What's new

New Pakistan Genetic Map

Why do so many Pakistanis have Indian ethnicity? What gives?
just like many north indians have a little bit of iranic ancestry similarly many Paksitani and even Afghan and Iranis have a little bit of indic ancestry.
Whats the big deal here?

Migration was from Pakistan into India, and not vice versa. Iranics came in various complexions, the Kushans were known for being dark skinned.
yes and that complexion also came from somewhere

just like many north indians have a little bit of iranic ancestry similarly many Paksitani and even Afghan and Iranis have a little bit of indic ancestry.
Whats the big deal here?

yes and that complexion also came from somewhere

Any source on Kushanas being dark skinned? Are we talking of average Indian skin tone of being dark skinned or they were just a bit swarthier compared to the yellow skinned Northern Chinese historians who wrote on them

Any source on Kushanas being dark skinned? Are we talking of average Indian skin tone of being dark skinned or they were just a bit swarthier compared to the yellow skinned Northern Chinese historians who wrote on them

Ancient Chinese sources describe Yuezhi (Kushans) as dark and ugly race of people (by their standards.)

Sai (Saka) as fair and beautiful.

You mean 6ft not 7ft

I know what I wrote. I’m 6 ft tall, which I would say is average.

My relatives tend to be very tall, getting close to 7 ft tall.

Ancient Chinese sources describe Yuezhi (Kushans) as dark and ugly race of people (by their standards.)

Sai (Saka) as fair and beautiful.

I know what I wrote. I’m 6 ft tall, which I would say is average.

My relatives tend to be very tall, getting close to 7 ft tall.

Look at where Kushans originated. They were likely more lighter skinned/caucasian looking then Kalash before they came in to indus valley.

"The Great Yuezhi are located about seven thousand li [2,910 km] north of India. Their land is at a high altitude; the climate is dry; the region is remote. The king of the state calls himself "son of heaven". There are so many riding horses in that country that the number often reaches several hundred thousand. City layouts and palaces are quite similar to those of Daqin [the Roman Empire]. The skin of the people there is reddish white. People are skilful at horse archery. Local products, rarities, treasures, clothing, and upholstery are very good, and even India cannot compare with it.

— Wan Zhen (3rd century AD)"

Look at where Kushans originated. They were likely more lighter skinned/caucasian looking then Kalash before they came in to indus valley.

"The Great Yuezhi are located about seven thousand li [2,910 km] north of India. Their land is at a high altitude; the climate is dry; the region is remote. The king of the state calls himself "son of heaven". There are so many riding horses in that country that the number often reaches several hundred thousand. City layouts and palaces are quite similar to those of Daqin [the Roman Empire]. The skin of the people there is reddish white. People are skilful at horse archery. Local products, rarities, treasures, clothing, and upholstery are very good, and even India cannot compare with it.

Interesting. That differs from my source which I will post shortly.

More information here.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-sakas-scythians-kushans-hephthalites-white-huns.610977/

Among the barbarians in the Western Regions, the look of the Wusun is the most unusual. The present barbarians who have green eyes and red hair, and look like macaque monkeys, are the offspring of this people.
-Book of Han, with commentary by Yan Shigu (7th century)

Jiaoshi Yilin (Western Han) describes Wusun as "ugly and dark colored people with deep eye sockets"

I mixed up Kushans and Wusuns, but my point still stands. Darker skin in some parts of Pakistan does not necessarily denote Indian admixture, but may also reflect differing ancestry from various settling Iranic (or other) nomadic tribes.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom