What's new

New JF-17 Sqn 'Phoenix' rises

No 23 is still at smuggli ?? Along with no 28 ??
Yep Talons are there...though they were planned to move to another base for Safron Bandit.

An interesting observation.....when the PG's were stationed in Quetta....I would notice them flying sorties over the city almost everyday.....since they have been replaced by the thunders...the skies have gone silent...
By silent u mean less flying or no flying at all?

Yep Talons are there...though they were planned to move to another base for Safron Bandit.

By silent u mean less flying or no flying at all?
not that i have noticed...and believe me am out of my home by 10 in the morning and come back at 6 in the evening i havent noticed any flying in the past few days

just another thing that i would like to add....since the PG's were the latest to be inducted in the F-7 series i thought they would be the last to be replaced by the thunders and they probably would be....but the point that i dont understand is what prompted the squadron change??? @Hodor

not that i have noticed...and believe me am out of my home by 10 in the morning and come back at 6 in the evening i havent noticed any flying in the past few days

just another thing that i would like to add....since the PG's were the latest to be inducted in the F-7 series i thought they would be the last to be replaced by the thunders and they probably would be....but the point that i dont understand is what prompted the squadron change??? @Hodor
That Squadron (17) Shifted to Peshawar.

was quette not holding 2 f-7pg squadrons? is this the assumption that quetta will now have 3 squadrons? 2 F-7PG and 1 JFT?

size comparison is difficult, we can see that shape is very identical to those of the tanks carried by F-7Pg's on a regular basis. those 60's era tanks are 480 L not weighing more than 500KG when fully packed with fuel. JFT underbelly does not look a whole lot bigger than tanks carried on f-7. it might be bigger in size as JFT under carriage hard point could support upto 1100 KG of load. but it do not look bigger. and the science looks exactly same as that of F-7PG tanks. By the way F-7 fuel tanks are manufactured at Kamra.

You can believe whatever you want, these are not plucked from f7 inventory. They are Prototype, not even got paint on it.

What's your beef? 60s tech? Because it's pointy or what?

I hope we get to see some pics of the mirage drop tanks try outs on JF17 soon too. Adds another dimension with those bomb drop tanks too if it can handle all that weight, certainly takes care of the extra hard points debate as a bomber - again- if it can handle the weight.

Hi,

Those ' bomb carrying ' drop tanks depend on the load carrying capacity of the wing and the hard point----.

Hi,

If the JF17 has been suited to take on the F7PG's tanks---then it is good news---at least someone had their thinking caps on---.

We will have a lots of F7PG fuel tanks and if we can use the current inventory---nothing wrong with it.

Unless there is a design change to have the squarish Grippen NG type fuel tanks---that is a different story---.

I would use the F7PG tanks on the JF17---.

Unless there is a design change to have the squarish Grippen NG type fuel tanks---that is a different story---.
Hi and thank you for your earlier reply which I second.

Also, from what I've read, the design of fuel tanks certainly depends on the weight that can be carried and is a trade off between drag vs volume - the key factor driving the equation is the engine and the appropriate analogy that comes to mind is horses for courses.

There may be a chance that more than one shape and size of fuel tank becomes standard for JF17 multi-role fighter. The number, size and shape of the tanks depending on the mission or role at hand.

The fact that we see pictures of JF17 with new drop tanks gives us a peek that the aircraft is being put through the paces by PAC with its own design tweaks too, something that was only visibly synonymous with CAC in the past with JF17.

The last modp report showed 130 jf drop tanks for 1.x million dollars so a large inventory of f7 drop tanks can be re used saving millions may be hundreds of millions

The last modp report showed 130 jf drop tanks for 1.x million dollars so a large inventory of f7 drop tanks can be re used saving millions may be hundreds of millions

is f-7 fuel tanks qualified for JFT.

but the tank on JFT looks bigger than that of F-7

20 posts in more than 10 years and a very specific questions regarding PAF squadron placement. I wonder if you are a Pakistani as your flag shows?

@mods, please check his IP

I have a question... currently we have 1 jf17 sq at karachi, 1 in Peshawer, 2 in Kamra, 1 CSS in Sargodha... There is big gap between Karachi and Sargodha.... only 1 sq of f16 at Shahbaz base, so why PAF deploying new sq at Quette???? I think we need to cover eastern border first... may be better to put them on Rafiqui basse....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom