What's new

New Record - Remittances to Pakistan reach $4B from UAE

some Pakistanis living abroad get nationalities of foreign countries & come on this forum & diss pakistan & call it hopeless & useless! I am glad most of the Pakistanis remitting money don't think like those people on this forum & the world!!

NRPs should hope for Imran Khan he gives them huge importance.

What is his policy towards over seas Pakistanis?
At present the airport tax in Pakistan is as high as the cost of airticket, around $400/person.

You may confirm it by making a booking over any airline website, incl. PIAC

some Pakistanis living abroad get nationalities of foreign countries & come on this forum & diss pakistan & call it hopeless & useless! I am glad most of the Pakistanis remitting money don't think like those people on this forum & the world!!

Overseas Pakistanis with foreign nationalities, don't need to send money back, actually they take money out of Pakistan and some of them help in money laundering.
It is those Pakistanis who have no other choice to keep money. i.e. Pakistanis working in middleast. no passport no house no bank account. Family back in Pakistan waiting for monthly remittance.

All this alienation,bad publicity and propoganda from west against Pakistanis has this very positive effect..
Pakistanis living abroad have this thing in the back of thrir mind that at some point they may have to leave the west and go back to Pakistan if the conditons keep detetiorating for us as they are...
For that readon they dont sever the ties with reletives in Pakistan and most have investments in pakistan and bought lands and houses..
so that if they have to go back there is a place to live and a running bisiness for them...
this is one of the main reasons why remitances from pakistanis abroad are rising with time despite bad situation in Pakistan.

According to new gallop survey (even mentioned by CNN to Gillani) every other Pakistani want to leave Pakistan and migrate out of it, along with their assets.

I personally have a family member migrated to UK about 2 years ago, with all their wealth.

The father of man, a humble govt. official, owned 36 houses in Islamabad and he is still in the process of selling.

Imagine if one house cost $1million than it is $36million, out from Pakistan with one migration.

A friend of mine own a pharmaceutical factory in Lahore and he has paid $5million to get UK nationality.

According to new survey every other Pakistani want to leave Pakistan and migrate out of it, along with their assets.

I personally have a family members migrated to UK about 2 years ago, with all their wealth.

The father of man, a humble govt. official, owned 36 houses in Islamabad and he is still in the process of selling.

Imagine if one house cost $1million than it is $36million, out from Pakistan with one migration.

its been two years...not enough time to understand this country...
i bet he will be investing back in Pakistan soon.

money come from UAE sir jee forget abut nationality in ME we will remain pakistani till end of day :lol:

this is to happen now remittance will increase day by day cz of the ordinance in which black money earned by ppl can be invested in stock exchange no investigation will be done on the source of money nw stock exchange gona break all of its previous barriers

Hey Zaki,

This money is not going into economy as this is the savings from the salary that these Pakistanis send back home.

So like if i earn 80,000 $ a year, say in USA, i will send a part of that for my family, like mom and dad etc.

So when the money is wired to Pakistan or transferred, the local people will withdraw the cash in rupees, right? So that Makes the market flood with dollars (that i just sent) and rupees are then taken off the market. That way, the rupee strengthens.

If Pakistanis didn't send this money, then no one will buy rupee in the local market, and foreign currencies will continue to appreciate w.r.t rupee. Pakistani's cannot simply make this money. They have to earn it abroad and then send it.

