What's new

New Record - Remittances to Pakistan reach $4B from UAE

So whose "insurance" will you accept SIr? Nawaz Sharif had a Qarz Utaaro Mulk Sunwaaro scheme that failed. Would you believe Imran Khan's assurances that the money will be put to good use? What if he cannot keep his promises? Or a dictator like Gen Musharraf (or the next COAS)?

Asking for such an assurance is simply another easy way of the expats to assume the high moral ground without putting up any money, just to lecture others.

so that our way of getting on high moral ground, what about yours? what have you done for pakistani just name one thing and ill give you credit.
we "expats" do more for our country then you leeches who live off of us expats in pakistan.
the webmaster on this website is an expat as well.

So whose "insurance" will you accept SIr? Nawaz Sharif had a Qarz Utaaro Mulk Sunwaaro scheme that failed. Would you believe Imran Khan's assurances that the money will be put to good use? What if he cannot keep his promises? Or a dictator like Gen Musharraf (or the next COAS)?

Asking for such an assurance is simply another easy way of the expats to assume the high moral ground without putting up any money, just to lecture others.

ill take imran khans insurance btw

so that our way of getting on high moral ground, what about yours? what have you done for pakistani just name one thing and ill give you credit.
we "expats" do more for our country then you leeches who live off of us expats in pakistan.
the webmaster on this website is an expat as well.

ill take imran khans insurance btw

Great! If he wins on May 11, please post up a copy of your cheques as you send them in to the government. Thanks!

Is that the topic of this thread Sir?

Weren't we talking about record remittances by expats and how they can help Pakistan?

the topic is actually about overseas pakistanis sending record amount of money to pakistan becuase jobless broke pakistanis in pakistan cant make enough.
but you took the topic another level by saying how we make excuses to stand on moral ground so now you tell me if we make excuses not to send money what have you done?
are you a soldier fighting a war against the taliban? or are a jobless kid living off his father or older brother?

the topic is actually about overseas pakistanis sending record amount of money to pakistan becuase jobless broke pakistanis in pakistan cant make enough.
but you took the topic another level by saying how we make excuses to stand on moral ground so now you tell me if we make excuses not to send money what have you done?
are you a soldier fighting a war against the taliban? or are a jobless kid living off his father or older brother?

The sentence part in bold is the topic Sir. The "becasue ...." part that you added is not.

Back on topic: The excellent hard work by wonderfully patriotic expatriate Pakistanis is helping the balance of payments of our great nation tremendously. Well done!

I hope that ever greater amounts of money are sent by those successful abroad and minting money.

The sentence part in bold is the topic Sir. The "becasue ...." part that you added is not.

Back on topic: The excellent hard work by wonderfully patriotic expatriate Pakistanis is helping the balance of payments of our great nation tremendously. Well done!

I hope that ever greater amounts of money are sent by those successful abroad and minting money.

yh it what i thought lol

I think that the amounts of remittances being send can be increased even further by making it easier and more efficient to use regular banking channels rather than the hundi/hawala system. That will help set new records and improve the foreign exchange reserves position of the country.

Why you guys are fighting on a year old new :undecided:

No body is fighting Sir.

The news that remittances are increasing is still true. Given our dropping foreign exchange reserves due to IMF repayments, steps should be taken to increase them even further.

No body is fighting Sir.

The news that remittances are increasing is still true. Given our dropping foreign exchange reserves due to IMF repayments, steps should be taken to increase them even further.

ok - than my remittances already go via UAE - I will send my annual bonus to overcome shortage :toast_sign:

I think that the amounts of remittances being send can be increased even further by making it easier and more efficient to use regular banking channels rather than the hundi/hawala system. That will help set new records and improve the foreign exchange reserves position of the country.

true but the problem is, that pakistanis at home are depending on this money to live ever day, they want to be jobless and wait for the money their brothers, sons or other relatives send them. if all these pakistanis had jobs instead of waking up every day putting on gel and hang out with friends and text girls then we can actually get some where.

ok - than my remittances already go via UAE - I will send my annual bonus to overcome shortage :toast_sign:

That is great!

Do you need any particular assurances that the money you send in will be used for any particular purposes, Sir? Or is can be used for betterment of the country based on the government's thinking?

I guess the question I want to ask is that should expat have the power to decide how their money should be spent or not? If yes, then how can we give them that authority in a way that would work best?

No body is fighting Sir.

they need to stop taking these imf loans. they are going to mess us up even more.

That is great!

Do you need any particular assurances that the money you send in will be used for any particular purposes, Sir? Or is can be used for betterment of the country based on the government's thinking?

I guess the question I want to ask is that should expat have the power to decide how their money should be spent or not? If yes, then how can we give them that authority in a way that would work best?

IMHO - Pakistan's govt. must end the luxuries life-style, they are not rulers of an Oil rich country. Make state owned corporations profitable and stop corruption. Increase the tax base. I don't think expats can influence govt. decisions unless they are given voting rights because for politicians the ones who don't vote, doesn't exist.

Back
Top Bottom