What's new

new paf book launched

With indias IBG strategy, it makes sense to have a dedicated army CAS group comprising of NASR conventional and armed attack helos. Current inventory of 40 odd servisible helos is not sufficient numbers, we may need to double that figure for effective CAS in the desert areas where the main Indian push is likely.

Our IBGs are totally Integrated with the IAF

All the recent exercises have been joint exercises with IAF

The Indian Army has been refining different contingency plans in conjunction with the IAF to in its Cold Start exercises to further synergise the
integrated air-land fighting machinery

Last edited:
Our IBGs are totally Integrated with the IAF

All the recent exercises have been joint exercises with IAF

The Indian Army has been refining different contingency plans in conjunction with the IAF to in its Cold Start exercises to further synergise the
integrated air-land fighting machinery
Why then both army and airforce want their own armed helo sqdns

Why then both army and airforce want their own armed helo sqdns

Ego issues ; Secondly IA believes that IAF should operate only fixed wing planes

But for at least one more decade only IAF will operate the Attack Helicopters

Bit of a letdown but nice pics l guess
Depends on what you expected :happy:

Many photos have already been published elsewhere, it is not an in-depth study or 'the ultimate book on PAF' nor is it aimed at documenting all the units, their history, achievements and current status or exact aircraft/airframe overviews and timelines.

What it does do, is give a pictorial overview of the current PAF assets, main tasks and some behind the screen peeks of some of the air bases. Richly illustrated, easy to read and it is meant to lay casually on a side table for everyone to pick up and enjoy. (it has to be because of its landscape orientation it sticks out of my book shelves :unsure:.)

As such, there is not any other comparable recent monograph that does this on PAF, so I am happy with it - like most readers would be I am sure.

I know finding them in hard cover will be like a treasure hunt adventure,So where can I atleast find a PDF version?

Back
Top Bottom