It does help the local economy in a way, that eventually some of that 4 Billion $ will end up as our family members will spend the money on buying goods in Pakistan.
I understand how the remittances work,

But I was pointing out to the fact that we Pakistanis are so rich in foreign countries and still we do not invest in Pakistan to the best of our abilities. We invest in foreign lands and earn money in dollars, pounds and Euros. I am not saying it is wrong to do that but portion of that money could be invested in Pakistan and millions of people will prosper. If 12 billion dollars can be generated by only sending money to the families of overseas-Pakistani nationals. Big amount can also be spared for direct investment in the country. Not arguing just telling the fact..
this is to happen now remittance will increase day by day cz of the ordinance in which black money earned by ppl can be invested in stock exchange no investigation will be done on the source of money nw stock exchange gona break all of its previous barriers
Yes that can be a factor but see the remittance didn't increase all of a sudden. We have millions of overseas Pakistanis in various part of the world. I think this is normal... and thinking more and more Pakistanis going to Middle East & Europe, the remittance was bound to increase

But I was pointing out to the fact that we Pakistanis are so rich in foreign countries and still we do not invest in Pakistan to the best of our abilities. We invest in foreign lands and earn money in dollars, pounds and Euros. I am not saying it is wrong to do that but portion of that money could be invested in Pakistan and millions of people will prosper. If 12 billion dollars can be generated by only sending money to the families of overseas-Pakistani nationals. Big amount can also be spared for direct investment in the country. Not arguing just telling the fact..

See, the money that Pakistanis send back home as remittances is for the use of their families. Otherwise they won't send any. But Pakistanis do invest from their savings, like real estate. I know tons of people who have bought land in Pakistan, agricultural land, but they themselves live abroad. Then there are people who invest in buying shares in the stock. So investment is there, but the thing is, if you are willing to spend your 1000s of hard earned income, you would want to have a secure return on it. There actually has been a lot of activity in the Islamic savings and all that in Pakistan. No wonder more banks are springing up and offering savings.

I am poor in economics ..someone plz explain me
1. What will govt of pakistan gain from these remittance ?
2.how it will affect the inflation of local economy ?
3.what will be the effect of remittance on foreign reserves ?

I am poor in economics ..someone plz explain me
1. What will govt of pakistan gain from these remittance ?
2.how it will affect the inflation of local economy ?
3.what will be the effect of remittance on foreign reserves ?

It helps the Govt to maintain the dollar reserves & as our trade is in dollars where imports supasses exports & it helps to main the local currency value.

It is worth m,entioning that world (mostly indians) think that Pakistan Pakistan is running on american few millions compensation...:D where only Pakistanis abroads send 13 billion $ to home which even cannt help economy so much (cz of its size)

I always wonder if we Pakistanis can send about 10-12 billion dollars of remittance to Pakistan each year then why can't we invest 10 billion dollars in the country and help improve the economy by ourself.

Bahar ke mulkon main itne baray baray Pakistani investors bethay hain and our rich Pakistanis are doing nothing for the country

Yes that can be a factor but see the remittance didn't increase all of a sudden. We have millions of overseas Pakistanis in various part of the world. I think this is normal... and thinking more and more Pakistanis going to Middle East & Europe, the remittance was bound to increase

There is a difference between remittances and investments.

Remittances help the balance of payments, but the money is used for family expenses or asset building, but investments are made with the aim of generating a good return, which requires a good economic environment.

With the present environment in Pakistan, it is totally understandable why Pakistan are willing to send remittances but not investments.

I always wonder if we Pakistanis can send about 10-12 billion dollars of remittance to Pakistan each year then why can't we invest 10 billion dollars in the country and help improve the economy by ourself.

Bahar ke mulkon main itne baray baray Pakistani investors bethay hain and our rich Pakistanis are doing nothing for the country

More Pakistani should be asking this - and wondering why they must live lives of insecurity. And as you ask yourself these questions, also ask the real importance of the CJP excluding Pakistanis with dual nationalities from participation in the public life of the country

More Pakistani should be asking this - and wondering why they must live lives of insecurity. And as you ask yourself these questions, also ask the real importance of the CJP excluding Pakistanis with dual nationalities from participation in the public life of the country

More Pakistani should be asking this - and wondering why they must live lives of insecurity. And as you ask yourself these questions, also ask the real importance of the CJP excluding Pakistanis with dual nationalities from participation in the public life of the country.....................

Sir, what is the real importance of excluding dual nationals from public life?

Back
Top Bottom