What's new

Need some help about China

Hmm hate conflicting interest. Always put my mind in doubt.

I has leading towards Xuzhou before this thread, no Dongguan until this post. :/

OMG are you going to teach English in China?

Dongguan is very urbanised. it is a well developed industralised city and close (within one or two hours) to Guangzhou, Shenzhen and HK. Dongguan university is financed by Li Kashing.

Shaoxing is a tourist destination. It's famous for the landscape, lakes and mountains.

Xuzhou is in Jiangsu Province, mid eastern China. There is a hub of up and coming cities in the neighbourhood. Can't tell you much about the place

There is no direct flight from UK to these locations. Upon arrival you need to take local buses for transit. That means you need to have RMB for the ticket. Local banks provide forex services but it is wise to carry enough RMBs for transportation, food, phone card (in case your phone program does not have international coverage) etc. Carry a lot of handy billingual cue cards with you (use web translators). There is enough English on public signs but not quite enough in verbal communication.

Don't be buzzed off by some ignorant indian members here on this thread. They were posting for a laugh. Have your embassy details ready.

Have a nice stay in China and tell us your candid experience there.

What is the salary of PhD person with 4-5 yrs of experience in CHina.

I am getting a job offer in Novo Nordisk pharma company in beijing (the consultant has not discussed about salary yet)

What is the salary of PhD person with 4-5 yrs of experience in CHina.

I am getting a job offer in Novo Nordisk pharma company in beijing (the consultant has not discussed about salary yet)

This is really hard to tell and it completely depends on companies. Foreign firms should pay competitive salaries, I'd say from half to full Western salaries. Living cost in Beijing is fairly high for foreigners. I'd suggest that start with your current salary.

Thanks a lot, sorry about the poor quality writing. Was eating and typing with one hand last night. :lol:

Btw, I was told by a representative that almost every child goes to summer school in China. No wonder the strong work ethic is being shown by economic indicators such as GDP etc.

Think I will most likely chose Dongguan, if given the chance now.

Dongguan is a new factory city that basically rose from nothing in 1990 to a megapolis today. Everyone is an outsider there and no one knows anyone else. It's like Delhi.

People come and go because its a major manufacturing and logistics hub for the export oriented industries in China (something like 70% of all exports come from Dongguan + Shenzhen). The success of Chinese export manufacturing is actually the success of just these 2 cities - Shanghai, Beijing, etc. may be richer but they're almost totally focused on the domestic economy.

Shaoxing and Xuzhou are historic cities with much more moderate migration. They're "nicer" and more "normal".

Hey guy's, seems like I might be heading of to Shoaxing.

Don't know what to feel about the choice of city. I hope it's good!

Back
Top Bottom