What's new

NECESSARY CHANGES MADE TO MAIN BATTLE TANK ARJUN MARK II: DRDO

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Arjun_Main_Battle_Tank_1.jpg

The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Chairman S Christopher today said necessary modifications have been made to the advanced version of the indigenous Arjun Mark II main battle tank as recommended by the Army.

The DRDO chairman expressed confidence that the tank will be accepted by the Army.

The Army had asked for 93 improvements to the tank which includes the capability of firing the anti-tank LAHAT missile, laser protection suite and improved armoured protection for the vehicle.

"We have done the modifications... it will go through the trials and there is a possibility that Arjun MK II (battle tank) will be accepted by Army and two regiments have already agreed to induct the tanks," said DRDO Chairman, while talking to reporters here.

Christopher was here to inaugurate POINTS 21 Batch of Post Induction Training School program for newly inducted DRDO scientists at the Defence Institute of Advanced Technology here.

As per DRDO, Arjun Mark II can fire missiles, has advanced explosive reactive armour panels, mine plough, automatic target tracking, advanced land navigation system, digital control harness and advanced commander panoramic sight among other features.

Arjun will have a better gun barrel with an equivalent firing charge (strength of the barrel to sustain firing) of 500 rounds against the T 72's 250 rounds.

The Chennai-based Combat Vehicle Research and Development Establishment has designed the Mark II version of MBT at its facility there.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/pti...n-battle-tank-arjun-mark-ii-drdo-1680165.html

Arjun mark 1 = poor copy of leopard 2A4

anyway, the leopard 2A7 beats an arjun mark 2 in terms of cost effectiveness, funnctionality and capability anyday.

I am quite sure the arjun mark 2 will take a number of years before delivery

Now i cant tell if the arjun or tejas is indian military's greatest mistake..

Arjun mark 1 = poor copy of leopard 2A4

anyway, the leopard 2A7 beats an arjun mark 2 in terms of cost effectiveness, funnctionality and capability anyday.

I am quite sure the arjun mark 2 will take a number of years before delivery

Now i cant tell if the arjun or tejas is indian military's greatest mistake..
tbh u cant even tell (truth) what country u r from but lets leave at that note

That's a gem of a find bro

Tell me about a Pakistani OEM that have a locally developed 1500 hp engine in it's portfolio. Or even a 750 hp engine for that matter.
Hey we don't reinvent the wheel. We engineer and if there is an of the shelf solution we use it. But you try to make a square wheel. Subject here is arjunk and I suggest you read the link in post 10

Hey we don't reinvent the wheel. We engineer and if there is an of the shelf solution we use it. But you try to make a square wheel.

So you have a problem when Arjun engine is a German design, and now you're patting yourself in the back for using off the shelf systems ? Is this hypocrisy or just plain stupid ?

So you have a problem when Arjun engine is a German design, and now you're patting yourself in the back for using off the shelf systems ? Is this hypocrisy or just plain stupid ?
Stop waffling...start fixing a 1970s tank. You army rejected it. Did you read the link in post 10 or are you just busy arguing?
REASON INDIANS ALWAYS FAIL IN ENGINEERING IS THAT THEY SPEND ALL THEIR TIME IN SELF GRATIFICATION INSTEAD OF ENGINEERING

Stop waffling...start fixing a 1970s tank. You army rejected it. Did you read the link in post 10 or are you just busy arguing?
REASON INDIANS ALWAYS FAIL IN ENGINEERING IS THAT THEY SPEND ALL THEIR TIME IN SELF GRATIFICATION INSTEAD OF ENGINEERING

What happened genius, did you just ran out of rants ?

Indians always fail in engineering, maybe that's why Indians have working space & nuclear programs. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom