What's new

Need advice on 9 MM gun

SummerWine

Reaction score
Dear members, i have recently received my MOI 9 mm license after making lengthy efforts. I have allocated around Rs. 60K maximum to purchase a 9 mm for me. I have emptied lot of rounds on CF 98, a gun around 35K Rs available in the market, and have found it quiet reliable. But I would like to ask your expert opinion on what other optiosn i have in my budget other than CF 98. There is CZ, Stoeger Cougar ..... my basic purpose is obviously a defensive weapon plus a weapon to be used for target shooting etc....

Please suggest some reliabel guns....

join and see PakGuns.com - Home to Pakistan's Gun Enthusiasts, a pakistan based gun enthusiasts forum where you can get a lot of info regarding your next purchase.

Your have Taurus as an option, Cougar, there are many Turkish ones in the market to choose from, One russian i believe Viking in your budget can come too. Even can get Pak made clone of Glock 17 or 19 too :).

Do join the website and know more.

Have CF98 myself, brilliant weapon, matches in performance and reliability to any western weapon.

Is the CF98 a Ruger clone? I have the Ruger 9mm and this looks a lot like it. Also how good is quality of the Glock clones made in Pakistan?

Dear members, i have recently received my MOI 9 mm license after making lengthy efforts. I have allocated around Rs. 60K maximum to purchase a 9 mm for me. I have emptied lot of rounds on CF 98, a gun around 35K Rs available in the market, and have found it quiet reliable. But I would like to ask your expert opinion on what other optiosn i have in my budget other than CF 98. There is CZ, Stoeger Cougar ..... my basic purpose is obviously a defensive weapon plus a weapon to be used for target shooting etc....

Please suggest some reliabel guns....

CF-98 is a good weapon but a better variant would be the NP-42, identical weapons except for the better barrel life on the latter.

Now if you want to spend 60K you have better options then the chinese pistols like the Taurus PT-92 it is an amazing weapon and looks great too but not ideal for a concealed weapon as it is a large frame pistol, stoegar cougar is another good option it is a relatively small pistol the only thing I don't like about it is the de-cocker which is not placed in the right place and comes in the way while loading the weapon.

I've fired alot of rounds from all the weapons mentioned above, my personal favorite is the PT-92 which should not cost more then 57 in khi.

CZ100 and 110 are superb weapons and in a different league all together but you wont get one in your range.
The best weapon is the one that feels right in your hand, grip is very important.

I already own one PT-92 and if I have to buy one more hand gun I would buy PT-92 again.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-defence/40386-pistol-review-cf-98-a.html#post568901

Is the CF98 a Ruger clone? I have the Ruger 9mm and this looks a lot like it. Also how good is quality of the Glock clones made in Pakistan?

This is my CF98, Chinese 9mm 15+1 shot pistol. Rotating barrel mechanism and a very good, reliable and effective pistol.

Have seen few Ruger pistol pics, don't seem to be a clone, rather this has design features from i believe mixed weapons and the firing mechanism is rotating barrel, similar to the Cougar 8000 models.

http://img13.imageshack.us/i/p7260086.jpg/

http://img253.imageshack.us/i/p7260092.jpg/

Got my PT 917C for Rs. 58K from Pioneer Arms just couple of weeks ago. It is slightly shorter than PT 92 (10MM smaler)

This is my CF98, Chinese 9mm 15+1 shot pistol. Rotating barrel mechanism and a very good, reliable and effective pistol.

Have seen few Ruger pistol pics, don't seem to be a clone, rather this has design features from i believe mixed weapons and the firing mechanism is rotating barrel, similar to the Cougar 8000 models.

http://img13.imageshack.us/i/p7260086.jpg/

http://img253.imageshack.us/i/p7260092.jpg/

You are right. Looks more like my LAMA 380 ( the "almost" 9mm)..

The only Norinco I have in my arsenal is the SKS..btw, have we removed the ability to upload pics from our hard drives?? can we get it back if so?

You are right. Looks more like my LAMA 380 ( the "almost" 9mm)..

The only Norinco I have in my arsenal is the SKS..btw, have we removed the ability to upload pics from our hard drives?? can we get it back if so?

You have to upload the pic to any free image hosting website and then place the link enclosed by the tag or puch the Insert Image button above and paste the link provided by the image hosting site.

try ImageShack® - Online Media Hosting as a starter.

CF 98 is quiet famous nowdays here becuase off maybe price vs reliability, i have seen it fire many types of bullets, and hardly i have seen it jam plus lot of my acquintants have it so maybe i am tied between PT 92, CZ 999, Couger may be. If I am not wriong, Pt 92 is just a little bigger gun than CZ and couger, and conceal carry or handiness are worthy points to look at vs the accuracy and less recoil of PT 92. What should be more important?

Sure! I was just hoping we could still be able to upload from the hard drive..

Well the direct option has been disabled as it used to eat a lot of the storing memory on the server, as everyone would attach files and those used to get stored on the server for a long long time, so this new method was used, as in this case our server doesn't have to store pics with itself, rather it gets from the image hosting servers.

CF 98 is quiet famous nowdays here becuase off maybe price vs reliability, i have seen it fire many types of bullets, and hardly i have seen it jam plus lot of my acquintants have it so maybe i am tied between PT 92, CZ 999, Couger may be. If I am not wriong, Pt 92 is just a little bigger gun than CZ and couger, and conceal carry or handiness are worthy points to look at vs the accuracy and less recoil of PT 92. What should be more important?

All these weapons are very reliable and effective in their category, yes your are right PT-92 is a large frame pistol as it is made on the same design of the legendry beretta FS-92. So it is not that handy but then again carrying a weapon is not permitted in Khi, don't know about other cities right now.
As I said earlier the best weapon is the one that feels right in your hand.

All these weapons are very reliable and effective in their category, yes your are right PT-92 is a large frame pistol as it is made on the same design of the legendry beretta FS-92. So it is not that handy but then again carrying a weapon is not permitted in Khi, don't know about other cities right now.
As I said earlier the best weapon is the one that feels right in your hand.

You are dead right on 'feel right in hands'. Today i tried quiet few arms dealers but hardly found any of mu choice mentioned above. Just Taurus 24/7 and Glock available. Will try Peshawar now.

You are dead right on 'feel right in hands'. Today i tried quiet few arms dealers but hardly found any of mu choice mentioned above. Just Taurus 24/7 and Glock available. Will try Peshawar now.

24/7 is a pistol that looks nice and is a reliable weapon too but two things I don't like about it.
1.Internal Hammer
2.Delay action because of the long pull of the trigger.

And yeah check out Zigana Sport as well, thats another weapon in this range amd easily available in the market(Khi).
Try Lahore you will find some good authorized dealers there.

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom