What's new

New Delhi police fire water cannon at India rape protest

Not because it cant becoz it does not want ...... How did they pass FDI bill ..did nt you see that? If there is will there is way....but if there is no will there is hell................ This gov is taking this country to hell............

Don't talk rubbish please, FDI was an executive decision, no bill was needed. Only a vote happened. The Government has no jurisdiction in matters legal, only the courts do and until they pronounce sentence, the government can do nothing.

It's really really sad, but the poor girl.. Will she ever be able to become normal.. May she survive and god gives her the courage to come out of her pain.

Without intestines... I don't know how long... plus there is a chance of infection. I can't even think of someone without intestines.

Dude, we are not living in a dictatorship is all I can say..

In the Parliament, all the opposition parties unanimously supported an emergency session for this issue only, now how many days have passed and why wasn't the Govt ready to sit together with the oppositions? What is wrong with the Govt?

Death penalty can be given in open and shut situations but need to be careful for cases with circumstantial evidences as it can be as easily misused as a 498a clause.

Bhai app log LAW ko ham se jada jante ho par.... Kab tak iske misuse se darte rahoge....
Aakhir yahi toh kami hai hum logo ki Use ki baatein kam uske Misuse ki baatein jada karne lagte hai.... Misuse agar kuch hua hai is desh me toh hai ki is desh kuch Use hi nhi hua......
Death Penalty is must for such breed..... not less .....

Even if the change is made in laws today, they do not apply from a back date. So this crime will have to be tried as per existing laws.

Yeah, I read that somewhere and this is one of the reasons people came on the streets.

Yeah, I read that somewhere and this is one of the reasons people came on the streets.

Yaar.. Just put them in jail with general population.. They will anyway be raped to death in a month

Don't talk rubbish please, FDI was an executive decision, no bill was needed. Only a vote happened. The Government has no jurisdiction in matters legal, only the courts do and until they pronounce sentence, the government can do nothing.

Dear I dont know much about kind of bill... I was trying to here was activeness of MMS gov even risking their own gov. Secondly I am not saying that gov. should announce death penalty in this particular case but bring a fresh law which has a death provision in rape cases.... & hearing of this case should be done as per new amended law... If again a amendment is required for hearing this case under a new law bring it.... Need a death penalty dont require any excuses of gov & RATIONAL HEAD.....

You treat this as an isolated event but it is the culmination of people's frustrations over government and police inaction over several such incidents for years. And this freaking evil happens time and again in the capital of India. What do you want people to do? Violence should be deplored as it is vested elements with malicious intent bent on causing trouble but beyond that, it is time the GOI realises that it can't stay inactive. You have asked what GOI should do apart from arresting the culprits. Increase the police force and better patrolling will help - treat this situation similar to the situation in 1980s and 1990s when security in Delhi was top notch to prevent militancy. Pass amendments such that any rape incidents are treated severely and fast justice is provided.

P.S - I, for once, see a different newer generation Indians who are losing that Chalthai hai attitude. Hats off to them except to the morons causing violence.
Fair enough and it seems the GoI has listened in a serious way. They have launched many inatives and measures to stem the issue.

Whats the stance of opposition (other then point scoring)? Are they promising more strict measures/ laws, once elected?

Opposition is more opportunistic than gov. which is why people are up in arms against the gov. & even whole political class of this country..... Whoever is ruling has also left us in no option situation....

Opposition is more opportunistic than gov. which is why people are up in arms against the gov. & even whole political class of this country..... Whoever is ruling has also left us in no option situation....

Pakistan developed a good lawyers movement for CJ, any chances that Lawyers can help in guiding the public fury towards a better legislation?

Bhai app log LAW ko ham se jada jante ho par.... Kab tak iske misuse se darte rahoge....
Aakhir yahi toh kami hai hum logo ki Use ki baatein kam uske Misuse ki baatein jada karne lagte hai.... Misuse agar kuch hua hai is desh me toh hai ki is desh kuch Use hi nhi hua......

Part of my response from a previous post here -

Pass amendments such that any rape incidents are treated severely and fast justice is provided.

Having stated that, what I am calling for is caution when it comes to death penalty and proper provisions baked in to prevent its misuse.

Pakistan developed a good lawyers movement for CJ, any chances that Lawyers can help in guiding the public fury towards a better legislation?

at this stage its purely anger of people in this country, Lawyers may be helping but not like what happened in paakistan........

Our sick south Asian mentality of machoism is to be blamed.. Unless police tightens the screws, more cases are not followed to logical conclusions, more SOBs will be born...

Declare Sharia law and get those criminals balls chopped off. Reintroduce yourself to democracy once justice has been served :sniper:

Bhai darne ke baat nahi hai idhar, kitni log hain jinhe rape cases main convict kya hai, kitno ko punishment mills hai according to the existing laws bhi? Law ko strong banane ke liye sirf strict law likhna jarrori nahi hota, usee poori tarah se implement karna bhi chaiye... Jo hamare desh main nahi hota...

Problem kahin aur hai aur hum diya liye kisi aur disha main nikal pade hain...

Bhai darne ke baat nahi hai idhar, kitni log hain jinhe rape cases main convict kya hai, kitno ko punishment mills hai according to the existing laws bhi? Law ko strong banane ke liye sirf strict law likhna jarrori nahi hota, usee poori tarah se implement karna bhi chaiye... Jo hamare desh main nahi hota...

Problem kahin aur hai aur hum diya liye kisi aur disha main nikal pade hain...

Aap bhi sahi keh rahe ho maalik... par mujhe nhi lagta jab tak hum sote rahenge tab tak koi kaam nhi bane wala ........
kuch sahi karna padega ab...... enough is enough.....

Back
Top Bottom