What's new

new backbone of india : su-30mki vs rafale vs tejas mk2 ?

which fighter is our new backbone ???

• Su-30MKI

Votes: 31 67.4%
  • Rafale

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Tejas mk 2

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
we are talking about iaf's future bro.
@confound thinker post your views here bro u are just liking all posts here.:ashamed:
In case Tejas MK@ becomes the backbone of IAF ,i don't think there is nothing to be ashamed of...
Not that Mk2 is going to be better than MKI or Rafale...
but I thing the title backbone should be decide in terms of versatility,flexibility,sheer size,and usefulness(not only under war but also under normal peacetime conditions)
Just like our backbone is one of the most versatile,flexible,biggest and most widely used bones in our body(I may be totally wrong here..I don't have the slightest of ideas about the inside structures of human body)
Similarly Mk2 if inducted in large numbers will be a very versatile,useful and large(not only in terms of numbers but also in terms of the total no of sorties generated) fighter.
Since the indigenous component in it will be the maximum among the give three and given the fact that it is only single engine fighter among the given three ,it is almost certain that it will have an operating cost significantly lower than the other three.
So it will be the fighter which will be maximum used,i.e maximum no of sorties.
The logic to my above assumption being that suppose we induct 200 mk2(assuming fully multirole and 4.5 gen) and we will have 272 MKI and assume 189 rafales(126+the follow on 63)in the future.Then due to its low cost of operation and indigenous factor the MK2 may see more action than MKI and Rafaels
But this situation can entirely change in the scenario of a conflict.And the possibility of a large scale conflict in the next 30 years being low MK2 may turn out to be the backbone based on the above criterion.

MK2 can be casually used by the IAF without much financial burden while the MKIs and rafaels will be more involved in high profile & high value missions.Especially rafales with its exhorbitant life cycle cost will be used very judiciously.
Of course this here I have considered only the 4.5 generation era.May be after 30 years when the whole world moves to 5 generation these fighters may stand obsolete like the Mig 21's of today and may be PAK-FA or who knows even AMCA may turn out to be the back bone

But I have voted for MKI the reason being that 272 sukhois are 100% confirmed while assuming 200mk2 or more than 189 rafales will be premature.

Last edited by a moderator:
how is that so??

I feel so because MKI can carry Brahmos and has much larger range. Also can carry more missiles apart from being more maneuverable.

1236054917_brahmos-hypersonic.jpg

Never heard "India" and "backbone" in the same sentence.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom