Twice soft-kill
-2 STamp/M?zrak-D Missile Launchers
-1 RAM
-1 76 mm gun

--------------------
more details will be appreciated and can anyone tell me its price ?

FACs should be like that. WOW!

Better then that, better then this.. what is this? Circus? . No need to be childish.

They are better , because they are national and aviable and affordable...

The large bug aloud VLS if enough space internal (SOM?).

The large bug aloud VLS if enough space internal (SOM?).
It's a FAC, it doesn't need to become a corvette :) Even Ada Class doesn't have any VLS(yet).

There's plenty of space in the bow section but I wouldn't do that.... it's a small ship as it is.. and we're not a coastal brown sea navy. We need some space inside the ship so it might be able to cruise around mediterranean for a few days without supplies.

Call them a mini corvette or xxl FAC. ;)The transitions of war ships are fluent. A corvette can carrying the same weapon like a frigate. Frigate can be armed like a destroyer. It's all a question of mission and needs. Stealth FAC with 4-8 cells would be nice. For example. Fast attack can near the target and firing his SOM before air defence missile can react, because of short reaction time.

Call them a mini corvette or xxl FAC. ;)The transitions of war ships are fluent. A corvette can carrying the same weapon like a frigate. Frigate can be armed like a destroyer. It's all a question of mission and needs. Stealth FAC with 4-8 cells would be nice. For example. Fast attack can near the target and firing his SOM before air defence missile can react, because of short reaction time.
It's actually not a bad Idea but I think that won't be necessary... Atmaca(Turkish equivalent of Harpoon) is going to have a land attack capability... with greater velocity.

We should design an unmanned ship that is armed with Mizrak U missiles to take out larger ships. If you have 5 or 6 of these attacking 1 large ship I believe that you are almost guaranteed to take it out. Some could also have a T-107 rocket pod so that it can fire a volley of missiles at a target thus increasing the probability of hitting the target because it is hard to intercept so many missiles. Another variant could have the bora kms for airdefence. These ships are to be very cheap and easy to produce.

Check this out.
Example of cheap but effective ship:
PT boat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Though often said to be made of plywood, they were actually made of two diagonal layered 1 in (25 mm) thick mahoganyplanks, with a glue-impregnated layer of canvas in between. Holding all this together were thousands of bronze screws and copper rivets. This type of construction made it possible for damage to the wooden hulls of these boats to be easily repaired at the front lines by base force personnel. Five Elco Boats were manufactured in knock-down kit form and sent to Long Beach Boatworks for assembly on the West Coast as part of an experiment and as a proof of concept.

Turkish Unmanned Ship (Too small)

turk_muhendisler_insansiz_deniz_araci_uretti_h3717.jpg

Bora KMS

Defense_17-49-50_bora01.jpg

T-107

dsc03681.jpg

125430.jpg

I ask for the design and someone gave me an other answer, who designed the ship. Adik is a private shipyard, right?

Damn! 110 km/h.

It's actually not a bad Idea but I think that won't be necessary... Atmaca(Turkish equivalent of Harpoon) is going to have a land attack capability... with greater velocity.

What about an air defense system with low altitude? Think about!

Back
Top Bottom