What's new

New Poll Finds Brits Proud of Colonialism

These f***er racists will never change.
African-girl-in-human-zoo-e1392748580716.jpg

Among western countries America, England and Austrailan are the most racists. They will never show it directly. Cartoons on ISRO Mars Mission or similar positive stuff by India tells thier true mentallity. They do racist attacks on thier own citizens of different origins every other day which never gets to news. Genocide of indeginous people, etc. And after all this they come out the least racist in surveys.

They might be the most racists amongst Western countries but they're the least racist vis a vis the rest of the countries in the world.Denying that they're more tolerant than most countries (including India) is just a lie and it shouldn't even be debated.

They might be the most racists amongst Western countries but they're the least racist vis a vis the rest of the countries in the world.Denying that they're more tolerant than most countries (including India) is just a lie and it shouldn't even be debated.
And how did you came to that conclusion?

No thanks to the Ottomans.The British left some civilisation behind when they left,roads,schools,etc.The Ottomans left no such thing,they only took.We have electricity thanks to us and us alone.Claiming credit for that is downright idiotic.
Let's not bitch about Ottomans.

The examples of Turkish architecture can be found all across the vast Ottoman Empire covering the time span of over 600 years. The extent of this architectural heritage has been fully documented only in the European lands of the Empire in Balkans, thanks to the work of Ekrem Hakki Ayverdi. His work, published between 1980 and 1982, documented Turkish architectural examples of 235 in Romania, 725 in Hungary, 6941 in former Yugoslavia, 1015 in Albania, 3370 in Greece and 3340 in Bulgaria. These, totaling about sixteen thousand, do not include the examples in Rodos, Istankoy, Sakiz, Limni and other islands in the Agean Sea as well as the island of Cyprus. If one looks at the breakdown of these at just two contries, Bulgaria and Greece, the following picture emerges: In Bulgaria, 2356 mosques, 420 schools, 42 buildings for charity (imaret), 174 religious meeting houses (tekke), 116 inns, 113 Turkish bath houses, 27 mausoleums, 24 bridges, 75 fountains, 26 kervansarays. In addition, there are clock towers, bazaars, tombs, forts and castles and uncountable number of houses. If we look at Greece, a similar picture emerges with 2336 mosques, 504 various types of schools, 307 religious meeting houses, 207 various buildings for charity, 171 inns, 134 Turkish bath houses, 30 mousoleums, 25 bridges, 22 castles, 10 kervansarays, 10 fountains, 6 aqueducts, 5 watch towers. As in everywhere else, there are also uncountable number of markets or bazaars, tombs and houses.
http://www.turkishculture.org/architecture/outside-turkey-106.htm

At least we didn't built this in Romania...
Skull-Tower-Nis-650x433.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skull_Tower

And how did you came to that conclusion?

By looking outside my window at the world today.

Let's not bitch about Ottomans.

The examples of Turkish architecture can be found all across the vast Ottoman Empire covering the time span of over 600 years. The extent of this architectural heritage has been fully documented only in the European lands of the Empire in Balkans, thanks to the work of Ekrem Hakki Ayverdi. His work, published between 1980 and 1982, documented Turkish architectural examples of 235 in Romania, 725 in Hungary, 6941 in former Yugoslavia, 1015 in Albania, 3370 in Greece and 3340 in Bulgaria. These, totaling about sixteen thousand, do not include the examples in Rodos, Istankoy, Sakiz, Limni and other islands in the Agean Sea as well as the island of Cyprus. If one looks at the breakdown of these at just two contries, Bulgaria and Greece, the following picture emerges: In Bulgaria, 2356 mosques, 420 schools, 42 buildings for charity (imaret), 174 religious meeting houses (tekke), 116 inns, 113 Turkish bath houses, 27 mausoleums, 24 bridges, 75 fountains, 26 kervansarays. In addition, there are clock towers, bazaars, tombs, forts and castles and uncountable number of houses. If we look at Greece, a similar picture emerges with 2336 mosques, 504 various types of schools, 307 religious meeting houses, 207 various buildings for charity, 171 inns, 134 Turkish bath houses, 30 mousoleums, 25 bridges, 22 castles, 10 kervansarays, 10 fountains, 6 aqueducts, 5 watch towers. As in everywhere else, there are also uncountable number of markets or bazaars, tombs and houses.
http://www.turkishculture.org/architecture/outside-turkey-106.htm

At least we didn't built this in Romania...
Skull-Tower-Nis-650x433.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skull_Tower

It's ok you did in Serbia though........

The list you mentioned has very little,if any,impact on the development of those countries ,brought no significant development,no technology.Don't get me started on slavery,pillage of resources,etc.Now,for me it's in the past but seeing Turkish members pointing fingers at others for colonialism is hypocrisy of the highest standards.

By looking outside my window at the world today.
Ah you mean your media.

Not talking about France here. But Americans, Brits and Australians on average are more racist than any country on this planet.

's ok you did in Serbia though........

The list you mentioned has very little,if any,impact on the development of those countries ,brought no significant development,no technology.
Meaning we did what we could at the time, it's not like we ravaged Europe like our Mongolian cousins...

.Don't get me started on slavery,pillage of resources,etc.
Like every other Empire...but we didn't chained people and put them into forced labor like Nazis or Soviets. Christian children drafted in Janissary ranks.

Now,for me it's in the past but seeing Turkish members pointing fingers at others for colonialism is hypocrisy of the highest standards.
IMO, Ottomans were not harsh to the natives of the lands that it captured as other Empires....but that's my opinion.

Meaning we did what we could at the time, it's not like we ravaged Europe like our Mongolian cousins...

Like every other Empire...but we didn't chained people and put them into forced labor like Nazis or Soviets. Christian children drafted in Janissary ranks.

IMO, Ottomans were not harsh to the natives of the lands that it captured as other Empires....but that's my opinion.

You were not as bad as the Mongols...great success.

The children were not "drafted" but ripped from their mothers arms and put into indoctrination.Slaves were collected from subjugated territories also.The Ottoman empire outlawed slavery in 1889,the British Empire did it in 1807.

Ah you mean your media.

Not talking about France here. But Americans, Brits and Australians on average are more racist than any country on this planet.

No.Pls,be serious.

You were not as bad as the Mongols...great success.
They destroyed, we built. Simple as that.

The children were not "drafted" but ripped from their mothers arms and put into indoctrination.
As fathers looked helplessly, Ottomans ripped toddlers from their mothers arms....leaving the crying mother behind..... no need to dramatize it, dude. :lol:

Slaves were collected from subjugated territories also.The Ottoman empire outlawed slavery in 1889,the British Empire did it in 1807.
As far as i know slaves collected only from non-Ottoman territories during wartime and/or by raids.

They destroyed, we built. Simple as that.

As fathers looked helplessly, Ottomans ripped toddlers from their mothers arms....leaving the crying mother behind..... no need to dramatize it, dude. :lol:

As far as i know slaves collected only from non-Ottoman territories during wartime and/or by raids.

British built far more than that......rail roads,telegraph ,ports,roads,airports,etc.But hey,i guess we must be thankful for caravanserays and mosques.....

British built far more than that......rail roads,telegraph ,ports,roads,airports,etc.But hey,i guess we must be thankful for caravanserays and mosques.....
Not only caravanserays and mosques.... but sorry for us not building railroads, telegraph, airports....those were not invented at that time !!!

@Sinan .........As an example,you know what Romania( a mostly agrarian country looted constantly for the previous 500 years by Ottomans,Austrians,Russians,Tatars) did,almost immediately after its independence in 1877 and reunion with the former Ottoman villayet of Dobrogea ?

They built this :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anghel_Saligny_Bridge

Podul_Regele_Carol_I.jpg

History[edit]
The bridge was built between 1890 and 1895 over the Danube and Borcea branch of the Danube, and when it was completed it became the longest bridge in Europe and the third longest in the world. The two cities on the banks of the river which was built were Feteşti on the left side and Cernavodă on the right side.

The bridge has a length of 4,087.95 m (13,411.9 ft) of which 1,662 m (5,453 ft) over the Danube and 970 m (3,180 ft) over Borcea and was designed by Romanian engineer Anghel Saligny. It is 30 m (98 ft) above the water, allowing tall ships to pass under it.

The crossing of Danube at Cernavodă was provided through a bridge with a central opening of 190 m (the largest in Continental Europe) and other four openings of 140 m (460 ft), beside to a viaduct with 15 openings of 60 m (200 ft). Another bridge, with three openings of 140 m (460 ft) and 11 openings of 50 m (160 ft), was designed and realized over Borcea branch. A viaduct with 34 openings of 42 m (138 ft) was built between the two branches of the stream, over a 14 km (8.7 mi) wide water.[2]

The bridge was inaugurated on 26 September 1895 and as a test on the opening, a convoy of 15 whistling locomotives sped at 60 km/h, followed by a train reserved for 'guests', at 80 km/h. It was used for almost a century, until 1987, when the new Cernavodă Bridge, built next to it, was inaugurated.[3]

You have to try to develop your nation not moan about colonialism in 2016 for God's sake !

@Sinan .........As an example,you know what Romania( a mostly agrarian country looted constantly for the previous 500 years by Ottomans,Austrians,Russians,Tatars) did,almost immediately after its independence in 1877 and reunion with the former Ottoman villayet of Dobrogea ?

They built this :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anghel_Saligny_Bridge

Podul_Regele_Carol_I.jpg

History[edit]
The bridge was built between 1890 and 1895 over the Danube and Borcea branch of the Danube, and when it was completed it became the longest bridge in Europe and the third longest in the world. The two cities on the banks of the river which was built were Feteşti on the left side and Cernavodă on the right side.

The bridge has a length of 4,087.95 m (13,411.9 ft) of which 1,662 m (5,453 ft) over the Danube and 970 m (3,180 ft) over Borcea and was designed by Romanian engineer Anghel Saligny. It is 30 m (98 ft) above the water, allowing tall ships to pass under it.

The crossing of Danube at Cernavodă was provided through a bridge with a central opening of 190 m (the largest in Continental Europe) and other four openings of 140 m (460 ft), beside to a viaduct with 15 openings of 60 m (200 ft). Another bridge, with three openings of 140 m (460 ft) and 11 openings of 50 m (160 ft), was designed and realized over Borcea branch. A viaduct with 34 openings of 42 m (138 ft) was built between the two branches of the stream, over a 14 km (8.7 mi) wide water.[2]

The bridge was inaugurated on 26 September 1895 and as a test on the opening, a convoy of 15 whistling locomotives sped at 60 km/h, followed by a train reserved for 'guests', at 80 km/h. It was used for almost a century, until 1987, when the new Cernavodă Bridge, built next to it, was inaugurated.[3]

You have to try to develop your nation not moan about colonialism in 2016 for God's sake !

Different time differnt technology...and we built this.
2-jpg.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stari_Most

Who is moaning about Colonialism ?

I only replied this;
No thanks to the Ottomans.The British left some civilisation behind when they left,roads,schools,etc.The Ottomans left no such thing,they only took.

Different time differnt technology...and we built this.
2-jpg.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stari_Most

Who is moaning about Colonialism ?

I only replied this;

People in the Balkans had castles and bridges way before the Ottomans......and my point was that if other nations can go on to build up their country after hundreds of years of subjugation than it's ridiculous for others to moan that they don't hve electricity today because of colonialism.Victim mentality

The discussion started when a Turkish member pointed out that people in Africa don't have electricity and that's somehow the fault of former colonists.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom