What's new

New Delhi police fire water cannon at India rape protest

The constable suffered heart attack after being injured and died because of heart attack.

Mr Tomar, 45, had also suffered a heart attack after being injured on Sunday.

Constable injured during Sunday's protest at India Gate dies | NDTV.com

RIP... a person lost his life is always unacceptable.

The protesters, Delhi police and govt. must be help responsible for it.

1. Delhi police for fielding un-equipped and untrained people to handle, inability to identify the bad element among protesters, end result .....death of a son/ father/ brother
  2. Govt. is for for very lax attitude, shying away form responsibility to cool things down and not providing enough funds/ approval for police reforms. All of these a person lost his life and left a family behind to suffer.
  3. Protesters - there was no reason to go violent and take some one's life. The culprits must be identified and punished.

RIP... a person lost his life is always unacceptable.

The protesters, Delhi police and govt. must be help responsible for it.

1. Delhi police for fielding un-equipped and untrained people to handle, inability to identify the bad element among protesters, end result .....death of a son/ father/ brother
  2. Govt. is for for very lax attitude, shying away form responsibility to cool things down and not providing enough funds/ approval for police reforms. All of these a person lost his life and left a family behind to suffer.
  3. Protesters - there was no reason to go violent and take some one's life. The culprits must be identified and punished.

Who can be responsible for his heart attack? The constable died of heart attack.

We can't afford to divert our attention from the real issue.

Who can be responsible for his heart attack? The constable died of heart attack.

Who can be responsible? Showing your true colours even more clearly, eh? What a pathetic excuse...

Who is responsible? I'm disappointed by your attitude to defend this act.

News papers are reporting totally different. He was beaten by few people and those must be identified and booked at least under section 307.

Extracts from HT...
On Sunday, Tomar was officially deployed at Ramlila Ground where Yoga guru Ramdev was supposed to hold protests.

But since Ramdev's supporters marched towards India Gate, Tomar and his colleagues followed them there, where agitators assaulted him by running over him again and again after he fell on the road.

All just to highlight here that in past I've watched a documentary of a Delhi Police cop who never took any leave for sickness, festivals, attending marriage or other function for more than last 10 years.

Unfortunately he was the guy. I'm really sad to loose such dedicated person. RIP

subhash-chand-tomar-50d98c59e9ea8_l.jpg

But news papers are reporting totally different. He was beaten by few people and those must be identified and booked at least under section 307.

Extracts from HT...

Saw a report which suggests that 8 people including one who was supposed to be a Kejriwal party member had been arrested for the assault & are out on bail. Seems likely that the case will now be changed from assault & attempt to murder to murder.

Dude!! He was seriously injured during the attack..

The way the protest is turning out.. The real issue will take a back seat..

People are using these protests for personal interest...

A very bad news that constable had to die!!! RIP to his soul!! 8 AAP members has been arrested for this!!

Nirbhaya’s condition worsening, say doctors

NEW DELHI: With each passing day, the condition of Nirbhaya — as TOI has symbolically named the victim — is deteriorating. Doctors say internal bleeding started on Sunday night due to clotting of blood vessels.

Her platelet count and white blood cell (WBC) count have shot up. Doctors, however, say it is due to the supplementation.

On Sunday, there was severe bleeding in her abdominal cavity. Doctors attribute it to Disseminated Intravascular Coagulopathy, a condition in which clots are formed in blood vessels. As these clots consume the coagulation proteins and platelets, normal coagulation is disrupted. "There is bleeding in the abdominal cavity. DIC has happened due to the infection and repeated blood transfusion. This was the prime reason for the sharp fall in her platelet count on Sunday. We are trying to control the bleeding. Compared to Sunday, her condition is not good today,'' said Dr M C Misra, chief of AIIMS Trauma Centre.

She has been given fresh frozen plasma, single donor plasma and platelet rich plasma to increase her platelet level. "The platelet count has gone up due to supplementation. Though her bilirubin level has come down to 5.5, white blood cell count has increased to 6,000 and urine output is normal, she continues to be critical because of internal bleeding. She also has high fever. We have not tried to take her off the ventilator,'' said Dr B D Athani, medical superintendent, Safdarjung Hospital.

On Monday, doctors carried out another psychiatric evaluation of the victim. They also spoke to the family to assess their condition. "She is psychologically composed. We asked her a lot of questions but there was no sign of anxiety or depression. We have started supportive psychotherapy. We are also providing psychiatric help to the family,'' said a senior psychiatric with Safdarjung Hospital.

Despite her deteriorating medical condition, doctors are still hopeful she will come through. "We have put her on a high dose of broad spectrum antibiotics. Once the infection is under control, she will recover fast,'' said a senior doctor.

Nirbhaya’s condition worsening, say doctors - The Times of India

Lets all pray for her, lets all pray that she remains alive till justice is served.

One darinda less.

Bareilly: Man sentenced to death for raping, killing minor girl in 2009- Uttar Pradesh- IBNLive

Bareilly: A sessions court here on Tuesday sent a man to gallows for raping and killing a minor Dalit girl in 2009. The seven-year-old girl was raped and killed by Ashok in Bhuta area of the district in May 2009, prosecution said.

The accused had buried the body of the girl under hay in Budhauli village. Later the body was recovered and a case was lodged against him.

On the basis of evidences on record, Special Judge UC Pandey held Ashok guilty and awarded the sentence.

Now why do I get the feeling that you have a vested interest in this agitation apart from getting justice for the girl or you are blinded by the hate? I see not an iota of sympathy from you for the fallen constable. And guess what - he fell doing his duty. Pathetic on your part. :disagree:

RIP to the brave soul. My condolences to his family.

Now why do I get the feeling that you have a vested interest in this agitation apart from getting justice for the girl or you are blinded by the hate? I see not an iota of sympathy from you for the fallen constable. And guess what - he fell doing his duty. Pathetic on your part. :disagree:

RIP to the brave soul. My condolences to his family.

You have the right to feel whatever way you want to feel it.

But how am I supposed to show sympathy? RIP, happy now?

BTW, I am concerned with the girl's deteriorating health right now. It is my right to be concerned with whatever I want.

Delhi Police constable injured during anti-rape protests dies

NEW DELHI: A 47-year-old Delhi Police constable, who suffered serious injuries during violent protests at India Gate on Sunday, died on Tuesday after battling for life in a city hospital.

Subhash Chand Tomar was on ventilator since his admission at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital on Sunday evening.

"With deep regret, we have to inform you constable Subhash Chand Tomar succumbed to his injuries at 6:40AM today," Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar said.

Tomar, a graduate in arts, hailed from Meerut in Uttar Pradesh.

He was posted in Karawal Nagar area and was called for maintaining law and order at India Gate area during the protests on Sunday over the gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl on December 16.

Tomar, who joined the police in 1987, was found lying injured on Tilak Marg and was rushed to the hospital.

As a mark of respect, the Delhi Police decided that all personnel will donate one day's salary to Tomar's family.

Police had already arrested eight persons, including an activist of Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party, earlier and charged them with attempt to murder in connection with the injuries caused to Tomar.

A senior police official said murder charges will be now added to the case

Delhi Police constable injured during anti-rape protests dies - The Times of India

I was there on Sunday with my camera. I reached at around 9 in the morning. There were very few people then. The p[olice were requesting the public to go away from India Gate as Sec. 144 was in effect.

After that the people started to walk around the India Gate hexagon again and again. Only when the group reached vijay chowk again did we saw a large number of people blocking the road and destroying public property.

The crown was ill-mannered to be true. The women protesting near the India Gate were peaceful.

I don't know who they were but some people did hijacked the entire protest and destroyed many cars and other public property. For me, by 2pm the protest became a failure as the real reason why people assembled there was sidelined.

Back
Top Bottom