What's new

Naya KPK | News & Updates on the development in KPK.

179760_385309728237605_410530200_n.jpg

1005143_659450084070705_594432608_n.jpg

June 15, 2013

2768932352.jpg

The UAE’s Pakistan Assistance Programme is distributing 30,000 bags to students in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province as part of a programme to support education in the country.

30,000 school bags for pupils in Pakistan

The initiative will assist 30,000 schoolchildren in 25 cities and towns of Swat

The UAE Pakistan Assistance Programme (PAP) is distributing 30,000 school bags to poor, needy and orphan students in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province as part of its second phase of the school bag initiative, being implemented under the instructions of President His Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan to support education in Pakistan.

Abdullah Al Gafli, Director of PAP, said the school bag initiative will assist 30,000 male and female students in 25 cities and towns of the province.

He said the school aid programme is part of the UAE’s efforts to assist students of low-income families to pursue learning.

The initiative, he stressed, aims at easing the financial burden with regard to education, noting that many poor parents were reluctant to send their children to school because they could not afford the fees.

He added that the water-proof bag was specially tailored to last for more than three years and contains all the basic stationery the student will need.

He said the programme is being carried out for the second year running, building on the positive response the first phase generated.

A survey of educators showed that the percentage of attendance had increased remarkably and students maintained high morale.

The PAP’s education initiative will build 53 schools and colleges along with technological and technical institutes, all fully equipped with modern learning facilities. Last year, Al Gafli said, 48 educational institutions were completed and received students.

He said the PAP has made a qualitative leap in the educational sector in the targeted regions, opening up new opportunities for building

professional and career capacities and helping those beneficiaries to help in economic and social development.

Indirectly, he said, the PAP empowers students to serve themselves, their family, and the community, thus contributing to reducing unemployment and eliminating poverty.

30,000 school bags for pupils in Pakistan | GulfNews.com

Jun 16, 2013

More Pakistani children can now go to school, thanks to UAE initiative

Needy and orphaned students in Pakistan are being given 30,000 schoolbags by the UAE Pakistan Assistance Programme.

The initiative, ordered by the President, Sheikh Khalifa, to support education in the country, will provide bags to boys and girls in 25 cities and towns in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.

Abdullah Al Ghafli, the programme's director, said the initiative was part of the UAE's efforts to assist students from low-income families in pursuing their studies.

Many parents in the province, he said, were otherwise reluctant to send their children to school because of the costs involved.

He said the waterproof bags were designed to last for more than three years and each one contained basic stationery.

Mr Al Ghafli said this was the second year of the initiative and he hoped to build on the success of the first year, which had generated a positive response.

A survey showed student attendance had increased since the initiative began and that morale had been bolstered.

The Pakistan Assistance Programme is also building 53 modern schools, colleges and technical institutes.

Last year, said Mr Al Ghafli, 48 educational institutions were completed and began accepting students. He said the programme had made a qualitative leap in the educational sector.

More Pakistani children can now go to school, thanks to UAE initiative - The National

1010566_10151720537973383_1226831459_n.jpg

I am more interested in the bottom line...2 packages for Peshawar.

Yup... this is something the CM is worried about too. The Capital City needs a complete overhaul and a hefty amount has been reserved for that purpose. Even Fin. Minister said; we'll be making Peshawar a model city. Let's see how it goes.

The Load-shedding has been phenomenally decreased here. In cities it's 1hr after every 3hrs while in Villages where most of the stealing takes place... it's 1hr after every hr. How's the situation elsewhere?

The Load-shedding has been phenomenally decreased here. In cities it's 1hr after every 3hrs while in Villages where most of the stealing takes place... it's 1hr after every hr. How's the situation elsewhere?

Maybe KPK govt taking a strict stance (improbable) or the federal doing something with the DISCO and GENCOs?

BTW, yesterday there was 15 hours consecutive no electricity in Askari Lahore. Almost the same in Defence as well (near LUMS).

Maybe KPK govt taking a strict stance (improbable) or the federal doing something with the DISCO and GENCOs?

BTW, yesterday there was 15 hours consecutive no electricity in Askari Lahore. Almost the same in Defence as well (near LUMS).

The CM have taken the issue of load-shedding (L.S) with PESCO Chief, ACs very seriously... This I think has got something to do with relatively less LS during the past week.

970339_301661723301801_1790844513_n.jpg

(The one to the ext-right is our MNA... a very humble and simple man.)

15-hrs LS could've been due a fault or something...

I don't know about that but load shedding has reduced in majority off pakistan nawaz government is working hard I think and also kpk guys

The CM have taken the issue of load-shedding (L.S) with PESCO Chief, ACs very seriously... This I think has got something to do with relatively less LS during the past week.

I heard now a days some areas of Pesh facing 18-20 hours of load shedding is that true?

Thousands of people have been effected by floods in KPK, i don't know its true or not but few minz ago Dawn news gave figure of 10 lakh, media was giving warning from last 3 days its a criminal negligence of PTI Government.

Thousands of people have been effected by floods in KPK, i don't know its true or not but few minz ago Dawn news gave figure of 10 lakh, media was giving warning from last 3 days its a criminal negligence of PTI Government.

How so?

Measures for preventing floods have to be taken months in advance. PTI government was there only for days and even then they took measures, I was seeing on Express that KPK govt had dispatched teams with required equipment to Nowshera, Swat and other area. Army has also been assisting in Swat. A total of 8 teams have been dispatched if I remember correctly.

Good to know that he is taking it seriously, let's hope they make some power generation units as well.

Another thing to note is the simplicity. Don't want to start a comparison thing, but compare this with PML or Shahbaz Sharif and you get your answer.

@AstanoshKhan yar I heard that kala baba (something like that) of Sherpao group has been given forest ministry and he himself is a don of timber mafia?

is it true?
@Spring Onion ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom