What's new

New Pakistan Genetic Map

What difference does this makes? None what so ever. This whole renewed infatuation with ancestral genetics is stupidity at its finest. It makes no difference what your ancestors did or were what is important who you are as a person. Another stupid reason for idiots to feel superior to others.

Nice depiction! Pakistan has a diverse set of ethnicity.

Can you debunk this "Syed" theory. I have high doubts they are descendants of our Holy Prophet ﷺ .

Hi everyone, new member here from America, but family roots in Pakistan. Interested in South Asian genetics and history. Below is a link to a simplified genetic map of Pakistan I recently made. Feel free to ask questions and discuss here!

https://medium.com/@ArainGang/pakistan-genetic-map-81db19cd0465 View attachment 586224
It doesnt look accurate esp. the Baluchistan part.

We are of Iranic origin, with Turkish/Mongol admixture, just like Afghanistan, Iran, Kurds, and Tajiks, who are our racial cousins.

Unfortunately, we have allowed India and our neighbors to set the narrative for our identity, so many Pakistanis and non-Pakistanis are confused about what we are.

From your terminology, I guess you are a Rajput too.

Ive noticed this a lot here on defence.pk.You named everything but missed one..It wouldnt really hurt even if you acknowledge your ANI(Ancestors North Indian) ancestry regardless how small it is..Where do you think the you got the slight dark tinge from??
This is blatant racism that we commit sometimes due to our national rivalry...

@Talwar e Pakistan @krash

Due to hot climate people of hot regions or the areas closer to equater or dark and Europeans are white because Europe is for away from equater

Genetic details answer everything.
Pakistan is above tropic of cancer..Punjab is more closer to central Asia than it is to equator.

O Bhai punjab ki dhoop main angrez bhi mussali ban Jaye
Don't know why people here don't give importance to environment as per these people everything is due to genetics
Never said climate doesnt affect but Genetics prevails over climate.. Genetic architecture of climate change adaptation is still being researched and not so much is known about it.

Never said climate doesnt affect but Genetics prevails over climate.. Genetic architecture of climate change adaptation is still being researched and not so much is known about it.
You can become dark brown from light brown by spending few days in sun
And here we are talking about people whose ancestors are living in Punjab and other areas since hundreds or thousands of years
Your climate and environment determines everything

You can become dark brown from light brown by spending few days in sun
And here we are talking about people whose ancestors are living in Punjab and other areas since hundreds or thousands of years
Your climate and environment determines everything
Its usless to argue here ..you should take a DNA test.

Its usless to argue..you should take a DNA test.
What it has to do with my DNA test
When did I claim to be white or black? I just said your climate determines your skin color people adopt to the climate over the generations and it's true for all animals not for humans only

According to research published just a couple months ago, Iranian Hunter Gatherers may have entered the Indus Valley as early as 12,000 BC. Aryans did not arrive until around 2000 BC. Prior to the arrival of the Aryans, the people of the Indus Valley were a mix of two primary ancestries; the Ancestral Indians and Iranian Hunter Gatherers.
Don't you mean Iranian Neolithic Farmers?

Welcome to the forum. I’m a Rajput from Faisalabad/Lahore area, but originally from the Punjab border area with Kashmir.

Most of my family has obvious Asiatic and Turkish looks, we also tend to be very muscular and tall compared to other Pakistanis.

I find the whole history of Iranic migration interesting and a likely origin for my people.

I don’t believe in the concocted Hindu version of Rajput origins, because I can see strong Central Asian elements in my own family culture.
Please differentiate between Turkish and Turkic, there was no Turkish (Anatolian) influx into modern-day Pakistan. Neither are Turkic people known for having a strong physical build or height.

Genetic tests show that Pakistani Rajput results are consistent with other Pakistani groups, there is nothing "special" about them in terms of their admixture.

What it has to do with my DNA test
When did I claim to be white or black? I just said your climate determines your skin color people adopt to the climate over the generations and it's true for all animals not for humans only
Climate plays a part in natural selection, but that is not entirely true.

Welcome to the forum. I’m a Rajput from Faisalabad/Lahore area, but originally from the Punjab border area with Kashmir.

Most of my family has obvious Asiatic and Turkish looks, we also tend to be very muscular and tall compared to other Pakistanis.

I find the whole history of Iranic migration interesting and a likely origin for my people.

I don’t believe in the concocted Hindu version of Rajput origins, because I can see strong Central Asian elements in my own family culture.
How tall are you?:enjoy:
I am from the same area as you currently and almost ancestrely aswell. I am pretty tall (well above 6ft)and well built too. My dad says were kashmiri with a bit of afghan ,persian and maybe Indian long time back

O Bhai punjab ki dhoop main angrez bhi mussali ban Jaye
I laughed pretty hard at this one.
"Mussali" :rofl:

Nice depiction! Pakistan has a diverse set of ethnicity.

Can you debunk this "Syed" theory. I have high doubts they are descendants of our Holy Prophet ﷺ .

Syeds don't descend from the Prophet, but they do carry significant Middle-Eastern or Turkic ancestry from the Islamic era.

Don't you mean Iranian Neolithic Farmers?

The most recent paper found that the ancient Iranian admixture into the Indus Valley occurred much earlier than previously thought. These Iranians weren't Neolithic, they are closest to Hunter Gatherers. Farming may have independently arisen in the Indus Valley, rather than being brought by Neolithic Iranians.

https://www.cell.com/cell/pdf/S0092-8674(19)30967-5.pdf[/QUOTE]

Ive noticed this a lot here on defence.pk.You named everything but missed one..It wouldnt really hurt even if you acknowledge your ANI(Ancestors North Indian) ancestry regardless how small it is..Where do you think the you got the slight dark tinge from??
This is blatant racism that we commit sometimes due to our national rivalry...

Migration was from Pakistan into India, and not vice versa. Iranics came in various complexions, the Kushans were known for being dark skinned.

How tall are you?:enjoy:
I am from the same area as you currently and almost ancestrely aswell. I am pretty tall (well above 6ft)and well built too. My dad says were kashmiri with a bit of afghan ,persian and maybe Indian long time back

I am not that tall and am average height, but many people in my family are around 7 ft tall.

We are light skinned and well built, with Asiatic/Turkic features (hair color, hair growth, eye shape, etc.)

In addition to DNA from Iranic nomads, we intermarried heavily with Mughals.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom