Reaction score
Country
United States
1ypDRbe.jpg

ytkb3K7.jpg

z0HeVT2.jpg

O3hSPXi.jpg

xktjsVV.jpg

The Kestrel has a scalable 22.5 ton to 26 ton gross vehicle weight and can carry 10+2 people inside. The design includes a front left engine placement that enables better space utilization. The vehicle has an 8x8 under chassis driveline with a double wishbone type independent hydro pneumatic suspension, with the front two axles being steerable. The Kestrel has a turning radius of 19 metres and the tyres have the run flat capability, with the central tyre inflation system (CTIS) coming as standard.

Unlike many wheeled combat vehicles, the Kestrel is fully amphibious and does not require any preparation before entering water. It is propelled by a rear mounted water jet.

The Kestrel's ballistic protection has been designed to protect the occupants from threat levels ranging from Stanag I to Stanag IV, depending on the application. The monocoque comprises of a welded armour steel hull with applique and inner composite spall liner. The protection modules can be replaced in a short time frame to increase or decrease the protection level. The bottom of the hull is guarded by blast protection up to Stanag III. The seats are designed to reduce the impact of any external force, providing additional protection.

They also have a tracked chassis in advance stages. Both of which will used as their proposal to replace the aging BMP2s.

This latest model has a slight face lift compared to the one shown in the def expo.

They also have a tracked chassis in advance stages. Both of which will used as their proposal to replace the aging BMP2s.

Is Indian Army evaluating these platforms? Since this has been developed in partnership with DRDO, likely a direct order is to be placed or it will be an open tender? If so who other competitors in this segment and when will these be finally inducted? VRDE is also developing a BMP-2 upgrade I suppose.

1ypDRbe.jpg

ytkb3K7.jpg

z0HeVT2.jpg

O3hSPXi.jpg

xktjsVV.jpg

This latest model has a slight face lift compared to the one shown in the def expo.

Hope the army selects this

@Water Car Engineer do you want to call your best friend? :P

He'll just find some excuse. :lol:

Is Indian Army evaluating these platforms? Since this has been developed in partnership with DRDO, likely a direct order is to be placed or it will be an open tender? If so who other competitors in this segment and when will these be finally inducted? VRDE is also developing a BMP-2 upgrade I suppose.

They will be very soon.

This is for a separate program from the FICV, but it's fair to say this is branched off from their wheeled FICV.

it,s look good, which weapons can it be fitted............?
as like btr...............:raise:
BTR-82A_wheeled_armoured_vehicle_personnel_carrier_Russia_Russian_army_001.jpg

Anything the customer wants. It can even be fitted with BMP2s turrent produced by OFB if they like.

At the last expo, it was fitted with an unmanned, Danish turret.

kestrel.jpg
can you plz provide me any link where i can read details.....................:pop:

Back
Top Bottom