What's new

New Mods - My nominations, please vote

Vote for my nominations (select multiple options)

• Total voters
Can you post them here instead of doing DM? If it is for privacy pls DM me too.
It was for privacy's sake, as I didnt want to cause them, jaibi, or myself any trouble.

I've talked to jaibi about the choices already, but I'll dm you the names anyway.

Can you post them here instead of doing DM? If it is for privacy pls DM me too.

Yep, that's the idea behind PDF mod team. If we are not doing this, we are failing.

Unfortunately yes some MODS are swayed by their own bias. I am interested in honest discourse and despite my own predilections when confronted by irrefutable evidence I too find myself swayed to the opposing point of view.
This is why I spend time here, to challenge my own world view and learn from a diverse group.

Interesting, and you didn't nominate anyone. It doesn't have to be from this list.
I don't come here to socialize so don't know anyone except a few I admire for their inputs on technical matters. If you still cannot find a sensible moderator in the sea of members here I would gladly take the responsibility myself because I want to see this forum prosper under the niche it was created and attract the same kind of people for debate and discussion.
There are plenty of other social media platforms for people to socialize en masse and the sanctity of this forum needs to be restored to the good old days when people used to come here to discuss complex defense matters and offer their valuable inputs. In an attempt to raise the website traffic those gems are now lost in the sea of trolls and gibberish that is a norm these days.
Not all is lost though as I have nominated and voted for @HannibalBarca from this list as well, other people I would have nominated have already distanced themselves from this forum I guess for the same reason.

(Different cooks, same recipe, similar results. :D )

This shows you are doing well. Keep safe mate. Long fight ahead.

Yep, that's the idea behind PDF mod team. If we are not doing this, we are failing.

Well, you can certainly try.

One pre-requisite, as a member who only reads (and sifts through mounds of nonsense) nowadays.
Have people who have maturity and know how to use their grey cells. That is sadly missing (usually)

What is this old-timers reunion group or sumthin? :o:

This shows you are doing well. Keep safe mate. Long fight ahead.

Well, you can certainly try.

One pre-requisite, as a member who only reads (and sifts through mounds of nonsense) nowadays.
Have people who have maturity and know how to use their grey cells. That is sadly missing (usually)

:o::o:

Doing well indeed, and wishing the same for you!

(I am content to sit on the sidelines for now as this is not my fight any longer. :D )

:o::o::o::o:

@Hellfire is that oldie @Joe Shearer still croaking? I am worried about him. If you are in touch then tell him to take care..

:o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o:

...paging @scorpionx for more :o:

Doing well indeed, and wishing the same for you!

(I am content to sit on the sidelines for now as this is not my fight any longer. :D )

Ah, am talking of the COVID-19

Cheers.

@Hellfire is that oldie @Joe Shearer still croaking? I am worried about him. If you are in touch then tell him to take care..

Not spoken to him since sometime. Am myself under the radar .... so to speak

What is this old-timers reunion group or sumthin?

Nah, one of those days when I do make an attempt to come out of 'self isolation'

Ah, am talking of the COVID-19

Cheers.

Doing my duty on the front lines already, as are both my sons. The next few weeks will be important, but then we should turn towards better trends. It will be stressful for a while, but it should all work out for the better.

Wishing everyone all the best in this regards.

I hope everyone is doing fine and safe during these interesting times. So anyways, we know that the modding situation has been developing and a lot needs to be worked on. Webby and I suggested including you guys in the process but the post is more gaphsap (I'm guilty too) rather than a serious discussion. So as we need to move ahead, I'm going to do something, I'm going to give you my nominations and you guys can just please vote to see how do you agree with my choice, eh? We can discuss them here too and you can nominate someone too but please be precise as to why do you think they'll be a good mod and how they meet the criteria.

My criteria are:

- Respect
I want someone who can both give and earn respect even when they are passionate about something

-Active
The user should be coming to PDF regularly within reasonable limits

-Neutral
I don't want someone who's biased. I want someone who'd stick to the enforcements of the rules and not be baited to become personal and if they think they are, they'd wisely ask for intervention before it becomes a problem

-Flexible
I want someone who can resolve conflicts and not think of themselves as someone who has authority over other members. Be professional, mate, please.

If you think someone like this has been missed please let me know and comment on my choice too.

NOMINATIONS:

@That Guy (very tactful at handling trolls)
@Philosopher (can direct disagreements, very rational)
@StormBreaker (balanced)
@Moonlight (balanced)
@HannibalBarca (personal views he can be neutral and tactful)
@Ace of Spades (based on review of most people)
You dude, its all you!
unnamed.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom