What's new

New Delhi police fire water cannon at India rape protest

Finally my city has woken up to the threat from these criminals. I hope things change now , in Delhi ,and elsewhere.

unfortunately..things like thse are just temporary..i'll bet..after a week u dnt even see the news of any protests

No. That is the biggest problem for me.

No independent judiciary. No independent oversight bodies.

Which is why a lot of mainland businesses still feel safer down here in HK, because we have an independent judiciary.

It is a really big problem in the mainland, and leads to a lot of injustices for a lot of people.
thanks for ur ans man

Delhi nahi badlega, kamino ka sehar hai Delhi.

hahahahahaha...so much frustration

121222042820-03-india-protest-1222-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Ohh This is terrible and pathetic, no respect for the women, look how they are carrying her, thats rude and cruel police.

Delhi nahi badlega, kamino ka sehar hai Delhi.

Yeah that's why thousands were on the streets today braving the cold , braving the police's lathis. That is why Delhi was at the forefront of the recent Anti-corruption campaign in India. They went to Mumbai after Delhi and found the grounds were half empty. Common Delhiites are the biggest victims of criminals like these who , by the way are mostly not Delhiites , even in this case of Gang rape.

Delhiites may be a lot of things , but you can never doubt their patriotism.

unfortunately..things like thse are just temporary..i'll bet..after a week u dnt even see the news of any protests

thanks for ur ans man

hahahahahaha...so much frustration

There will be a tougher law , i am telling you and fast track courts for rapists as well , which is certain now. This will help the whole country.Rapes won't stop happening but there would be a change in the long run , i am sure.

There will be a tougher law , i am telling you and fast track courts for rapists as well , which is certain now. This will help the whole country.Rapes won't stop happening but there would be a change in the long run , i am sure.

lets hope so...i saw 4 rape news in yesterday's and todays paper even after the incident..and worst one was a 3 yr old grl from delhi itself..todays hindu..

break the barriers part??there were 1000s of students in a congested place..so obviously the barricades wouldnt be a deterrent to them..i dont they did it intentionally or they did that after the police provocation
Delhi gangrape: Protesters brave water cannons, teargas, lathicharge to demand justice- Delhi- IBNLive

I was strictly making a point on something mentioned in OP, the news item that you shared lately is irrelevant to what I have said and what you were extending.

Barricades mark limit, crowd under normal circumstances maintain some distance in fact police is sandwiched between two. Besides neither they are feathers that can be wafted nor they are so light that they can be displaced easily by vibrations produced in march. Whether students or senior citizens, restricted area is restricted, no one is supposed to break through the security barriers blocking access to sensitive buildings.

121222042842-09-india-protest-1222-horizontal-gallery.jpg

121222042845-10-india-protest-1222-horizontal-gallery.jpg

lets hope so...i saw 4 rape news in yesterday's and todays paper even after the incident..and worst one was a 3 yr old grl from delhi itself..todays hindu..

As i said , first the law will have to be amended. Even after that things will take some time to change. The change will be seen in the long run. Anyway, this outburst of anger was required.

Tougher law only for poor not applicable to rich people ,If you have money u can do anything in India.

I was strictly making a point on something mentioned in OP, the news item that you shared lately is irrelevant to what I have said and what you were extending.

Barricades mark limit, crowd under normal circumstances maintain some distance in fact police is sandwiched between two. Besides neither they are feathers that can be wafted nor they are so light that they can be displaced easily by vibrations produced in march. Whether students or senior citizens, restricted area is restricted, no one is supposed to break through the security barriers blocking access to sensitive buildings.
which is why i'm tryn to explain u ..the o.p need not be always correct
look at the pics above before commenting..and the vedios i recommended u...and decide for urself...u think the barricades can stop 1000 s of people??theyre just tryn to escape from the tear gas and water cannons..do u expect them to stand still??and i didnt see a single pic or a vedio where they tried to break any barricade..look for urself

Tougher law only for poor not applicable to rich people ,If you have money u can do anything in India.
heard about gali janardhan reddy and jagan??things are changing..ppl are becoming more active

you can have the toughest laws on earth and still won't do anything.
The solution to this problem is education.
Educate boys that it's not okay to herass girls
Educate Girls on how to keep themselves safe
And have make police and courts effective when it does happen.

i agree with you...mentality of the people must be changed..

Even if the poor get deterred from raping, that would at least be a start. Right now , even they are not scared.

Anyway, most of the sexual crimes happen in India among the poorer classes , as in this case.

Yes , but you see India is a poor country and many people are uneducated , now to educate such a large population it will take many decades , till that time we need tougher laws and their effective implementation.

Btw, even in rich developed countries like USA where most people are educated , rapes are very common.

Back
Top Bottom