What's new

Nepal and Bangladesh reducing poverty faster than India

The amounts of money India spends on anti poverty measures is higher than in any nation in the world! .
And no. of poor people living in India is also highest in the world.
The reason why the level of poverty reduction is lower is because of horrible mismanagement, corruption, etc etc in many states in India.
What you said is one of the reason and India ranks better than all the nations in South Asia in corruption except Srilanka.

And no. of poor people living in India is also highest in the world.

What you said is one of the reason and India ranks better than all the nations in South Asia in corruption except Srilanka.

Millions have to go to bed hungry because millions of tons simply rot around because of incompetence, hundreds of thousands who could work, remain unemployed because of mismanagement and corruption.

Millions have to go to bed hungry because millions of tons simply rot around because of incompetence, hundreds of thousands who could work, remain unemployed because of mismanagement and corruption.
True a massive amount of Grains and other edibles go waste just because of mismanagement by govt. if they are used properly i believe each and every poor will be able to fill his stomach for very small price. Hope Upcoming govt. does so.

Because of the goondas we elect. There is no public unity which is why they are so strong.

the only thing Pak and india should do is reduce infact reduce the defence budged by more then 60% and spend that money on people.
You both got nukes, so when the time comes beat the crap out of each other with what u got. but till then let the poor live.................Plz
Peace.

Very true my friend.

Really!!mate afaik,the per capita income of India is more than that of Pakistan,so that means an average Pakistani is living in a dirt poor condition,isn't it:crazy:!Actually the truth is quite a bit different though.The Indian middle class population is more than 350 millions which is actually more than the population of the U.S.A.(the 3rd most populated country in the world).yeah i do admit that we have a lot more to achieve in the near future but that doesn't mean that we haven't achieved anything in the past couple of decades.the GoI is trying it's level best to lift more and more masses from below poverty line and it has already pulled more than 140 millions of them in the past decade only....:coffee:
Plz don't compare civilised nations with the nations of this part of the world(I mean all of countries here.)
Can't you smell the air pollution when you land in New Delhi airport?
That shows you are in a part of the world which is still in the dark ages.
Same stand true for Pak cities, except for Islamabad which is a little better then any city in this region.

Last edited:
On what basis are you quoting Islamabad as better than other cities and of which region specifically?

the only thing Pak and india should do is reduce infact reduce the defence budged by more then 60% and spend that money on people.
You both got nukes, so when the time comes beat the crap out of each other with what u got. but till then let the poor live.................Plz
Peace.

Very true my friend.

Plz don't compare civilised nations with the nations of this part of the world(I mean all of countries here.)
Can't you smell the air pollution when you land in New Delhi airport?
That shows you are in a part of the world which is still in the dark ages.
Same stand true for Pak cities, except for Islamabad which is a little better then any city in this region.

Good for them :tup:
Let them be better place than India.
Now do stop migrating and stay in your progressing countries specially to the eastern guys :rofl: i am fine with Nepalis

On what basis are you quoting Islamabad as better than other cities and of which region specifically?
You surely don't know any thing about Islamabad, please ask the indians who are living in Islamabad. ask the people who are working in the High Commission of India in Islamabad.
Islamabad is a world class city comparable to cities of Europe you are stupid if you compare it with indian cities or if we compare it with other cities of Pakistan or any other city in south Asia. you don't have landscape in whole of south Asia to create a city like Islamabad, it was created in an area which is totally different.
Please research Islamabad then ask.

Islamabad is a world class city comparable to cities of Europe

On which standards?

Whats the GDP of the city? How many companies, especially MNCs operate from there? What about infrastructure? What about transportation? What about service industries? What about healthcare and educational facilities? What about the entertainment and shopping facilities?

A city like Bangalore would take the lead in almost every area if we compare it with other cities in this region

On which standards?

Whats the GDP of the city? How many companies, especially MNCs operate from there? What about infrastructure? What about transportation? What about service industries? What about healthcare and educational facilities? What about the entertainment and shopping facilities?

A city like Bangalore would take the lead in almost every area if we compare it with other cities in this region
I was talking about looks of cities and modernizations, you can see the pics of your cities and our discussed in-depth here with pics

Roads in New Delhi vs Karachi

Any way i'll still answer your question
1.Infrastructure
Islamabad wins, because its the best city in this category. search for it.
above link can be a guide.

2. GDP,
Islamabad has only 0.8% of the total population of Pakistan, and even then it contributes an equivalent of Tajikistan's total GDP to the nation.

3. multinational companies if you means by MNC, there are tons of them operating in Islamabad. there are no statistics available with me now.
Here again ur city wins
Transportation.
A bullet train is underway joining Lahore with this city, and a Lahore's Metro bus system like project is under development.
Both are world class means of transportation. other then that low roof buses operate in the city
I don't know about this who wins here
5. Industries.
Its not a very big industrial city, may be here u win.
Banglore wins
6. Healthcare.
World class health care facilities are available in government and private sectors.
May be same level of healthcare.
7.Educational.
Best Educational institutions are found here in all of Pakistan.
Entertainment and shopping they are in there place.
Though we have got best educational institutions here but Bangalore wins because of more options.

But i am not talking about those things i am talking about the looks of the city.and here Islamabad wins, just watch the above link i posted.

1.Infrastructure

Not even close to Delhi NCR in airport,road infrastructure,Mass Rapid Transit.If you don't know what I am talking about,see this.

Delhi airport

Opened in 2010, Terminal 3, a state-of-the-art and integrated future terminal is the 8th largest passenger terminal. It occupies an area of 540,000 m2 (5,800,000 sq ft), with a capacity to handle 36 million passengers annually

22527379898365428083217.jpg

Delhi metro

192.7 km length and 142 stations operational
190 km under construction

airport_metro--621x414.jpg

Delhi Bus Rapid Transit ( metrobus )

Feeder to metrorail.

4747484824_7fb0bf2eab_b.jpg

Roads

IMG_1379.jpg

Transportation.
A bullet train is underway joining Lahore with this city, and a Lahore's Metro bus system like project is under development.
Both are world class means of transportation. other then that low roof buses operate in the city

Metro bus is still under development.There are 4 cities with metro rail in India & 5 more will get it by 2014-2015.Nothing in Pakistan comes close.As for BRTS (metro bus ) it is preferred in tier 2/Tier 3 cities here.As for low entry (not low roof ) buses,even our tier 3 cities have them.

Bangalore Metro

Bangalore.jpg

City Buses in Indian cities

bmtc-bs3-volvo-buses.jpg

Though we have got best educational institutions here but Bangalore wins because of more options.

Can any of them match IISc?

Last edited:
I was talking about looks of cities and modernizations, you can see the pics of your cities and our discussed in-depth here with pics

1.Infrastructure

2. GDP,
Islamabad has only 0.8% of the total population of Pakistan, and even then it contributes an equivalent of Tajikistan's total GDP to the nation.

3. multinational companies if you means by MNC, there are tons of them operating in Islamabad. there are no statistics available with me now.
Here again ur city wins
Transportation.
I don't know about this who wins here
5. Industries.
Its not a very big industrial city, may be here u win.
Banglore wins
6. Healthcare.
World class health care facilities are available in government and private sectors.
May be same level of healthcare.
7.Educational.

But i am not talking about those things i am talking about the looks of the city.and here Islamabad wins, just watch the above link i posted.

1. That thread does not tell me any conclusion...

2. What has Tajikistan do with this comparison? Just admit that its much lower

3. No statistics? Ok, but its clear that there are more in Delhi, Mumbai, Banagalore or Hyderabad.

4. Transportation: Clear win for India (new Metros, mono rails, new airports...)

5.) Agreed

6.) Same level? And how do you come to that conclusion? The number of medical tourists in India coming to is much higher. Furthermore, the higher HDI also indicates that healthcare is better here.

7.) IIMs and IITs produce world class leaders and engineers and are known for that. Apart from that Indian universities are very well connected to others throughout the world, just to name you two out of many examples.

8.) AFAIK, the malls in India are the biggest ones in the region, and their number has been skyrocketing for a couple of years now... Bollywood rules the entertainment industry of the entire region and night life in Bangalore is also among the most interesting ones on the subcontinent with its large number of clubs.

And if you are talking about subjective things like looks, I would rate Mysore and Bangalore as the most beautiful cities in South Asia.

You surely don't know any thing about Islamabad, please ask the indians who are living in Islamabad. ask the people who are working in the High Commission of India in Islamabad.
Islamabad is a world class city comparable to cities of Europe you are stupid if you compare it with indian cities or if we compare it with other cities of Pakistan or any other city in south Asia. you don't have landscape in whole of south Asia to create a city like Islamabad, it was created in an area which is totally different.
Please research Islamabad then ask.
Go through, these 500+ Pages and you'll get an exact image of reality:India Developing, but still a long way to go | Page 507

BTW here's a sample of transportation in India:

Ahmedabad BRTS
    • National Award for “Award for Excellence in the category of Best IMTS Project – 2011” from Government of India[4]
    • International Award for “Outstanding Innovations in Public Transportation – 2010” from UITP, Germany[4]
    • National Award for “Best Innovation Project Towards Improvement in Urban Mobility in the City of Ahmedabad through New Technological Innovations in Janmarg BRTS – 2010” from Government of India.[4]
    • International Award for Design – “Daring Ambition Award and Knowledge and Research Award – 2011” at 59th UITP World Congress, Dubai.[4]

Above are some of the Awards received by Ahmedabad BRTS from Worldwide Orgs.

Here's a clip of it:

Ahmedabad BRTS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom