What's new

Naya KPK | News & Updates on the development in KPK.

@Astonish Khan with 67 seats, does it mean PTI has 2/3 majority in KPK?

Yes an allied 2/3rd majority... Molana is having sleepless nights since he gave an indication that he would over throw PTI's Govt in KPK soon but with the master strokes of Pervaiz Khattak, Aazam Swati and Shoukat Yousafzai, PTI is getting stronger. Even JI and QWP would not be able to blackmail PTI now. This is good going.

How many independents are left now? And how many have joined opposing group?

Normally, indep go to the ruling party.

But it would be interesting to see what PTI does, no alliance with any party means that PTI would be without shackles and won't need to carry along any baggage...then JI and islamist tag will go so will the alliance with Sherpao. But it would be very immoral, akhri waqt par akar mun mor diya.

Sir PTI had won 35 seats out of 99. There were 14 independents out of which 8 already joined PTI so only 6 more independents left to join any political party.

PTI has 43 + 7 from JI + 7 from QWP = 57 seats so far in alliance.

PTI will get major chunk of reserved seats in proportion of their vote bank.

Yes an allied 2/3rd majority... Molana is having sleepless nights since he gave an indication that he would over throw PTI's Govt in KPK soon but with the master strokes of Pervaiz Khattak, Aazam Swati and Shoukat Yousafzai, PTI is getting stronger. Even JI and QWP would not be able to blackmail PTI now. This is good going.

They don't have 2/3rd majority unless you are counting N-League's moral support to PTI to form government in KP. They have 57 seats out of 99 so far, if I didn't make any error in calculation

Sir PTI had won 35 seats out of 99. There were 14 independents out of which 8 already joined PTI so only 6 more independents left to join any political party.

PTI has 43 + 7 from JI + 7 from QWP = 57 seats so far in alliance.

PTI will get major chunk of reserved seats in proportion of their vote bank.

They don't have 2/3rd majority unless you are counting N-League's moral support to PTI to form government in KP. They have 57 seats out of 99 so far, if I didn't make any error in calculation

You're right. My calculation got me all wrong... it should be 57 not 67.

On a sidenote, a candidate of APML (the only candidate of Mush) too had joined PTI recently...

You're right. My calculation got me all wrong... it should be 57 not 67.

On a sidenote, a candidate of APML (the only candidate of Mush) too had joined PTI recently...

i thought 18th amendment does not allow a winning candidate from any party to change his party. if he wants to do it, he has to give up his seat and then re-contest in the elections. which is a fair thing to do!!
so how did that APML candidate join the PTI? because otherwise it would mean that he still belongs to APML and has unilaterally decided to support PTI - similar to the forward block in PML-Q.

i thought 18th amendment does not allow a winning candidate from any party to change his party. if he wants to do it, he has to give up his seat and then re-contest in the elections. which is a fair thing to do!!
so how did that APML candidate join the PTI? because otherwise it would mean that he still belongs to APML and has unilaterally decided to support PTI - similar to the forward block in PML-Q.

this doesnot apply on one man party or a party that has one candidate.

Okay I've to admitt we/I are not careful with use of prpoer wordings here. Joining PTI only mean that he joined PTI-lead Govt. not the party itself.

Okay I've to admitt we/I are not careful with use of prpoer wordings here. Joining PTI only mean that he joined PTI-lead Govt. not the party itself.

But here you were right, He has joined PTI and is no more in APML.

1369457942_20.gif

dont blame it on Pmln. Pmln cancelled many contacts with HFO based IPPs. All those 24000 MW that Ppp said was not installed bcz of Nawaz were HFO based

and this theft is a serious issue. 30 % is too much. Sadly outside Punjab the average is above 30%. Karachi, Hyderabad, Quetta, Peshawar companies need to bring it down

If Pti can bring them down It will help Pakistan in controlling circular debt.

There is no electricity theft in Punjab. The bill recovery ranges between 95% to 98% in power distributing companies of Punjab. Rest of the three provinces are trapped with electricity theft issues and their recovery is only 50-70%.

You are right that is why I didn't reply to last message as I was confused myself about how he was able to switch-over the party. Only independents are allowed to join the political party within the time-frame given in the constitution.

Chaudhry Shujaat also filed a petition in ECP to prevent their candidates joining other parties after the election.

I think you meant to say APML is ally of PTI in KPK? otherwise one individual can't switch over as per the clause in the constitution? I could be wrong though

There is no electricity theft in Pakistan. The bill recovery ranges between 95% to 98% in power distributing companies of Punjab. Rest of the three provinces are trapped with electricity theft issues and their recovery is only 50-70%.

No theft? So what are these guys doing with these kundas?

Kundas by ArgusPanoptes007, on Flickr

Line losses and theft account for about one third of the losses. One third. 1/3. One in three.

That is a LOT.

Back
Top Bottom