What's new

Nehru sought US assistance during 1962 Indo-China war Nehru sought

@Joe Shearer
sir
several historians believe that NAM was a nehruvian utopia that was a flawed belief that it was possible in years after world war 2, to remain isolated from power game between capitalist and communist blocks.
how do you see the fact that pandit nehru first asked for US help and subsequently India moved to cozy with USSR was nothing but ditching NAM theory.

These are amateur historians. Pakistan went crying into America's hands as soon as they got independent. Fat good it did for them. We have wanted to be strong and independent, that has always been a good thing.

Will someone set this poor fellow straight? I am really taken aback, for the first time on PDF.

Here is the deal kid. Answer a few questions and if a cute little child like you can answer them correctly I will never again reply to your comments and accept defeat.

1. How many Chinese PLA soldiers did Indian army manage to capture?

2. How far did the PLA enter inside India?

3. Did nehru mobilise more troops or did he grieve that India lost the war? You want to talk about Nehru's statement?

4. How far back did Indian soldiers retreat?

If given a chance you would even say India retreated from Chinese territory.

Here is the deal kid. Answer a few questions and if a cute little child like you can answer them correctly I will never again reply to your comments and accept defeat.

1. How many Chinese PLA soldiers did Indian army manage to capture?

2. How far did the PLA enter inside India?

3. Did nehru mobilise more troops or did he grieve that India lost the war? You want to talk about Nehru's statement?

4. How far back did Indian soldiers retreat?

If given a chance you would even say India retreated from Chinese territory.

:rofl:

I think I'll pass.

@Capt.Popeye
@chauism
@ChineseTiger1986
@Bang Galore

You have to see this. My very young years, my being a teenager, in short, has completely let me down in this important historical discussion on the 1962 war.

@Oscar
@Icarus
@Slav Defence
@Horus

Please be careful before handing out PROFESSIONAL designation to kids. Let this gentleman's observations be a lesson to you.

Why are you even talking about "importance"?

India lost aksai chin, was looking helplessly as PLA marched into north-eastern region. If not for USA political support and pledge for military assistance the PLA would have been occupying eastern India by now.

India was trying to solve the dispute by talks and was neutral during the war between China/Soviets Vs United States.

Indian military have fought with courage in 1962 war even when the ammuniation shortage was there due to the problem of supply routes.

By mid-1961, Chinese border forces had advanced 70 miles west of the Sinkiang-Tibet road from the position they had held in 1958. This meant the occupation of 12,000 squares miles of Indian territory.

I think I'll pass.

Just as I thought.

And oh, by the way it doesn't matter if you are a 70 year old guy. A person is known here by the content hey post.Your comments on 1962 is nothing more than hogwash as could be expected from a 12 year old.

Here's a hint, next time if you lack knowledge on a topic then PLEASE don't lie. It makes you look like a joke.

Indian military have fought with courage in 1962 war even when the ammuniation shortage was there due to the problem of supply routes.

I wish it was true. But Indian army was demoralised at the human wave tactics employed by PLA. The PLA had better numbers, better equipment and more supplies.

By mid-1961, Chinese border forces had advanced 70 miles west of the Sinkiang-Tibet road from the position they had held in 1958. This meant the occupation of 12,000 squares miles of Indian territory.

In 1962 war the PLA had cut off NE from rest of India. They entered and occupied the Assamese town of Tezpur. There was panic in Delhi. The Indian army was given orders for retreat in order to put up a defence of bengal.

India was completely unprepared and overpowered in 1962.

The psychological impact was so profound hat even in 21st century Delhi downplays Chinese incursions in Ladakh. Remeber how the PLA camped inside Ladak for 3 days??

What I read that China retreat because of nuclear threats from us ? @Joe Shearer

Anything is possible.

I am now a teenager, and a bhakt! So the Sun has risen in the west, not a big deal, and your huge stockpile of nuclear devices made the Chinese withdraw.

The irony was that the Chinese made similar claims on Pakistani territory. And Pakistan even proposed an alliance with India to tackle the Chinese threat. But in 1962 the Pakistanis saw an opportunity to neutralise Indian numerical superiority. They gladly traded territory for Chinese alliance. The rest as they say is history.

Just as I thought.

And oh, by the way it doesn't matter if you are a 70 year old guy. A person is known here by the content hey post.Your comments on 1962 is nothing more than hogwash as could be expected from a 12 year old.

Here's a hint, next time if you lack knowledge on a topic then PLEASE don't lie. It makes you look like a joke.

I wish it was true. But Indian army was demoralised at the human wave tactics employed by PLA. The PLA had better numbers, better equipment and more supplies.

In 1962 war the PLA had cut off NE from rest of India. They entered and occupied the Assamese town of Tezpur. There was panic in Delhi. The Indian army was given orders for retreat in order to put up a defence of bengal.

India was completely unprepared and overpowered in 1962.

The psychological impact was so profound hat even in 21st century Delhi downplays Chinese incursions in Ladakh. Remeber how the PLA camped inside Ladak for 3 days??

By the way, the Chinese never entered Tezpur. Just saying.

I am now a teenager, and a bhakt! So the Sun has risen in the west, not a big deal, and your huge stockpile of nuclear devices made the Chinese withdraw.

Instead of sulking why don't you rise up to the challenge and answer the questions? Right now you ARE acting like a kid.

I asked you a simple question, what is your version of 1962?

By the way, the Chinese never entered Tezpur. Just saying.

For the love of God please stop lying. Given a chance you would say Chinese never even entered India in 1962.

It was panic all over and Indian soldiers were evacuated in rapid pace to mount up a defence of bengal. It was a constant series of defeats and retreats for India in 1962. But then again your pocket diaries tell you otherwise.

Instead of sulking why don't you rise up to the challenge and answer the questions? Right now you ARE acting like a kid.

I asked you a simple question, what is your version of 1962?

For the love of God please stop lying. Given a chance you would say Chinese never even entered India in 1962.

It was panic all over and Indian soldiers were evacuated in rapid pace to mount up a defence of bengal. It was a constant series of defeats and retreats for India in 1962. But then again your pocket diaries tell you otherwise.

Because, genius, this is already on record.

Long before you joined.

Because, genius, this is already on record.

Long before you joined.

Because genius, the town was occupied by Chinese. How many times have you been to Tezpur?

Your record does not count for much because you are clearly posting propaganda.

In your esteemed opinion why was the IAF not mobilised?

I am sure an esteemed "professional" like you can explain that.

The PLA never reached Tezpur, their drive into Assamese heartland had stopped before that. I know that because my family members were in that garrison town in 1962, and remember vividly the scenes of panic and chaos that permeated the frantic atmosphere at that moment in history. And yes, I'm an assamese, in case you have any doubts.

@Joe Shearer, the forces fought valiantly, the problem was that the IA was never able to mount a cohesive, organised defense once the initial defenses were overrun. Even retreat was not organised, and some forces received their retreat orders well after their lines of communication were cut. It was in every sense a disaster; almost similar to the collapse of the Red Army in Operation Barbarossa.

Because genius, the town was occupied by Chinese. How many times have you been to Tezpur?

Your record does not count for much because you are clearly posting propaganda.

<sigh> They came up to the outskirts but never entered, never occupied. I should know, I was around at the time. And lately, I've had to work in and out of Assam, and surrounding states, when I was working out of Silchar.

I really think it would help you if you found out a little more, before either calling me a bhakt, or doubting my intimate knowledge of the events of 62, or any other point that you have mentioned.

As for me, I am getting a big laugh out of this. Never thought I would be told these three things together, and on the same thread, by the same person.

The PLA never reached Tezpur, their drive into Assamese heartland had stopped before that. I know that because my family members were in that garrison town in 1962, and remember vividly the scenes of panic and chaos that permeated the frantic atmosphere at that moment in history. And yes, I'm an assamese, in case you have any doubts.

@Joe Shearer, the forces fought valiantly, the problem was that the IA was never able to mount a cohesive, organised defense once the initial defenses were overrun. Even retreat was not organised, and some forces received their retreat orders well after their lines of communication were cut. It was in every sense a disaster; almost similar to the collapse of the Red Army in Operation Barbarossa.

Quite right. I don't know who that blowhard is, but he has at least contributed a few good moments this dull evening.

@chauism

Where are you lurking?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom