What's new

New anti-tank weapon - Dehlavieh (aka KORNET-E)

Harry_Thomason

Reaction score
Iran started producing its own version of KORNET-E: can take down any tank in West possession (or any other armored target), low flying helicopters, drones, etc.

Its expensive to buy from Russia, but Iran can relatively cheaply make them now in thousands for the defense, as well as for friendly countries.

819890_orig.jpg

819889_orig.jpg

819887_orig.jpg

819886_orig.jpg

819885_orig.jpg

819882_orig.jpg

More: 9M133 Kornet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well... It's an impressive achievement. Kornet-E is one of best ATGM in the world. What distinguishes it, is it's capability of penetrating 1200mm of amour and it's spining while heading to the target which allows it to avoid the APS of the tank as well as it's great range ,6000m. I think it's a great breakthough but I don't think it has the same spec as the Russian one. It's not only the missile but also the thermal sight and other electronics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iran Inaugurates Production Line of New Anti-Armor Missile System

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi on Saturday inaugurated the production line of a new home-made anti-armor missile system named 'Dehlaviyeh'.

"The Dehlaviyeh missile is one of the most hi-tech anti-armor missiles designed for destroying different advanced tanks which are equipped with reactive armor," Vahidi said at the inauguration ceremony of the missile system.

He also reiterated that the missile has been equipped with a special guiding system (which is resistant to different types of enemy's electronic warfare), a warhead and a missile-launcher and a portable engine-propeller.

"The missile system has been designed in a way that it can hit both fix ground targets and mobile armored targets," Vahidi said.

Last August, the Iranian Defense Ministry started mass-production of 73-mm anti-armor rockets capable of piercing and destroying armored vehicles from a 1,300-meter distance.

"The weapon is mobile and due to its low weight, it can be carried by an individual trooper," Vahidi told reporters on the sidelines of a ceremony held to launch the production line of the rocket at the time.

Tehran launched an arms development program during the 1980-88 Iraqi imposed war on Iran to compensate for a US weapons embargo. Since 1992, Iran has produced its own tanks, armored personnel carriers, missiles and fighter planes.

Yet, Iranian officials have always stressed that the country's military and arms programs serve defensive purposes and should not be perceived as a threat to any other country.

The Iranian Army recently test-fired different types of newly-developed missiles and torpedoes and tested a large number of its home-made weapons, tools and equipments, including submarines, military ships, artillery, choppers, aircraft, UAVs and air defense and electronic systems, in a series of massive military drills.

Defense analysts and military observers say that Iran's wargames and its advancements in weapons production have proved as a deterrent factor, specially at a time of heightened threats by the US.

farsnews

well its a good replacemet for toofan

what will happen to them ?

Well... It's an impressive achievement. Kornet-E is one of best ATGM in the world. What distinguishes it, is it's capability of penetrating 1200mm of amour and it's spining while heading to the target which allows it to avoid the APS of the tank as well as it's great range ,6000m. I think it's a great breakthough but I don't think it has the same spec as the Russian one. It's not only the missile but also the thermal sight and other electronics.

How spin will overcome the aps?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes it is the best Missile AT system in the world

and IRAN is making it ,

but what i am thinking which many are not saying how effective it will be against the Trophy of Merkava

but what i am thinking which many are not saying how effective it will be against the Trophy of Merkava

While it was advertised Trophy can protect against HEAT warheads, it was never tested against it (at least not know to the public). If Iran supplies Hezbollah and Israel attacks Lebanon, then we might get some actual data.

For Iran itself, Merkava's are non-issue since Israel wont be using its tanks in Iran, nor US tanks uses Trophy. I have read earlier about US 'Quick kill' system, but dont know if its deployed, just few tanks were advertised using/testing it some years ago.

Regardless, no APS can protect tank 100%, even such cheap solutions like RPG-30 can beat Trophy by using decoy. All Iran has to do by facing any APS (Trophy, Quick kill, etc) is to saturate defense, couple of decoys (Toophus, etc) and then Dehlavieh, and tank is fried.

well toofan may have problem penetrating a moder MBT from the front, but it still is pretty effective when it hit the target from up ,thzts why its a good weapon to be used by attack helicopters .so i guess unless we made missiles like hellfire we wont phase out tjose missiles

Back
Top Bottom