What's new

Poverty in Britain - Why are millions of Brits so broke?

May i ask where i the US you live?

When i search for safest cities in America, it almost always names smalls suburban places with 10-50K inhabitants, mostly seniors and retirements.

I would prefer a place with a population of at least 1 million and with fairly equal distribution of age groups. Preferably near the coast and warm climate.

Florida, Texas, California maybe….
Texas is not warm but hot in the summer I mean hot hot.... Don't know about Florida but California is much better.

May i ask where i the US you live?

When i search for safest cities in America, it almost always names smalls suburban places with 10-50K inhabitants, mostly seniors and retirements.

I would prefer a place with a population of at least 1 million and with fairly equal distribution of age groups. Preferably near the coast and warm climate.

For what you described, you will have to pay top dollar. Places like the wealthy suburbs of Southern California in the US, where you have access to beautiful beaches, a mediterranean climate, close to big cities but having safe neighborhoods. Prices are astronomical. If you're rich, I'd recommend it.

Other options would be maybe Boca Raton in Florida or wealthy areas near Tampa Bay. Climate will be a lot more humid but it is also a lot more affordable.

In the past The US used to get the cream of the crop in terms of immigrants with high IQ's. Nowdays they get aslym seekers, not people from te old communist bloc trying to sell their talents to a more rewarding society. After ww2, all those german engineers etc migrated to the US. You just cannot progress at the same rate when you import massive unskilled low IQ peoples from nations with no rudimentary plumbing. For this reason China will easily overtake the US as American avg IQ declines.

Somewhat true, but missing the point: America traditionally has always recieved financially poor who seeks new opportunities, and people who were persecuted in their own community.

Majority of europeans who emigrated to America, was dirt poor, on the verge of starvation. Many emigrated because they belonged to christian sects which were persecuted by the mainstream catholic and protestants. That explains why there are so many strange christian sects in America to this day.

Texas is not warm but hot in the summer I mean hot hot.... Don't know about Florida but California is much better.

I dont mind hot temperatures as long as the humidity is not a issue. Which is heard is almost unbearable in Florida.

As a ethnic Bangali, i imagine Florida climate is similar to that in Bangladesh, maybe even less humid than BD during the monsoon, which the Mamluk conqourors described as hell on earth.

Last edited:
In the past The US used to get the cream of the crop in terms of immigrants with high IQ's. Nowdays they get aslym seekers, not people from te old communist bloc trying to sell their talents to a more rewarding society. After ww2, all those german engineers etc migrated to the US. You just cannot progress at the same rate when you import massive unskilled low IQ peoples from nations with no rudimentary plumbing. For this reason China will easily overtake the US as American avg IQ declines.
I think @Sandwalk gave a good answer! There are no 'low IQ' people after one or two generations living in America. There is level playing field and anyone can rise very high. Immigrants come for economic opportunities and save money and are more 'family' oriented and that helps them and the country.
Somewhat true, but missing the point: America traditionally has always recieved financially poor who seeks new opportunities, and people who were persecuted in their own community.

Majority of europeans who emigrated to America, was dirt poor, on the verge of starvation. Many emigrated because they belonged to christian sects which were persecuted by the mainstream catholic and protestants. That explains why there are so many strange christian sects in America to this day.
Agreed. And , 'strange Christian sects'!! Yes!!

1690296758813.jpeg

do chinese even teach how many died under mao terrorism?

For what you described, you will have to pay top dollar. Places like the wealthy suburbs of Southern California in the US, where you have access to beautiful beaches, a mediterranean climate, close to big cities but having safe neighborhoods. Prices are astronomical. If you're rich, I'd recommend it.

Other options would be maybe Boca Raton in Florida or wealthy areas near Tampa Bay. Climate will be a lot more humid but it is also a lot more affordable.

Thanks, ill check the prices in those areas.

I former friend of mine moved from Norway(or fled should i say) to California 10 years ago. His sister already lived there for well over a decade and is married to a celebrity property developer i LA. Got help with financing from said brother in law and started his own business in Fitness sector. Today his company is worth several hundred million dollar.

Thanks, ill check the prices in those areas.

I former friend of mine moved from Norway(or fled should i say) to California 10 years ago. His sister already lived there for well over a decade and is married to a celebrity property developer i LA. Got help with financing from said brother in law and started his own business in Fitness sector. Today his company is worth several hundred million dollar.
That’s great for him. If you plan to own property in these areas, expect to pay $1 million for a 3 bedroom 2 bath condo.

Don't listen to them
It's a good idea

UK still has lot more earnings potential

It's just that freebies UK people were use to , are going away

Biggest mistake

They should have stayed away from Ukraine war and profited instead

It's more than this. Infrastructure is in decline, the political class is rubbish, government is making poor decision after poor decision. We're going to hit a recession hard and soon. The thing is they won't do anything different to get us out of it. They won't break out of the broken models, nothing to encourage commerce, no fresh ideas.

I'll give you a few examples;

- public transport is privately owned, services are regularly cut, it's cheaper to drive than to catch a bus.

- We've had a housing shortage for about 20 years. Social housing stock was sold, never rebuilt, state pays rent to private landlords to house those on welfare.

- Energy - we've done next to nothing on green energy, all green initiatives are like trying to sell electric cars and fining cars for driving through city centres, nothing to do with improving public transport or changing to renewable energy sources. Solar panels are still relatively rare on roofs.

Matlab everything you can think of, the current opposition and govt has the same aligned dead, used, failed ideas about.

You're much better off in the middle east, Germany, USA, New Zealand, Turkey, etc.

I think @Sandwalk gave a good answer! There are no 'low IQ' people after one or two generations living in America. There is level playing field and anyone can rise very high. Immigrants come for economic opportunities and save money and are more 'family' oriented and that helps them and the country.

Agreed. And , 'strange Christian sects'!! Yes!!
Tell that to Harvard who discriminates against East Asians.

These would be the top choices
San Francisco Bay Area
Los Angeles
San Diego
Houston
Miami
Jacksonsville

there will be good and bad neighborhoods in these areas

Tell that to Harvard who discriminates against East Asians.

Affirmative Action is discrimination against all but blacks (and maybe Latinos). But I don't think East Asians can't find alternatives to Harvard; won't have the prestige of 'Harvard' but still plenty of top class universities where they get quality education and become successful.
Having said that... I am not sure about my own 'position' on Affirmative Action. I, of course, never benefited from it but a friend, who was working for the US Fed. Govt told me that if I were to declare myself 'black', I'd have great govt. job opportunities. Hah!!

Houston
Miami
Jacksonsville

To quote a Miami resident I met on a cruise: It would feel like 'warm, wet blanket on your body almost all year' but maybe Jacksonville would be a tad better 3-4 months a year.
Yuck!

We've had a housing shortage for about 20 years. Social housing stock was sold, never rebuilt, state pays rent to private landlords to house those on welfare.

Housing seems like a huge problem in the UK and no surprise: A tiny island nation which is very overpopulated. But I bet your govt. funded housing is not like the 'projects' housing in America, which are horrible as far as I know.

These would be the top choices
San Francisco Bay Area
Los Angeles
San Diego
Houston
Miami
Jacksonsville

there will be good and bad neighborhoods in these areas

SF Bay Area - Prices are astronomical. If you want to live in the desirable areas. The city is crime ridden.
Los Angeles - same as above
San Diego - Probably the best big city in CA in terms of crime and disorder but still not great in the city center. Prices slightly more reasonable in the desirable areas.
Houston - Muggy and humid. A big uninteresting city.
MIami - Fun latin city, hot women.
Jacksonville - Forget about it, boring as all hell.

Back
Top Bottom