What's new

New JF-17 Sqn 'Phoenix' rises

That's cheating man, PGs won't be amused.
Hahaha, can't stop laughing....

Now there are Six JF-17 units on strength.
There are total of 100 JFT produced to date, of that 2 were lost in the accidents

Of 98 remaining, 8 were assigned to ccs, and the remaining 90 examples are divided equally in 5 squadrons. That is 5 squadrons of 18 JFT each.

Finally math adds up.

Next I think will be mirage 5PA squadron followed by ft-7 ocu squadron followed by ocu 22 squadron. In my openion all three of them will get JFT blk3 and JFT dual seat fighters

Jf new tank looks longer or length wise than 7ps tank so may just added a new mid section to old tank looks more size of mirage supersonic drop tank

Jf new tank looks longer or length wise than 7ps tank so may just added a new mid section to old tank looks more size of mirage supersonic drop tank

Exactly my thoughts too a few pages back but we may be wrong and unless there is an official disclosure or somebody takes out digital graphs of the pics and comes up with something conclusive, it remains all about optics.

One thing is for sure that Karma is extensively taking JF17 through the paces.

I hope we get to see some pics of the mirage drop tanks try outs on JF17 soon too. Adds another dimension with those bomb drop tanks too if it can handle all that weight, certainly takes care of the extra hard points debate as a bomber - again- if it can handle the weight.

In my opinion its primary objective will be Western front. It will form the third layer of defense on the Eastern front.
Something is afoot lets wait and see what happens

I have a question... currently we have 1 jf17 sq at karachi, 1 in Peshawer, 2 in Kamra, 1 CSS in Sargodha... There is big gap between Karachi and Sargodha.... only 1 sq of f16 at Shahbaz base, so why PAF deploying new sq at Quette???? I think we need to cover eastern border first... may be better to put them on Rafiqui basse....

I have a question... currently we have 1 jf17 sq at karachi, 1 in Peshawer, 2 in Kamra, 1 CSS in Sargodha... There is big gap between Karachi and Sargodha.... only 1 sq of f16 at Shahbaz base, so why PAF deploying new sq at Quette???? I think we need to cover eastern border first... may be better to put them on Rafiqui basse....
There is also one F-16s Squadron on New PAF base Bholari near Hyderabad. So Gap between Karachi and Shahbaz has been covered by this current deployment on New PAF Base Bholari.
So now Peshawer, Queta, Karachi, Kamra, Sargodha have JF-17 Squadrons. But at Sargodha its CCS Squadron.
No. 16 and 26 at Peshawar
No. 28 at Quetta
No. 2 at Karachi
No. 14 at Kamra + test and evaluation
CCS at Sargodha

Thanks

Also at Shahbaz there are two F-16s Squadrons, No. 5 Falcons and No. 11 Arrows

I loved the Wolves = Wolfpack idea but Pheonix is Just as fine quite a big fan of that bird

phoenix.jpg

Phoenix has a long history in the cultures of Pakistan. Good choice.

Has anyone noticed that the Army=uses Arabic names, Navy=Farsi ones and PAF=English ones.

Its Phoenix not "Huma". Though, I think I know why. (Same reason its High Court, not Aadalat-e-Alia) ;)

Exactly my thoughts too a few pages back but we may be wrong and unless there is an official disclosure or somebody takes out digital graphs of the pics and comes up with something conclusive, it remains all about optics.

One thing is for sure that Karma is extensively taking JF17 through the paces.

I hope we get to see some pics of the mirage drop tanks try outs on JF17 soon too. Adds another dimension with those bomb drop tanks too if it can handle all that weight, certainly takes care of the extra hard points debate as a bomber - again- if it can handle the weight.

Some people need to put their reading glasses on. Indeed, these tanks are certainly NOT from F7. Much bigger in size and capacity. Designed from scratch, However, they are doing through trials atm and may see some modifications. Purpose is to give JF better flight performance during MACH+ as oppose to the current ones in use.

Designed from scratch
Ok, if you say so, with or without the glasses, the semblence is still pretty uncanny. I have no problem either way is exactly what i stated earlier.

I agree with your post. Thanks for the explanation about its usefulness. Any engine needs whatever help it can get from aerodynamicly superior contours specially designed to help improve the performance at supersonic speeds.

Back
Top Bottom