What's new

new backbone of india : su-30mki vs rafale vs tejas mk2 ?

which fighter is our new backbone ???

• Su-30MKI

Votes: 31 67.4%
  • Rafale

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Tejas mk 2

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mate, first of all I have very little or Zero Knowledge on the Subject. I thought, once Mig 21's are Phased Out, we are going to Induct LCA in Large #, as its going to be our own Plane.

wow nice dreams:toast_sign:

i wish it was true though

Mate, first of all I have very little or Zero Knowledge on the Subject. I thought, once Mig 21's are Phased Out, we are going to Induct LCA in Large #, as its going to be our own Plane.

Its ok. No one is expert here.

@thesolar65 Tejas's range is 850km and can be extended using drop tanks. Combat radius is 300km.

Last edited by a moderator:
its a point defence fighter and will play the role of mig-21 after its retirement

I'm a layman. So point defence means that it will only be useful from the boarder airstrips not from deep within, Right? And also it will be good for what air to air combat or bombing operation?

I'm a layman. So point defence means that it will only be useful from the boarder airstrips not from deep within, Right? And also it will be good for what air to air combat or bombing operation?

It will be last line of defence will will not be used for strike roles in enemy territory till other planes are there

In emergency anything could be used though

With our economy not recovering fast enough , Rupee dancing around 65 and France acting tough during negotiations we may very well see LCA outnumbering Rafale... Not to forget election next year might have some impact on the deal..

I think the IAF should be made of the following:

360 MKI (20 squadrons)
180 Rafale (10 sq)
180 Tejas mk 1, 2 (10 sq)

The other fighter aircraft (Mirage, Jaguars, Migs, etc.) should be retired to simplify training and supplies.

Thats my two cents.

@Nexus
The simplest answer-
Sukhoi30mki
its already is the backbone of IAF.
Off topic-
are you new here mate? There was a time where these vs threads used to be a trollfest. Gosh!

I think we had excellent discussion here and reached right conclusion... @Jungibaaz please close this thread.

I want to know what is the max radius of action of LCA and how much time it can remain airborne? Knows that it will mainly be used as air defence not deep strike or attack one. Will it mainly be used in the border areas?

It will hace much extended radious due to additional fuel. Higher celling, batter stealth, refined aerodynamic, > mach 2.0 speed,.
It will be a light plane with MMRCA capability.

well all three aircrafts are important. While MKI and Rafale will take part in offensive operations, Tejas mk2 will be responsible for defence within our airspace along with other aircrafts.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom