What's new

Need advice on 9 MM gun

Dear do check PT-809 by Taurus, asking price by dealers in lahore is 65K. It is a relatively new launch by Taurus. Feed back is really good.

Yes i have benn tempted to go for Taurus and is very popular amongst gun lovers here. However, I have narrowed down my choice to CZ-999. If anyone can share the first hand reviews on this, I would appreciate. I have read many reviews on internet, but if any forum member has got CZ, it would help.

My pistol shooting is going really bad, I mean from 50-70 feet, I have been unable to hit the Bull. I am using CF98 and i dont know how many more bullets it would take me to get hold of this skill.

Maybe a bigger gun might help, though at the cost of concealment factor.

I am not going to carry my gun around, so what should be more important. Bigger gun or smaller gun like CZ, couger CF98?

Yes i have benn tempted to go for Taurus and is very popular amongst gun lovers here. However, I have narrowed down my choice to CZ-999. If anyone can share the first hand reviews on this, I would appreciate. I have read many reviews on internet, but if any forum member has got CZ, it would help.

My pistol shooting is going really bad, I mean from 50-70 feet, I have been unable to hit the Bull. I am using CF98 and i dont know how many more bullets it would take me to get hold of this skill.

I am not going to carry my gun around, so what should be more important. Bigger gun or smaller gun like CZ, couger CF98?

Its very strange that you have not been able to hit the bull with CF98. Its reviews have been excellent and its targeting has been good. I myself have CF98 and have fired around 150 rounds, dead accurate even at a good distance.

Bought one for my bro who is in the armed forces, he has fired so far 400 rounds with excellent results so much so that 2 officers from his unit have ordered it too and would be buying for them next week.

Guys at PakGuns.com - Home to Pakistan's Gun Enthusiasts are very happy with it too.

Check out this video and see the length of the range at the end. It fired perfectly and was dead accurate at the target, which was pretty small.

Do read the reviews at pakguns.com, see the review by a member Gilani and see how he tested the CF98, he compared it with Beretta 92FS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its very strange that you have not been able to hit the bull with CF98. Its reviews have been excellent and its targeting has been good. I myself have CF98 and have fired around 150 rounds, dead accurate even at a good distance.

Bought one for my bro who is in the armed forces, he has fired so far 400 rounds with excellent results so much so that 2 officers from his unit have ordered it too and would be buying for them next week.

Check out this video and see the length of the range at the end. It fired perfectly and was dead accurate at the target, which was pretty small.

Do read the reviews at pakguns.com, see the review by a member Gilani and see how he tested the CF98, he compared it with Beretta 92FS.

[url="
CF98 9mm Pistol Fire 2.AVI[/url]

CF98 is no doubt a very nice gun, and its not gun its definitely my lack of skills. CF 98 is owned by so many of friends and some of them hit the target all the time. I have myself fired atleast 200+ bullets from it, and it has never malfunctioned.

Its just that i was thinking that longer barrel gun might help me in hitting the bull. In my very limited experience of this sports, I think pistol shooting and hitting the bull is very very difficult. And IMO, this skill is important to have, Gord forbids if it is ever required.

Once in my friends house, some thief was trying to steel his car at the night. So upon suspicion my friend went out with his 9 MM in his hands, and as per him, shot 6-7 bullets on the thief. None hit the thief.

Cz-999 has some pretty neat features but how much is it for ?

CZ-999 is, i have heard, somewhere between 45-55K.

bc97ba60f301a741bbeac79c389e188d.jpg

Last edited:
CF98 is no doubt a very nice gun, and its not gun its definitely my lack of skills. CF 98 is owned by so many of friends and some of them hit the target all the time.

Its just that i was thinking that longer barrel gun might help me in hitting the bull. In my very limited experience of this sports, I think pistol shooting and hitting the bull is very very difficult. And IMO, this skill is important to have, Gord forbids if it is ever required.

Once in my friends house, some thief was trying to steel his car at the night. So upon suspicion my friend went out with his 9 MM in his hands, and as per him, shot 6-7 bullets on the thief. None hit the thief.

I think physical fitness would also play its part in ones' marksmanship.

Well, i don't think CF98 barrel length has any issue meaning its short, its quiet good compared to the guns out there. Its velocity is also around 350M/s, and if you use +p ammo, velocity would be more stronger.

But may be you need an upgrade ;)

And yeah, a person needs to be little cool minded God forbid if such a scenario comes up where you have to use the gun for SD. But practice is the major thing. The more you fire, the more you become accustomed to your gun, its feel and how it performs.

I remember my first shots, was scared and hitting way off the target, but the more i have fired y gun, the more I am used to its recoil and handling and better has become the accuracy.

Do watch the other videos too by going to youtube, there is kind of a rapid fire session of a CF98 by the same dude in black cloths from close range. First time, it was but wasn't bad, the more you fire, more expert you will become. Guns are perfect, its the man behind it :)

Around 50 K it sure is a good bargain, i've never fired 999 but here are some features that I think are pretty neat.

1.It allows user to instantly switch to shoot either in DAO (Double Action Only) mode, or the traditional DA/SA (Double Action/Single Action) mode
2. Loaded chamber indicator
3. Last three bullets indicator (a tactile warning when there are 3 rounds remaining in the magazine)

watch this video, a 30 round magazine fired from a PT-92

7f6626a51318f5c03079dc15a2854f26.jpg

Well I have made up my mind that I am gona go for this beauty. PT 92 by Taurus. I am getting it around 55K brand new. though i have given up on my desire of having a coneal carry small gun, I am hoping that this gun would be reliable in accuracy (yea i know its not the gun its the man ....:)) and any reviews from forum members here are welcome. If any one owns this gun here or has used it, please do let me know of its pros and cons. I have gone through internet extensively but defence.pk forum members first hand experience is always a good to read.

I have a question. What pistol caliber is most common/widely available or most preferred one in Pakistan?

Well I have made up my mind that I am gona go for this beauty. PT 92 by Taurus. I am getting it around 55K brand new. though i have given up on my desire of having a coneal carry small gun, I am hoping that this gun would be reliable in accuracy (yea i know its not the gun its the man ....:)) and any reviews from forum members here are welcome. If any one owns this gun here or has used it, please do let me know of its pros and cons. I have gone through internet extensively but defence.pk forum members first hand experience is always a good to read.

Very good choice, PT-92/99 are think the most reliable models by Taurus.

CZ turkish made for USA 14 round is better choice ,top slidding for loading bullet (first time), price range 50K , my result from 200 feet was not very good 1 out 14 :D i think lot of practice required after 500 to 1000 round 95% secure can be achieved.

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg51-e.htm

It look like CZ 97

Dear tiamikhan,

I am a new member just joined. I am from Peshawar but now a days studying in UK.

I am going back to Pakistan for good in the next few months. I am interestedin getting a CF98.

I want to avoid locally made clones of this gun and therefore want to know where can I get the genuine chinese CF98.

Regards

Dear tiamikhan,

I am a new member just joined. I am from Peshawar but now a days studying in UK.

I am going back to Pakistan for good in the next few months. I am interestedin getting a CF98.

I want to avoid locally made clones of this gun and therefore want to know where can I get the genuine chinese CF98.

Regards

Well first tell me what is your budget ?? So that if in your budget something else better can be bought, you should go for that, or else then go for CF98.

Will provide you the phone number and location of the shop from where i have bought for far 5 CF98s for myself and other friends, they are reliable people and no 2 numbari.

Back
Top Bottom