What's new

Need advice on 9 MM gun

Didnt know Desert Eagle had 9mm version.
It's not even remotely related to Desert Eagle. It is actually a CZ75 Derrivative.

Czech pistol was cloned by Italian firm Tanfoglio to market it in the US and Western markets, Tanfoglio then transfered tooling to Israel which IMI/IWI renamed as the Jericho 941, Magnum research "the makers of the Desert Eagle ", started importing the Jericho 941 in US and dubbed it the "Baby eagle". All that was changes was the shroud to resemble the Desert Eagle

The CZ-75 Family, cousins and relatives.

The CZ 75- The BOSS
The CZ 75 is a semi-automatic pistol made by Česká zbrojovka Uherský Brod (CZUB) in the Czech Republic. First introduced in 1975, it is one of the original "wonder nines" featuring a staggered-column magazine, all-steel construction, and a hammer forged barrel. It has a good reputation amongst pistol shooters for quality and versatility at a reasonable price, and is widely distributed throughout the world. It is also the most common gun in the Czech Republic

1977_CZ-75.png

The Italian Connection

Tanfoglio TZ-75
Due to politics the Czechs could not market their pistol in the United States and because CZ failed to secure world patent protection for their design, a number of firms copied it. Foremost Italian firm Fratelli Tanfoglio made good business marketing the pistol to the West with the design being so solid, that two shooters, US national Doug Koenig and Frenchman Eric Grauffel, have won the hard fought IPSC World Championship using pistols based on CZ 75 design. That was tremendous endorsement for any handgun design because all other World Champions up to the time had used pistols based on the John Browning 1911 format.

FIE+TZ-75.jpg

MY OWN TZ 75

2012-12-22_13-33-10_606.jpg

The Israeli Baby Eagle / Jericho 941
The original Jericho 941 was based on the well-respected CZ-75 pistol designed and produced by Česká zbrojovka (CZ) of the Czech Republic and built using parts supplied by the Italian arms house Tanfoglio, which had been making their own CZ-75 clones. Using a well-tested design allowed IMI to avoid the teething problems most new pistol designs experience, and subcontracting much of the basic fabrication work to Tanfoglio allowed IMI to quickly and economically put into production a pistol that would have enough Israeli content to satisfy government contract requirements.

Jericho_941F.jpg

The Turkish Relative SAR - K12
Based on the classic CZ-75 pattern, which has to be the most copied pistol design in the world, these are hefty, accurate pistols.
SAR-K12.jpg

Magnum research - Baby Eagle
be9915r.jpg

New gen CZ 75 SP-01 Poly frame
08%20CZ%2075%20SP-01%20Tactical.jpg

Glock 17 Gen 4 for a full-size 9mm

Glock 19 Gen 4 for a compact-size 9mm

I recommend the Glock 17 because with a full-size handgun you will have a longer sight-radius providing you with better accuracy. Good for self-defense and target shooting.
Glocks are good but I dont like how they look if you know what I mean. I like the more traditional look of the 1911's and Berretta 92 FS.

What do you think about the ruger LCP?

LCP001.jpg

What do you guys think about TT 33 (the best version...probably the Zastava M57...is this even available in Pak ?) vs CF-98 ? I know that they are different calibres but otherwise how do they hold up against each other ?

Glocks are good but I dont like how they look if you know what I mean. I like the more traditional look of the 1911's and Berretta 92 FS.

View attachment 164741

Never tested a Ruger LCP so no real opinion of it, but as for .380 caliber handguns I like the S&W bodyguard.

10102140.jpg

View attachment 164741

Glocks look like lego blocks, but they are awesome guns. I fired both 17 (9mm) and the 22 (.40). The 22 as usual a little snappy, but the 17 was great.

LCP is just too tiny for me, I get a feeling that little thing is going to slip through my fingers !!

Try the Ruger LC 9, its a great carry gun.

Last edited:
It's not even remotely related to Desert Eagle. It is actually a CZ75 Derrivative.

Czech pistol was cloned by Italian firm Tanfoglio to market it in the US and Western markets, Tanfoglio then transfered tooling to Israel which IMI/IWI renamed as the Jericho 941, Magnum research "the makers of the Desert Eagle ", started importing the Jericho 941 in US and dubbed it the "Baby eagle". All that was changes was the shroud to resemble the Desert Eagle

I agree with your comments, although their are differences that i would like to point out.

for instance....

The Jericho 941 is a Double action/single action semi-automatic pistol, that was modeled on the well respected CZ-75 design, however, their are substantial differences. The Baby Eagle, also, known as the Uzi Eagle, features a combined safety/de-cocker, which on the safe also de-cocks the pistol, the CZ-75 features only a simple de-cocker. The barrel of the CZ-75 is traditionally rifled, whilst the Jericho features a polygonal barrel. The pistol is also, substantially heavier than the CZ-75. The Jericho, also allows you to use multiple calibers such as the .41 cartridge with only a change of barrel, recoil spring and magazine, providing you with a more power round than the standard 9mm. The differences between the two is in comparison to the differences of firing a .44 and .50 Magnum....! You can also, up chamber the Jericho to the .40 S&W and also, the very popular .45 ACP and not to mention attaching accessory rails, for lasers or flashlights, a feature found in many new semi-automatic handguns.

These differences can translate in the condition to which the gun is carried.

41Mar5D3pbL.jpg
images

I agree with your comments, although their are differences that i would like to point out.

for instance....

The Jericho 941 is a Double action/single action semi-automatic pistol, that was modeled on the well respected CZ-75 design, however, their are substantial differences. The Baby Eagle, also, known as the Uzi Eagle, features a combined safety/de-cocker, which on the safe also de-cocks the pistol, the CZ-75 features only a simple de-cocker. The barrel of the CZ-75 is traditionally rifled, whilst the Jericho features a polygonal barrel. The pistol is also, substantially heavier than the CZ-75. The Jericho, also allows you to use multiple calibers such as the .41 cartridge with only a change of barrel, recoil spring and magazine, providing you with a more power round than the standard 9mm. The differences between the two is in comparison to the differences of firing a .44 and .50 Magnum....! You can also, up chamber the Jericho to the .40 S&W and also, the very popular .45 ACP and not to mention attaching accessory rails, for lasers or flashlights, a feature found in many new semi-automatic handguns.

These differences can translate in the condition to which the gun is carried.

41Mar5D3pbL.jpg
images

As I said,Jericho 941/Baby eagle is not a direct copy of the CZ 75 but of the TZ 75, If you look carefully at CZ/TZ 75 models you will see a distinct difference in feature before 1988, where the decocker on pre-B models was slide mounted (check first TZ 75 pic in my post), which did feature a manual safety and a decocker on the same, and Jericho 941 is straight derivative from the TZ75.

Polygonal rifling on the babyeagle/jericho 941: Again thanks to the TZ 75; the reason TZ75's got popular because they were brought to US to be IPSC circuit runners, the stability of the CZ frame was great, the SA/DA trigger was absolutely Shit, but most wanted a a good barrel as standard with the rifle and that is exactly what Tanfoglio offered.

Again the chamber offerings too come from the same TZ offerings, TZ's were actually quite famous for a long time to be frames which could easily work with over pressure hot loads, and 41AE comes from this too....

Does anyone know where I may obtain reviews for the CZ 75 sports evolution....? I am thinking of ordering this Pistol and wanted to get some insight.

Thank you in advance

CZ_Sport_Evolution_6.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom