What's new

New Poll Finds Brits Proud of Colonialism

At least Africans have the decency not to be "proud" of enabling slavery! The Brits should have the decency to recognize colonialism for the exploitative system it was ...nothing for anyone to be proud about.

They are proud of the once geat British Empire,Rule Britania and all.Nothing wrong in that.I'm sure you're proud of former Indian empires,despite caste system.Those were the times but taking pride in your ancestors achievements is not wrong.

Also,it was the British Empire who abolished slavery,not only in its territories but across the globe.I'm sure modern Brits are very proud of that.

Last edited:
They are proud of the once geat British Empire,Rule Britania and all.Nothing wrong in that.I'm sure you're proud of former Indian empires,despite caste system.Those were the times but taking pride in your ancestors achievements is not wrong.
I thought we were debating being " proud of colonialism" which is very different from being "proud of the achievements of your ancestors" Colonialism was exploitative in nature and far from being proud the British should apologize !

I think that Western Europe and I include Britain can rightly be proud of their innovations in government, their push in science, their respect for history....many things...all I argue is that if the British had an iota of decency then colonialism should not be one of the things to be proud of anymore than slavery or serfdom.

I thought we were debating being " proud of colonialism" which is very different from being "proud of the achievements of your ancestors" Colonialism was exploitative in nature and far from being proud the British should apologize !

I think that Western Europe and I include Britain can rightly be proud of their innovations in government, their push in science, their respect for history....many things...all I argue is that if the British had an iota of decency then colonialism should not be one of the things to be proud of anymore than slavery or serfdom.

Did they say "we are proud of enslaving people in the past" ? They are proud of the Empire,which,admitelly,had its wrongdoings but all in all they have reasons to be proud.

'There are 650 million people in Africa who haven't met with electricity yet and then only New York's usage of electricity almost equal to Africa, a continent. In such a world we can not speak of Justice.'' Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu

It doesn't sound any better.

Are you ashamed of the Ottoman Empire and regret its existence ?

Are you ashamed of the Ottoman Empire and regret its existence ?
You are today who you used to be under Ottoman rule or actually much less... And then you have your electricity today so I am not.

You are today who you used to be under Ottoman rule or actually much less... And then you have your electricity today so I am not.

No thanks to the Ottomans.The British left some civilisation behind when they left,roads,schools,etc.The Ottomans left no such thing,they only took.We have electricity thanks to us and us alone.Claiming credit for that is downright idiotic.

Did they say "we are proud of enslaving people in the past" ? They are proud of the Empire,which,admitelly,had its wrongdoings but all in all they have reasons to be proud.

They said they are proud of colonialism. If that is OK, then Arabs should be proud of the slave trade, Russians should be proud of serfdom, South Africa should be proud of apartheid, Australia should be proud of enslaving the Aborigines and Indians should be proud of the caste system. Colonialism is something to be ashamed of and apologize for. It impoverished and starved to death many millions of people. It KILLED. it shut down industries and took them by force to Manchester. It allowed ships of grain to sail past the sunken eyes of people starving slowly to death to keep London prices low.

I understand what you are saying, but Unless Empire benefits the majority under its rule it is a bad system not good. The small elite in such a system can look back with nostalgia like the slave owners look back on slavery but what they really deserve is a kick to their back sides. we will have to disagree on this as there is nothing left to say.

I'd tell you that you're speaking nonsense for several reasons:

1.You seem to think that Africa was a place where everybody got along but that's wrong.Africans were killing each other long before the arrival of the Europeans.The Zulus ,for example,almost wiped out the natives when they migrated in the hinterlands of S. Africa.

Wrong sir. Inter-kingdom wars did not warrant for racial/religious superiority in Africa which came only later.

This same establishment spread the myth of how indigenous peoples in Rwanda exterminated each other. The reality is that before colonial powers and Christianity stepped in, in this case, the Hutus and Tutsis lived with each other for centuries.

Inter-regional conflicts apart, there was no sense of racial superiority but mere territorial desires.

Racial/religious exterminations started with the development of Race Science by European powers who manipulated faultlines and turned people towards each other.

2.Africans were selling other Africans as slaves to Europeans.
3.It was the Europeans themselves who stoped slavery and they had to use force against muslim rulers who objected to the abolition of slavery. [/QUOTE]

Partly right.

Arab Muslim rulers started slavery of black Africans but that was not stopped by you. That is what supplied plantation workers for colonial powers.

Please get your history right from non-European sources of the countries that have undergone this menace.

4.More native Algerians actually fought alongside the French against Algerian rebels.

Colonial armies employed local subjects across the world, even in our country.

But does that justify occupying other countries?

Is there any statistics to prove that majority Algerians were pro-colonial and minority were not?

You will get your answer in the Algerian war of liberation and also in Vietnam's war of independence.

So a guy comes on camera and utter horse crap for 30 minutes and we are supposed to waste our time talking about it ?

Meanwhile I am still searching for the results of "the poll" and particularly curious about the wording of the questions asked (if at all it happened)

I couldn't even go through the whole video when the clown started his ..."evil capitalist this,evil capitalist that" rhetoric.....go f$ck yourself commie !:lol:

Most of these ultra leftists didn't lived through commie regimes and they preach others like they know something about it.They should be treated like neo nazis.

Inter-regional conflicts apart, there was no sense of racial superiority but mere territorial desires.

Racial/religious exterminations started with the development of Race Science by European powers who manipulated faultlines and turned people towards each other.

The British were first and foremost agressive conquerors not racial supremacists.They didn't hesitate to decimate the Irish or put white Christian Booers in camps where they died of famine and disease to consolidate their grip in South Africa.

These f***er racists will never change.
African-girl-in-human-zoo-e1392748580716.jpg

Among western countries America, England and Austrailan are the most racists. They will never show it directly. Cartoons on ISRO Mars Mission or similar positive stuff by India tells thier true mentallity. They do racist attacks on thier own citizens of different origins every other day which never gets to news. Genocide of indeginous people, etc. And after all this they come out the least racist in surveys.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom