What's new

Naya KPK | News & Updates on the development in KPK.

Can you please show me picture of any roads, dams, electricity project, school, university or even hospital started and completed by PTI government in last 2 years?

why do you want new roads when the existing ones are encroached upon and with no traffic regulation?
or new hospitals when the existing ones are understaffed, out of medicine and lacking efficient organisation structure?
or new schools when the existing ones are understaffed, without proper infrastructure and an urdu medium delivery system?
or new universities which are run as fiefdoms by the respective VCs while having no research focus?

its better to set in place an institutional structure for all these things and then go on to build more. PTI never said they will build new schools, hospitals, universities etc but instead they promised to improve the governance of the existing institutions. This is what they will be judged upon during the next elections.

New system improves attendance of staff at hospitals
ASHFAQ YUSUFZAI — PUBLISHED about 9 hours ago
WHATSAPP
0 COMMENTS
PRINT
552ae998a2782.jpg

PESHAWAR: The attendance of doctors and other staff has improved at the teaching hospitals after launching of biometric machines some three weeks ago, according to sources.

The health department has made it obligatory for the teaching staff to record the attendance through the system, recently installed at the teaching hospitals of the province.

The provincial government launched biometric system of attendance in the four teaching hospitals of the province -- Khyber Teaching Hospital, Hayatabad Medical Complex and Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar and Ayub Teaching Hospital Abbottabad -- with a view to ensure presence of health staffers and improve patients’ care at the public sector hospitals.

The system of attendance was not new for paramedics, nurses and other staff of these institutions as there was already a mechanism according to which each of them used to sing a register soon after arrival at their respective places.

On contrary, it was quite new for doctors, who had no attendance system, and it was for the first time that presence of professors, associate and assistant professors were checked under the new system at the hospitals, sources said.

Previously, there was administrative check on senior as well as junior doctors.

The associations of doctors argue that the system is not appropriate for them owing to their nature of duty, but official sources say that biometric system of attendance is part of the government’s reform agenda in health sector and can be applied on all employees from professor to Class-IV.

Majority of senior consultants approve the biometric system
“Doctors were government servants like any other employee and are required to comply with the government’s directives,” a medical director at a teaching hospital told Dawn. He said that majority of senior consultants approved the system but 20 per cent were still hesitant.

There are some technical flaws in the machines which are being taken care of. For example, the machines failed to recognise some of the thumbs which had been reported to the authorities.

“Every government employee will have to make thumb impression on biometric machines already installed in their respective departments. The system informs all the relevant officials about the attendance of their staff,” he said.

A professor, who heads a ward at a city’s hospital, said that he had become sick with his fellow junior doctors owing to their unlawful disappearance from the wards and OPDs. He feels that the system is good. “I am able to track my staff,” he said. It can be improved with passing of time.

“If a professor, who leads a department at a teaching hospital, becomes punctual, the other staff from dispenser to nurse and technician, ward orderly and sweeper will follow suit. It will lead to quality of patients’ care,” he said.

A senior surgeon said that he could check attendance of his staff at the department even if he was away.

A professor said that it would also help to increase the number of patients at the OPDs, laboratories, wards and operation theaters etc where lack of attendance had been a major problem in the past. Services would improve, he said.

“In a few weeks, attendance has improved. Some problems are still there, which can be overcome by local administrators. Some employees visit the machine in the morning and disappear and come back to hospitals at 2pm to record thumbs on the machine,” he said.

The professor said that since the launch of the new system, they had detected more than a dozen ghost employees besides improving staff presence.

Published in Dawn, April 13th, 2015

10929559_1037334076309012_1092163812716597808_n.jpg

Simple model for KPK education reforms, reward good performance, reject substandard work ethic, and encourage best practices. Once we create an expectation of merit and system then all these reforms in place will have a multiplier impact on the standards of education in the province. We are getting there inch by inch .....

KP to complete work on 12 more small dams

April 13, 2015
RECORDER REPORT
0 Comments

br-black.gif
The provincial government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is to complete the construction of 12 more small dams in next three years to cultivate more barren lands in the province. This was disclosed by Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister for Irrigation, Mehmood Khan while talking to this scribe. He said that construction work on these dams is at various stages of completion.

These dams are included Darmalak Dam (Kohat), Goley Banda Dam (Karak), Mardankhel Dam (Karak), Kundal Dam (Swabi), Zamir Gul Dam (Kohat), Gul Dheri Dam (Nowshera), Jhangra Dam (Haripur), Kiyala Dam (Abbottabad), Fadwalian Dam (Haripur), Jalozai Dam (Nowshera), Shah Kaleem Dam (Nowshera) and Sattai Kalti Dam (Bannu).

Out of these 12 dams five including Darmalak Dam, Zamir Gul Dam (Kohat), Goley Banda Dam and Mardankhel Dam (Karak) and Kundal Dam Swabi will be completed during the current calendar year while the remaining seven will be completed during calendar years 2016 and 2017 respectively.

The Directorate General, Small Dams has also completed the detailed design of seven more small dams including Sanam Dam (Dir Lower), Chamak Mira Dam (Abbottabad), Sumari Payan (Kohat), Kora Nullah Dam (D.I.Khan), Latamber Dam (Karak), Banda Dam Sher Dera Dam in district Swabi.

Similarly, the detail designing of 10 more small dams situated in different districts of the province is also in progress while the feasibility study of 17 more small dams with live storage capacity of 57537 acres feet will bring 38841 acres more land under cultivation. Furthermore, the feasibility study of 12 more small dams is also progress.

The provincial minister said that the completion of these dams will provide perennial irrigation supply to 1,442,749 acres of barren land and will provide drinking water facilities to 216,000 population of the project area in the province.

The total storage capacity of these dams are 18131 acres feet and their completion will help improve the socio-economic conditions and these areas will be become self-sufficient in food grains, vegetables and fruits besides drinking water facility and livestock development and will create job opportunity.

KP to complete work on 12 more small dams | Business Recorder

imran khan ‏@immi795 29m29 minutes ago
Special Combat Unit (SCU), #NayaKP Police. SCU undergoing Helicopter Rappelling Training #kpkupdates

CCeI98oWMAA7Tuf.jpg

CCeI-BlWgAE1Xa5.jpg

CCeI-tUWIAAIDpl.jpg

CCeI_LqXIAAG-3a.jpg

why do you want new roads when the existing ones are encroached upon and with no traffic regulation?
or new hospitals when the existing ones are understaffed, out of medicine and lacking efficient organisation structure?
or new schools when the existing ones are understaffed, without proper infrastructure and an urdu medium delivery system?
or new universities which are run as fiefdoms by the respective VCs while having no research focus?

its better to set in place an institutional structure for all these things and then go on to build more. PTI never said they will build new schools, hospitals, universities etc but instead they promised to improve the governance of the existing institutions. This is what they will be judged upon during the next elections.

My question was very specific and i expect specific answer.You deliver governance where things are already in place. Can lady reading hospital serve the whole population of Peshawar? Is there any traffic management plan for Peshawar city, consider there will be 50,000 more cars on roads by 2017? All you see about PTI governance is temporary make up and BS. They have done nothing in last two years.
As a voter it matters for me to see
New Schools and universities
Medical colleges
Housing projects
Improved infrastructure
Better transport
Electricity projects
Jobs
If you ask similar question to someone in Punjab they will give you fast replies with evidence.

My question was very specific and i expect specific answer.You deliver governance where things are already in place. Can lady reading hospital serve the whole population of Peshawar? Is there any traffic management plan for Peshawar city, consider there will be 50,000 more cars on roads by 2017? All you see about PTI governance is temporary make up and BS. They have done nothing in last two years.
Medical colleges
Housing projects
Improved infrastructure
Better transport
Electricity projects
Jobs
If you ask similar question to someone in Punjab they will give you fast replies with evidence.

How about you shut up and go through this entire thread to see that what you are asking, is already there in previous pages. Don't blame others just because you are a lazy bum and cannot be bothered to look at previous pages of this thread. There are enough pictures of development work by PTI in KPK in this thread.

Simply ranting 'they have done nothing in the last two years' goes to show you're just another ignorant patwari.

How about you shut up and go through this entire thread to see that what you are asking, is already there in previous pages. Don't blame others just because you are a lazy bum and cannot be bothered to look at previous pages of this thread. There are enough pictures of development work by PTI in KPK in this thread.

Simply ranting 'they have done nothing in the last two years' goes to show you're just another ignorant patwari.

Maybe i am ignorant, if you've got something please do enlighten me.
Any road planned and constructed by KPK government, hospital, school, university, parks etc.

Nothing on ground in actual terms. This thread has nothing except fake projects and colourful posters.

Medical colleges
Housing projects
Improved infrastructure
Better transport
Electricity projects
Jobs

if those things matter to you before anything else then you obviously are right in not supporting PTI. These things come second on my list.

Nothing on ground in actual terms. This thread has nothing except fake projects and colourful posters.

So says the Jiyala because he and his PPP masters are skilled at the art of 'fake projects'. They go to photo-sessions and arrange colorful events to 'launch' projects. A month later, all that money has been eaten up by Mr. 10% and his goons + some leftovers for Qalandari so he can quit his day time job and rant against PTI here.

Maybe i am ignorant, if you've got something please do enlighten me. Any road planned and constructed by KPK government, hospital, school, university, parks etc.

Like I said, we don't have time to babysit a lazy bum. You have two hands, and a computer. Scroll through the pages of this entire thread and you will find your answers. We only spoon-feed 3yr olds, so you'd have to choose between admitting you are highly inept and lazy or just a lousy 3yr old.

So says the Jiyala because he and his PPP masters are skilled at the art of 'fake projects'. They go to photo-sessions and arrange colorful events to 'launch' projects. A month later, all that money has been eaten up by Mr. 10% and his goons + some leftovers for Qalandari so he can quit his day time job and rant against PTI here.

Like I said, we don't have time to babysit a lazy bum. You have two hands, and a computer. Scroll through the pages of this entire thread and you will find your answers. We only spoon-feed 3yr olds, so you'd have to choose between admitting you are highly inept and lazy or just a lousy 3yr old.

Correction: Not Mr. 10% it was almost Mr. 110% on some projects in his last term.

PTI talks big but barely any progress shown in KPK... People still living like dogs over there and Imran Khan instead worrying about Karachi... This fools party aka PTI :lol:

Back
Top Bottom