What's new

New Mods - My nominations, please vote

Vote for my nominations (select multiple options)

• Total voters
I thought you would say Make Mods great again.

No, I will be firing some of the Moderators who are out of the ahm aham ahm .. Auq ahm ahm
TRUMP-FIRED.jpg

My vote goes to @HannibalBarca
One of the most intelligent & even tempered poster in this forum.Also, I'm personally a fan of Hannibal as a general.:D
I hope everyone is doing fine and safe during these interesting times. So anyways, we know that the modding situation has been developing and a lot needs to be worked on. Webby and I suggested including you guys in the process but the post is more gaphsap (I'm guilty too) rather than a serious discussion. So as we need to move ahead, I'm going to do something, I'm going to give you my nominations and you guys can just please vote to see how do you agree with my choice, eh? We can discuss them here too and you can nominate someone too but please be precise as to why do you think they'll be a good mod and how they meet the criteria.

My criteria are:

- Respect
I want someone who can both give and earn respect even when they are passionate about something

-Active
The user should be coming to PDF regularly within reasonable limits

-Neutral
I don't want someone who's biased. I want someone who'd stick to the enforcements of the rules and not be baited to become personal and if they think they are, they'd wisely ask for intervention before it becomes a problem

-Flexible
I want someone who can resolve conflicts and not think of themselves as someone who has authority over other members. Be professional, mate, please.

If you think someone like this has been missed please let me know and comment on my choice too.

NOMINATIONS:

@That Guy (very tactful at handling trolls)
@Philosopher (can direct disagreements, very rational)
@StormBreaker (balanced)
@Moonlight (balanced)
@HannibalBarca (personal views he can be neutral and tactful)
@Ace of Spades (based on review of most people)

I hope everyone is doing fine and safe during these interesting times. So anyways, we know that the modding situation has been developing and a lot needs to be worked on. Webby and I suggested including you guys in the process but the post is more gaphsap (I'm guilty too) rather than a serious discussion. So as we need to move ahead, I'm going to do something, I'm going to give you my nominations and you guys can just please vote to see how do you agree with my choice, eh? We can discuss them here too and you can nominate someone too but please be precise as to why do you think they'll be a good mod and how they meet the criteria.

My criteria are:

- Respect
I want someone who can both give and earn respect even when they are passionate about something

-Active
The user should be coming to PDF regularly within reasonable limits

-Neutral
I don't want someone who's biased. I want someone who'd stick to the enforcements of the rules and not be baited to become personal and if they think they are, they'd wisely ask for intervention before it becomes a problem

-Flexible
I want someone who can resolve conflicts and not think of themselves as someone who has authority over other members. Be professional, mate, please.

If you think someone like this has been missed please let me know and comment on my choice too.

NOMINATIONS:

@That Guy (very tactful at handling trolls)
@Philosopher (can direct disagreements, very rational)
@StormBreaker (balanced)
@Moonlight (balanced)
@HannibalBarca (personal views he can be neutral and tactful)
@Ace of Spades (based on review of most people)

Bro @Philosopher is banned member, I have been here since long time but never had with him.

@WebMaster @Horus I can see that you guys are reshuffling the moderation team and that largely may be attributed to reasons only known to the admin, but some common members like myself do have some cognisance of the rudimentary causes behind this drive. I have seen a few names pop up as they are being endorsed by the members based on their personal views and likely so I too would like to share my two cents which have been well nurtured by what I have absorbed and experienced on this forum over the years. Here are my set of proposed qualities that should be well suited to a balanced moderator.

Pakistani at heart:
Pakistan should be the only priority (Those who value KSA, Iran, China, West and particularly USA over Pakistan are undeserving). The forum is called Pakistan defence and lucky for us, this is a rarity that there is a platform where Pakistani's can express themselves without having to worry about being muted for not being too Indian, WOKE, Feminist, Islamophobic and the list goes on. Yeah!!!!!!!!! This isn't Dawn, Tribune, Facebook or Twitter where Pakistani voices can be squelched in support of foreign interests.

Religion:
Islam is Pakistan's identity. I am not saying that have Muslim moderators only, but ensure that expressions like 'Atheism is the answer, Islam has brought us nothing, we should shun our religion in support of western secularism etc etc' don't get to collide with the religious sentiments on the forum. Meaning don't have mods that are too open in their hatred of religions.

Positive Attitude:
Cordial interactions with mods for common users are a big attitude booster, therefore I gotta advise that please avoid those who are known for getting personal over trivial arguments and have to threaten members with negative ratings and bans. Bans and warnings should be used as last resort, goes without saying but people can be won over with a little respect.

Flexibility:
Mods should be open to diverging opinions and not like "May mod houn mughay ziada pata hay" or "Don't say things that I personally disagree with----Yeh loo warning or ban as I am the chaudry or chaudrani around here" :mod:. Members should be allowed to criticise any political and military elite without having to face the wrath of mod for insulting their ideal Imran Khan/ Nawaz/ Zardari or even General Bajwah.

Considerate:
Have mods who are well aware of Pakistan's social sensitivities and hold nationalistic sentiments in high regard. Those who vouch support for Mera Jism Meri Marzi or Let PTM thrive are ill suited for this task as they are bound to have friction with other members

Unbiased:
A mod shouldn't have any favourites amongst members and should treat everyone equally. Usually what happens is when certain members report or complain they get swift response from certain mods while sometimes complaints of serious nature get ignored. Also there is a strong bias in allotment of ratings and what you see are a selected few being honoured left and right. There are many other instances of favouritism, but I'll leave it at that

Disclaimer: I haven't used any names so please don't get any ideas, if you fit the profile then I cant help it ;).

Lastly, here are my nominations:

@El Sidd is not funny enough
@Mugwop Doesn't reside in Pakistan.

So iam left with no other choice but to nominate @Mentee

I've got one bad *** campaign manager, Sar jao saaray, thank you sheepistani :yahoo:

We should also have NOTA option like we get in elections

Jack Sparrow votes for Jack Sparrow!

Why go through all this.... whence....

Regardless,

@HannibalBarca enjoys my esteem...balanced, humane and yes, wise! ME/WA sections

@StormBreaker enjoys my respect for being PakPositive ... kind and never sticks in the mud of any form of hate... though he suffers from Love for Pakistan and PakArmedForces... seems deeply rooted afliction!

@Blacklight enjoys my respect because being balanced and more knowledgable than he lets off... good quality in people!

really sad to see only one or two serious nominations, rest have the mantle to easily turn this into a chit chat forum.

What does me being "too liberal" have to do with anything? Just don't give me a vote, instead of being rude.
I am not being rude. You would probably ban me for my conservative views. I already have some problem with eagle and I cant have bad relations with other mods

I am not being rude. You would probably ban me for my conservative views. I already have some problem with eagle and I cant have bad relations with other mods
I would not. There are plenty of conservative members I get along with just fine.

The only ones I have a problem with are the ones that resort to personal attacks, and that includes certain liberal members as well.

Everytime I've had a problem, I've contacted the mods, like I supposed to do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom