What's new

Need some help about China

DelhiDareDevil

Reaction score
Well this July, I will be going to China to help teach young kid English.

I got a option of 3 places to teach in, can someone help me which province will be best to chose from.

• Xuzhou
• Shaoxing
• Dongguan

I will be looking for the best state to live in, for a person from England. Also looking for which location will be better, to travel to Hong Kong, Shangai etc for short trips.

Thanks

I got a option of 3 places to teach in, can someone help me which province will be best to chose from.

• Xuzhou
• Shaoxing
• Dongguan

I will be looking for the best state to live in, for a person from England. Also looking for which location will be better, to travel to Hong Kong, Shangai etc for short trips.

Thanks
Dongguan - You can hop onto the train and visit Guangzhou,Shenzhen and Hong Kong.Spending a weekend in Shenzhen(Sea World Square) or HK(Lan Kwai Fong) is much easier.

Shaoxing - An old city I think with historical sites and a water village.

So is Dongguan is the more modern state. I thought Xuzhou was the most modern put of the 3 places.

• Xuzhou
• Shaoxing
• Dongguan

Thanks

So is this a job or some volunteer work ?

So is this a job or some volunteer work ?

Just at university, and I have a month off. So thought this would be a perfect opportunity to add something to my CV. Its volunteering for 1 month with all expenses covered.

I can see China in its true light, and not troll about them, if Im impressed. lol

Any Chinese members know a thing about the 3 choices and anything to worry about?

Just at university, and I have a month off. So thought this would be a perfect opportunity to add something to my CV. Its volunteering for 1 month with all expenses covered.

I can see China in its true light, and not troll about them, if Im impressed. lol

Any Chinese members know a thing about the 3 choices and anything to worry about?

Try PM-ing them directly ! I gather most Non-Desis don't frequent this section very often because here you can find threads with an endless and unbridled use of Urdu/Hindi !

And yeah...Good luck !

So is Dongguan is the more modern state. I thought Xuzhou was the most modern put of the 3 places.
I'm not sure what's your definition for modern.....if by west standards only Shanghai and Hong Kong can be considered modern.Cities in china can be pretty big with swanky building's but the whole thing sometimes feels like a village.Think of Chinese as Indians with more money and the rest is the same story.

Gave you the option of Dongguan so you can escape to Shenzhen or Hong Kong(most probably)....if you need a breather for a few day's...which you will :D

while eating out in restro..be careful else u will end up eating a dog meat....no offense to Chinese (if they think so) but since u r an Indian, I thought to flag this one…

And well, don’t expect much from Chinese in this forum, they are not like me and you….they are thorough professionals with no emotional attachments with fellow forum members…they are here just to ensure CCP is not being correctly defamed…

Three years ago, I had been offered an onsite assignment to China, but I turned it down after doing due diligence of their judicial system and human rights policies....they can frame and put you behind the bars or even shoot you for any damn reason by interpretting it as anti CCP regime..a simple example, if you try to argue with an officer on duty when its not your fault..just a simple example, as in India and even in UK (I have lived in london for more than a year)we almost get into an argument with public service people…because we are so used to of democratic system and values..u wont find these in China....so beware!

while eating out in restro..be careful else u will end up eating a dog meat....no offense to Chinese (if they think so) but since u r an Indian, I thought to flag this one…

And well, don’t expect much from Chinese in this forum, they are not like me and you….they are thorough professionals with no emotional attachments with fellow forum members…they are here just to ensure CCP is not being correctly defamed…

Three years ago, I had been offered an onsite assignment to China, but I turned it down after doing due diligence of their judicial system and human rights policies....they can frame and put you behind the bars or even shoot you for any damn reason by interpretting it as anti CCP regime..a simple example, if you try to argue with an officer on duty when its not your fault..just a simple example, as in India and even in UK (I have lived in london for more than a year)we almost get into an argument with public service people…because we are so used to of democratic system and values..u wont find these in China....so beware!
Ummm never had problem with the food most of the time ate at Chinese places and I can only speak few words.

Yes, I know being in a communist country I have to act more sensible. I won't drink, probably spend most nights with someone or revising for upcoming exams. But thanks for the heads up, I will try to cook at home knowing that. Well I will try lol

I'm not sure what's your definition for modern.....if by west standards only Shanghai and Hong Kong can be considered modern.Cities in china can be pretty big with swanky building's but the whole thing sometimes feels like a village.Think of Chinese as Indians with more money and the rest is the same story.

Gave you the option of Dongguan so you can escape to Shenzhen or Hong Kong(most probably)....if you need a breather for a few day's...which you will :D

I heard Hong Kong is more expensive then central London, is this true?

Yes, I know being in a communist country I have to act more sensible. I won't drink, probably spend most nights with someone or revising for upcoming exams. But thanks for the heads up, I will try to cook at home knowing that. Well I will try lol

LOL! at the bold parts.I was with my friends in Shenzhen and we went clubbing with soldier's(dude's and chicks) from PLA :partay:

Housing is expensive considering the space.Other than that everything is cheap as Hell.

• Xuzhou
• Shaoxing
• Dongguan

Thanks

Dongguan , cloud_9 stated it well, he lives in HK also if you like to gamble macau, It's better then HK just my opinion but it's up to you.

Just don't do anything out of order and you will enjoy your stay.

Yep looking at the location, its in fact really close to HK.

I assume China best cities, are the one that tends to be closer to the coast line, except Beijing of course rite?

Back
Top Bottom