What's new

New Generation of Pakistani and Bangladeshi

even though there are aspects of Urdu grammar which can be difficult or inconsistent, Urdu is not a difficult language to learn

in fact everyone in the world at some point in their lives should learn Urdu language

Okay guys, Back to the Topic please!!

I treat Bangladeshis as equally as I treat my Pakistani brothers. I still consider them within the domain of Pakistan because they choose to be with Pakistan after Independence, rejecting the congress and India.

There were legitimate reasons for the official divorce between the two families, the younger bengali brothers had been socially, economically, politically, etc. deprived for years by the ruling military/political elites in Karachi and Islamabad that were unwilling to compromise n share power.

However, I equally despise their leadership, especially Mujib ur Rehman and his daughter Shaykha Hasina in Bangladesh and ZA Bhutto and his nefarious PPP, who allowed separation to take place so they could remain in power. Both of these parties are in power today, both have evolved into power hungry secular dynasties, and equally destructive and ideologically opposed to the spirit of the Constitution and Judicial systems of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Both these parties sowed hatred against each other that led to fighting and eventual separation.

Time has exposed the traitors within, once again to the masses.

One positive thing is that the new generation in Bangladesh doesn't carry hatred for Pakistanis as the earlier generation. My interaction with oversees Bengali students had been very positive in this regard. I tell them that their Parents that were born before 71 are all Pakistanis, even though some dont agree with the association but we all have a good laugh :lol:

Regarding Urdu, it is the language that did not belong to any of the major ethnic groups of Pakistan hence it was a fair choice for all, Of course Bengalis still did not approve of it for various reasons, but on our part i hail from a Punjabi family yet at home we learnt Urdu as our first language and then consequently picked up Punjabi from our surroundings later on. Urdu is and will remain the national language of Pakistan, it binds us all together.

Brothers , we have to move forward and develop our relationship between Bangladesh and Pakistan based on future development and prosperity. We need to build and develop trade and everything else will fall in line. Nothing brings people together than Economic Cooperation. Let the citizens of both Bangladesh and Pakistan develop their economies and reach prosperity through mutual trade and cooperation.

Well, when Pakistan was created, it wasn't just for mejority were muslims but muslims then wanted a muslim state. Now Urdu was chosen and chaos broke out in former East Pakistan. Now because pakistan was a muslim country don't you think the leaders then should've chosen language of Prophet Muhammad (S) (ARABIC) as a national language? Don't you think it was logical. I know Arabic is tought in schools but it is the language of our din islam. So shouldn't the people at the time choose arabic?

By the way, bengali is a shanskrit and it's alphabets are shanskrit and hindi, bengali, gujrati, urdu etc share a load of commons.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Brothers , we have to move forward and develop our relationship between Bangladesh and Pakistan based on future dovelopment and prosperity. We need to build and develop trade and everything will fall in line. Nothing brings people together than Economic Cooperation. Let both the citizens of both Bangladesh and Pakistan develop their economies and reach prosperity through mutual trade and cooperation.

agreed..............................

Well, when Pakistan was created, it wasn't just for mejority were muslims but muslims then wanted a muslim state. Now Urdu was chosen and chaos broke out in former East Pakistan. Now because pakistan was a muslim country don't you think the leaders then should've chosen language of Prophet Muhammad (S) (ARABIC) as a national language? Don't you think it was logical. I know Arabic is tought in schools but it is the language of our din islam. So shouldn't the people at the time choose arabic?

By the way, bengali is a shanskrit and it's alphabets are shanskrit and hindi, bengali, gujrati, urdu etc share a load of commons.

Actually Jinnah favoured Arabic over persian, the Shah of Iran asked Jinnah to make persian the national language. Jinnah immediately rejected the Idea.

Arabic was dropped because it wasn't the language of convenience for Indian Muslims. Muslim League communicated in Urdu and founding fathers of Pakistan adopted Urdu despite of coming from diff ethnicities. Iqbal was kashmiri, Jinnah was Sindhi, etc. but they settled upon Urdu. Then why were some Bengali rulers being pushed?

It was all power play believe me. politicians hungry for power would do anything to come to power, and language/race card was one of them.

Actually Jinnah favoured Arabic over persian, the Shah of Iran asked Jinnah to make persian the national language. Jinnah immediately rejected the Idea.

Arabic was dropped because it wasn't the language of convenience for Indian Muslims. Muslim League communicated in Urdu and founding fathers of Pakistan adopted Urdu despite of coming from diff ethnicities. Iqbal was kashmiri, Jinnah was Sindhi, etc. but they settled upon Urdu. Then why were some Bengali rulers being pushed?

It was all power play believe me. politicians hungry for power would do anything to come to power, and language/race card was one of them.

I dont know about Jinnah preffering arabic.. but i do know tht he was not a sindhi but a Rajput from Kathiawar,sindh...though he was born in Karachi,sindh.

bad luck for muslims. we are stupid and greedy. If indians can make english, totally foreign language, their national language, but former pakistanis couldn't even keep their own religious language as a national language. Shame actualy!

I dont know about Jinnah preffering arabic.. but i do know tht he was not a sindhi but a Rajput from Kathiawar,sindh...though he was born in Karachi,sindh.
Jinnah being born in Karachi is what makes him a son of Sindh. Despite of having Kashmiri background, Iqbal is still a Sialkoti b/c he was born there

bad luck for muslims. we are stupid and greedy. If indians can make english, totally foreign language, their national language, but former pakistanis couldn't even keep their own religious language as a national language. Shame actualy!
Thats right...our leadership is greedy and power hungry. we need to select honest and credible muslim leaders.

Arabic wasn't practical because no one spoke arabic, and same with farsi...

Speaking of Urdu, I got a question for my Bengali bros.
I have come across many Bengali, who I accidentally assumed could speak urdu.
So I would start to speak to them in Urdu and in every single case they would give me a little smirk and say "I don't speak YOUR language"

Why do they say that?
why not just say "I don't speak hindi/urdu"

Is this a cultural thing or am I just a little crazy? :cheesy:

Hindsight is twenty twenty but had Jinnah made ENGLISH as national language, both Pakistan and Bangladesh would have been on a different Plateau and maybe even together today. This way we would have avoided the hurt feelings and made Pakistan an English speaking country to benefit from literature in Technology. They could have made Arabic as another required foreign language and that would have provided jobs in the Middle East market.

Hindsight is twenty twenty but had Jinnah made ENGLISH as national language, both Pakistan and Bnagladesh would have been on a different Plateau and maybe even together today. This way we would have avoided the hurt feelings and made Pakistan an English speaking country to benefit from literature in Technology. They could have made Arabic as another required foreign language and that would have provided jobs in the Middle East market.

Very well said!:)

Hindsight is twenty twenty but had Jinnah made ENGLISH as national language, both Pakistan and Bnagladesh would have been on a different Plateau and maybe even together today. This way we would have avoided the hurt feelings and made Pakistan an English speaking country to benefit from literature in Technology. They could have made Arabic as another required foreign language and that would have provided jobs in the Middle East market.

yes and might even be a british coloney

The All India Muslim League was founded in Dhaka. It appears to me that the Bengali leaders said "Yes! Yes! Urdu! Urdu! It's more Arabish, and hence we can feel more Muslimish!" :rofl:

After 24 years, Pakistan got smashed into two. And Bangladesh politically still went downhill, even today.

^This.

Speaking of Urdu, I got a question for my Bengali bros.
I have come across many Bengali, who I accidentally assumed could speak urdu.
So I would start to speak to them in Urdu and in every single case they would give me a little smirk and say "I don't speak YOUR language"

Why do they say that?
why not just say "I don't speak hindi/urdu"

Is this a cultural thing or am I just a little crazy? :cheesy:

Even before 1971, very, very few Bengalis actually spoke Urdu. So, do not be surprised if you see Bangladeshis today who do not know Urdu. No hidden agenda there ;)

So says a kid with a DOG as his Avitar.

It's a puppy! :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom