What's new

New Delhi police fire water cannon at India rape protest

they did block the way. but did not start any attack.blocking the way is not violent thats a form of protest.
my second reply was to shamk9

Do me a favour, reread the excerpt I quoted.. Reckon you missed the point.

all those regarding that pipeline itself??

LOL, of course not. :P

1) The big one in Qidong where they forced the Mayor to strip was due to an Industrial Waste pipeline.

2) The one in Wukan was due to land-grabbing and corruption by local officials.

3) The massive one in Dalian was due to pollution concerns over a Chemical plant.

Result? The Government backed down every single time:

1) BBC News - China Qidong waste water pipeline scrapped after protest

2) BBC News - Deal in China rebel village Wukan welcomed

3) BBC News - China protest closes toxic chemical plant in Dalian

They are all protests in villages . Can you tell me major protests in Beijing or Shanghai ?

These are all very big cities in China, and Qidong in particular is only a little north of Shanghai's main center. WTF you think Shanghai and Dalian are villages? :lol:

Do me a favour, reread the excerpt I quoted.. Reckon you missed the point.

break the barriers part??there were 1000s of students in a congested place..so obviously the barricades wouldnt be a deterrent to them..i dont they did it intentionally or they did that after the police provocation
Delhi gangrape: Protesters brave water cannons, teargas, lathicharge to demand justice- Delhi- IBNLive
got the vedio..look for yourself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3yPJInGqHA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LafpFrvIQ68

These are all very big cities in China, and Qidong in particular is only a little north of Shanghai's main center. WTF you think Shanghai and Dalian are villages? :lol:

Don't make fool of yourself !

We all know What Chinese Authority does if case protests happens in Beijing or Shanghai .. Remember Tianmen square incident!

Come to me again if major protests in cities of Beijing not north of it or west of it !

just let us know that you are alive or not if you take part in those protests ! :D :D

LOL, of course not. :P

1) The big one in Qidong where they forced the Mayor to strip was due to an Industrial Waste pipeline.

2) The one in Wukan was due to land-grabbing and corruption by local officials.

3) The massive one in Dalian was due to pollution concerns over a Chemical plant.

Result? The Government backed down every single time:

1) BBC News - China Qidong waste water pipeline scrapped after protest

2) BBC News - Deal in China rebel village Wukan welcomed

3) BBC News - China protest closes toxic chemical plant in Dalian

so...are protests only way to express the displeasure in the public??or can people interact with govt officials..i'm getting interested in ur bureaucracy.innindia protests are the last resort..mainly media and opposition does the work here..although the latter is mainly with political ambitions

Don't make fool of yourself !

We all know What Chinese Authority does if case protests happens in Beijing or Shanghai .. Remember Tianmen square incident!

Come to me again if major protests in cities of Beijing not north of it or west of it !

just let us know that you are alive or not if you take part in those protests ! :D :D

What an idiot. :lol:

There were 180,000 protests in China in one year, and I have attended many of these protests personally.

I was even in the Article 26 protests as well, with my friends and family. We are all still here, sorry to disappoint you. :no:

But you can take it up with the BBC who covered all of these protests, I guess the BBC must have faked it right?

so...are protests only way to express the displeasure in the public??or can people interact with govt officials..i'm getting interested in ur bureaucracy

Millions of people flood into Beijing every year to "petition" the National Government. Usually to complain about corruption and bad officials.

The system of "petitioning" the Government is very old and has existed since China's earliest dynasties.

Lets not bring China into this, we've got a bigger problem in our own country. A pathetic government which jails ordinary citizens drawing cartoons, yet failing miserably to give justice to a lady who got raped brutally.

Though at times i act like hardcore nationalist, but incidents like these makes me feel ashamed to call myself an Indian.

Millions of people flood into Beijing every year to "petition" the National Government. Usually to complain about corruption and bad officials.

oh..do u have any independent entity to deal with such practices..like we have c.v.c,a.c.b??what if people dont like the policy decisions of the govt..like fuel rate hike or electricity hike..

Man, I remember Indians laughing about the protests in Beijing over the high-speed rail project.

Now apparently these protests never happened?

Beijing protest takes aim at high speed rail project - MSN

oh..do u have any independent entity to deal with such practices..like we have c.v.c,a.c.b??what if people dont like the policy decisions of the govt..like fuel rate hike or electricity hike..

No we don't. This is the biggest problem, a lack of independent oversight bodies.

In HK we have the ICAC against corruption but it's not in the mainland yet.

Lets not bring China into this, we've got a bigger problem in our own country. A pathetic government which jails ordinary citizens drawing cartoons, yet failing miserably to give justice to a lady who got raped brutally.

Though at times i act like hardcore nationalist, but incidents like these makes me feel ashamed to call myself an Indian.

india has nothing to do with it..its the indians who are responsible for this.which means ourselves...we have a gr8 legacy but were unable to maintain it..a great person once said
"IN A DEMOCRACY PEOPLE GET THE GOVT THEY DESERVE" how true isnt it...

Man, I remember Indians laughing about the protests in Beijing over the high-speed rail project.

Now apparently these protests never happened?

Beijing protest takes aim at high speed rail project - MSN

No we don't. This is the biggest problem, a lack of independent oversight bodies.

In HK we have the ICAC against corruption but it's not in the mainland yet.

oh..what about judiciary???do u have independent judiciary???is judiciary above the govt or govt above the judiciary

oh..what about judiciary???do u have independent judiciary???is judiciary above the govt or govt above the judiciary

No. That is the biggest problem for me.

No independent judiciary. No independent oversight bodies.

Which is why a lot of mainland businesses still feel safer down here in HK, because we have an independent judiciary.

It is a really big problem in the mainland, and leads to a lot of injustices for a lot of people.

What an idiot. :lol:

There were 180,000 protests in China in one year, and I have attended many of these protests personally.

I was even in the Article 26 protests as well, with my friends and family. We are all still here, sorry to disappoint you. :no:

But you can take it up with the BBC who covered all of these protests, I guess the BBC must have faked it right?

All those 80000+ protests are tiny-tiny protests happens in some villages not in Beijing or Shanghai (Power centers), They are not allowed.

If you can not understand English well , then don't blame me !

China feared like hell when protests surged in Arab world .

Back
Top Bottom